Fringe

Johari Window

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 14, 2010 on FOX

• Johari Window

We returned to the inevitable comparisons and bottom "Fringe" is not to blame. Our memory is that it leads to other sides, the shortest aroma. And this episode is a giant window into the past of terror television and film.

Movies like "The Hills Have Eyes" or "Wrong Turn" appear as ready reference. Episodes such as the terrifying "Home" from "The X-Files" immediately break our retinas, which come in contact with deformed beings. A young man, apparently normal, is collected by police at the roadside and taken to the police station. On the way his face changes, the appearance is different. Fearful. Lead us to the police station, where suddenly erupt two adults of the same look and exterminate all the authority that lived there. Home well built, stranger than usual, which leaves the viewer thinking about the immediate possibilities without being able to actually fit all.

The great achievement of this episode was precisely to make us think for a long time. Yes they could have revealed the answer later but in general the mystery was well insured, with certain tracks in the right place. Situations arise, we are reminded of those old references, but never managed to uncover the veil in its entirety. What was happening is that an entire population wore a transmission of electromagnetic energy that protected its true deformation. Were once subjected to an experience and it was this area that gave them a secure appearance. The research was divided in two groups activities and was funny to see Walter (John Noble) and Astrid (Jasika Nicole) outside the laboratory, to seek the true source of the problem. In addition we had the right to some action scenes very well achieved.

What was missing then this "Johari Window"? Lacked a dirty bit of intensity. Blood, rot. You had to feel that claustrophobia of small land, little land to different people, with different people who want to see outsiders outside. It was necessary danger, and that evil appeared.

I am an avowed fan of this kind of stories, from small towns on the map anonymous but hiding a huge secret. "Fringe" gave us his great chapter of this book and in general did not do so badly. He could have done better was.

The Best: The History.

The worst: The danger did not occur.