Fringe

Night of Desirable Objects

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 24, 2009 on FOX

• Night of Desirable Objects

We are creatures fast. Rushed make our day and swing speed comes to us only in situations of impact. That's when I hit my knee on the chair careless that I realize my genica. All to say, when we packed the worst we can do is put an object in front.

And this "Night of Desirable Objects" is a huge obstacle in our journey and see one of my worst fears, that bind a curious chain.

First, we turn to the case of the week. After a late start and later filled with mythology and the key issues, is pressing the pause button and go to the field. Neither Massive Dynamics, global or conspiracies, or big cities, not the slightest connection - they sometimes still struggle but not here - with the central plot. People are disappearing and nobody knows why.

Why is my second point, because if nobody knows we know very quickly. Everything is predictable, very predictable. If you really want to continue to invest in this type of narrative structure have to add mystery, twists, surprises, and not report everything to the middle of the story, because then the little interest that we immediately dies. 40 minutes are linear where a doctor has created a child-freak who is a sort of mole. What this contributes to our happiness? Or rather, what it contributes to the happiness of the series? Absolutely nothing.

Thirdly, the spaces that exist and could function as the primary engine of the plot are wasted in moments like this that Walter (John Noble) again repeats his theory. Characters that could give a new fresh air to the situations and actions, are silenced, as Jessup (Meghan Markle), which after a promising start here was not a single speech. And the only novelty of the episode was the fact that Olivia (Anna Torv) to be very careful with the hearing, an apparent consequence of having traveled to a parallel universe [I do not consider that the new Charlie (Kirk Acevedo) is bad and trying to walk draw information from the protagonist].

Fourthly and lastly, there is my fear of having fewer words to write or to write always the same.

"Fringe" has room to grow. It has room for a plot and a primary event of the week. It's just a matter of consciously managing well and all these plots, never forgetting the crucial value of entertainment.