Fringe

FOX (ended 2013)

Gislef

Fringe Fan Reviews page 5 of 12

• This show is on the fast track to cancellation!

This show started off strong and has increasingly shown the badges of the poorer elements of LOST. The writers and producers are falling back into their dithering ways. It is no surprise the show was moved to Friday night. That is its last stop before cancellation. I watched every episode up until tonight. I was seriously holding back puke when they started up on this whole angle of "which universe survives depends on which Olivia Peter chooses" bubble gum crap. Wait.. I think I just threw up a little.. OK, I'm better now. The arrival of William Bell's spirit in Olivia was too much. Her creaky, old man voice is probably some of the worst acting I've seen in the entire series. It's done. I can't stomach another episode of this junk. J.J. Abrams and his crew are selling poop and I won't sit through another minute of it. I guarantee this show gets cut after this season or sometime in the middle of the next.
  • We love Fringe, it has to be one of the most facinating shows we've ever seen.

It was sad that the show was almost cancelled after season 3, thankfully FOX took the reigns. we love this show so much that the characters have become like weekly members of our family.

Thank heavens Peter is back, sad that no one knows or remembers him. will theobserver men in black come after him? we will have to stay rivited to find out.

• Simply Ingenious work..

Best Show Ever!!

The story line is just spectacular and intriguing. Its amazing how much attention is paid to the details.

All the cast is great. They are doing amazing job especiallyJohn Nobleand the cute & lovelyAnna Torv..Love you :)

People say that they are copying X-Files whether its true or not but one thing is for sure that Fringe has its own Charm and Style and we just get addicted to it.

People don't miss out of the best Sci-Fi television..

Cant wait for the next season..

• I love this show, i really do, but this new season, with the "elimination" of Peter from time it opened a lot of holes. It left the show looking like a swiss cheese, a lot of paradoxes were ignored.

For example, how could Bolivia switched with the real Olivia if they never went to their universe!! they only went there because of Peter... With no Peter, they had no reason to go there...

But wait, that lives us with another paradox, if Bolivia never went to there universe, then she never found the missing piece of the machine, therefor the machine was never started by Walternet!!

Another example is Walter. The only reason he checked out of the Hospital was because of Peter. Olivia had to drag Peter's ass so that Walter would Check out!!

With no Peter, no Walter!!!

I could go on and on with this paradoxes that were left out with no explanation. There is plenty more of those.

But, i guess i can ignore those holes for a little longer to see where the show will lead us...

• I really like this show. Maybe the best science fiction of the present!

All characters are really well written. Acting is great.Walter's character is the best.

Science fiction plots are very verisimilitude.

This series has it all - science fiction, action, drama, a little fun with Walter.

And the reload in the current season is very interesting.

So in general the series is Suprb+.

• modern-day X-Files

I just loved the "transmogrification" reference to Calvin & Hobbes comic strips in the opening sequence.

Fringe opening theme on Youtube :

What's transmogrification, according to Calvin / Bill Watterson :

Apart from that, well, the pilot was pretty well done & the acting (I'm curious to see how John Noble's character will evolve - & maybe Mark Valley's) and special effects are decent but it feels so much like a remake of the X Files that it's a little embarassing. Still, I intend to keep an eye on the series, just hoping that the episodes plots will focus on the conspiracy rather than making it peripheral as it happened in the X Files...
  • Fringe is one of the best TV shows I ever watched. And I can definitely put it in the top 5.

Fringe is definitely Top 5 material if you ask me. It is true they are trying to copy X-files. That can be only a good thing.

Fringe has a great potential for at least 3 more seasons if not more. I like it when series are not cancelled and could go up to 6 or 7 seasons! That makes it special.

I really adored the parallel reality switches. The NY towers still there. The airships above NY city. I got goosebumps. They can make even a third reality if they will.

• what can i say about this show just great, one of my top fav shows ever.

Fringe is simply the new version of X-Files, it took its goods and even improve it.

The characters are just genious how can they just made you feel everything and be sad or happy when they are.

I love all the cast but speciallyJohn Noble(Walter)is just a genius actor which will made you laugh in the middle of your tears.

I'm waiting for the new season with what it will bring to us.

• Itching to watch a show filled with uninteresting characters who display no common sense or intelligence? This is the show for you!

Watching this show is a waste of 1.5 hours of your life. There is not one original moinute of programming, and if you cannot predict the shockingly unsurprising plot twists then you have either not watched a lot of television or should not be allowed to vote in national elections.

If you want to save some time in your life, here's a quick summary:

I missed the first few minutes of the show (Well, I wouldn't say that I "missed" them, to borrow a line for Office Space), but joined in time to watch two FBI agents following a suspect in a freight yard. The suspect causes an explosion that knocks the female FBI agent out, but strangely fails to cause substantial concussive harm to her male companion, who seemed to be at pretty much the epicenter of the blast. It does, however, cause the male agent to sugger from a nasty skin condition.

Some random stuff happens and suddenly the female agent (whose name I don't remember, and frankly don't care to try and remember. I'll call her "Sue" for future reference.) decides that she needs to go find some genius guy with "an IQ of 190".

So we see the genius guy negotiate a $600,000 deal in multiple languages, yet he is not bright enough to see a terrible bluff from 1000 miles away. Here's a tip, if the FBI has you over a barrel they'll just start in with that, not beg you for help. Here's another tip, real FBI agents who are really working usually travel in pairs, display credentials, and don't seem like they are on the verge of tears.

The genius guy (we'll call him "Bob") and Sue go back to find Bob's dad, who is some kind of insance scientist, only he's crazy like a fox!

Stupid stuff happens and they catch the guy from the first scene. More random stuff happens and the bad guy tells Sue that he taped the interrogation and buried the tape in the yard. Sue believes this because she is an idiot and doesn't remember that the police usually search suspects before they interrogate them.

More stupid stuff happens, there's a random scene where Sue mind melds with her blown-up boyfriend, then her boyfriends gets better and kills the bad guy, but not in a good way. Then, because Sue and bob want to get it on, or at least have some sexual tension, the boyfriend dies. Thank god, cuz that would have been awkward. Except he's only "mostly dead", so whatever.

The plot was predictable, the dialog laughable, and the acting performed by spasmatic monkeys with less emotional complexity than my Nintendo DS.
  • Poorly coiffed female FBI agent must work with googlie-eyed crazy scientist and his son to save her love and explore the mysteries that were better handled by Mulder & Scully over a decade ago.

Just because you slap "J. J. Abrams" on it, doesn't mean that it's any good. This guy gets a lot of credit as a creative genius, but I don't see it. Lost went downhill after season one and this show doesn't deserve to be aired on any network, even Fox. This is bad. Late night tv imported from Canada (no offense intended) bad. Bad acting, bad lighting, and horrible dream sequences. And the music!!! yikes. How did this get picked up???? Anna Torv, who plays Olivia Dunham is a horrible actress. John Noble, playing Dr. Walter Bishop, is just as ridiculous. Odd camera angles don't help anyone. I watched because someone compared it to the X-files. This show is nowhere near the X-files. Seeing the title credits, I had high hopes, but an hour into this pilot episode and I am thoroughly disgusted. Here comes the fake robotic arm!!!

Sadly, this form would not let me rate this a zero.
  • An amazing show after the X-files! All the actors do an awesome job with how the show is played. The beginnings are always something to suck you in to the show.

Each episode will show you a different way that life and math come together in amazing and impossible acts in nature. When the show goes through each case and how to figure out what is going on in the world and what could be possible. Some of the cases seem impossible but each time they are explained in a way that really could be possible.
  • Just keeps getting better with each episode!

This has to be one of the most fascinating TV series that I've faithfully watched in recent years. I love that it was moved to the Friday night slot. Usually it's a deathknell to weaker shows. Not so here despite concerns. This was actually a wise move. Finally, a return to Sci-Fi Fridays the best night of the week to celebrate the strange and the unknown!
    JJ and the crew have struck gold with FRINGE. Two Universes share the same space and time. Portions of each infringe upon the other trying to occupy the same physical space causing catastrophes, mysterious events, and gruesome deaths for those caught in the transition. Only one Universe may survive the final devastation but more than likely both may fall unless a solution is found. Two worlds. Two opposite sides of the same coin. Lots of similarities between the two but also differences in technology, ecology, economy and politics. You have a wacky but brilliant scientist whom has spent much of his adult life institutionalized with a piece of his brain missing that he longs to have returned. It's the part of his brain that he needs to solve the puzzle of how to stop the two Universes from cancelling each other out. He has a son, whom he had abducted from the 'otherside' after his own son's untimely death. He now holds the key as to which Universe will ultimately be the winner in a contest that spans ages as well as dimensions. There is an abundance of weird science and mysterious beings. Who is the woman who can travel between the two Universes using her own powers? Who are the secretive and mysterious Observers with strange abilities not possessed by mortal man? What does an ancient civilization have to do with modern events? What is the secret behind the machine that was assembled from parts that were scattered around the globe and potentially may save or destroy an entire Universe? There is a love story unfolding between a man, a woman and her trans-dimensional counterpart that gave birth to a child altered by scientific tinkering. There are those that want to possess that child at all costs.
    Well thought out characters with meaningful story arcs have driven the series to compete with the best that TV has to offer. Not since X Files and Lost has a network TV series created such a rich and satisfying milieu. Questions about what makes us human, the nature of consciousness, the existence of the soul--all these things and more are explored.
    While most of the show's critics have found fault with the love story arc I think it is crucial to the entire plot and adds a critical element that otherwise would crumble under close scrutiny. Of course, there are those (1 star voters in particular--read their posts and their comments sound like adolescent chitter-chatter) that just want a cartoonish, explosion packed, chase scene after chase scene, super fantastical and unbelievable events to unfold weekly. They cannot handle a story that takes a dozen episodes to unfold or deep philosophical and intellectual concepts. Give them superficial bug-eyed monsters and bloody murders... they're content. The rest of us (adults) prefer something that allows us to invest in the plot and to identify and sympathize with the characters. Love, trust, commitment, loyalty, family--all the trappings that real adults feel are contemptable to the 1 star reviewers. Stories with substance makes them ill (they actually admit it in their reviews too). Until the next LOST-like blockbuster comes around FRINGE will be the only show to delve into the souls of the characters and its viewers. One that makes us all question the reality that we so easily take for granted. And to actually mourn the passing (if no equitable solution is found) of whichever Universe that loses the ultimate battle for survival. I highly recommend FRINGE for any thinking, emotionally secure and adventurous souls seeking a Speculative Science TV show and not a cartoonish, derivative and mind-numbing experience. To the latter I suggest Disney or Nickelodeon programs.
  • This is the best show ever. Up until a few months ago, I didn't even know about the existince of Fringe. I first saw an episode when I was pregnant at home waiting for my child to be born. Since that day I can not miss one episode. I'm really excited for

The end is almost in sight. Fringe gets more exciting week after week. I'm really curious about Sam Weiss and what his purpose really is in the events started. The machine was not only to destroy, but also to create depending on Peter's state of mind. What will happen when he learns that he has a child on the other side, will he choose for the love of a woman or for the love for his child. Personally I always thought that the last episode would end with the death of Peter; in the sense that Walter goes back in time and keeps himselve from taking the peter from the other side. If both peters were left to die, the other side would never come to fall apart and the machine that creates and destroys would never be used, simply because the other side will never be aware of the fact that they are not the only universe. Let's see what the writers have in store for us. I'm still very curious

p.s. But I do think that all of these problems started because of the observer. If he didn't distract Walternate when he was making the cure, Walternate could have seen that he could save Peter.
    So i'ts not only Walter's foult that the universe is falling apart but also the observer's
  • Could this be a hint of The Dark City? or a very slight hint of the world of the Matrix? where people are being controlled by a (major spoilers)...

secret, powerful organization in which the members could be the Observers. There are essentially two big main characters that revolve around the show. I believe it's Peter and the Observers. There are much more bigger theories on Olivia's character but after the finale we could put that on the side for now. This show is simply beautiful and J.J. Abrams still amazes me with his creativity and artistic mind.

It seemed that people revolved around Olivia but actually it might seem that people revolved around Peter. Now that it was explained that he did not exist, it seemed that he was kind of the water or sugar to their emotions. That explains why people seemed to be very emotional around him, like Walter and Olivia. But still, it doesn't really explain the phenomenon well.
    I get a slight hint from the epic finale that the observers control everything about both worlds and that they serve a higher organization. Like their holding both worlds, controlling it on their hands like a snowball. This reminds me of The Dark City.

I believe that the observers are gonna have a much more prominent role next season. We know that peter might not come back but I seriously believe that there's something that's gonna trigger an unbalance to the balance world in which the Observers try to maintain. It could be an inbalance of emotions that could happen on Walter and Olivia because obviously Peter changed their lives. Ofcourse, he is gonna leave something significant behind. It could not be in their minds but maybe something that could make him come back. Peter and the observers: two important/essential characters that intrigues me.

The finale truly gives a chance for more imaginations, theories and what-nots.
  • Disagree...

Well, I'm a great great fan of the X-Files...when it was over I swore I'd never ever watch other sci fi series. I love both Mulder and Scully, they were great characters...they completed each other. As far as I can remember, there were times when neither Scully's science could explain what happened. And that's exactly when Mulder's faith in the impossible would fit. Most of the episodes were based on facts that were "impossible", "inexplicable"...if it wasn't so they wouldn't be case for the X-Files. After I watched Fringe my promise seemed foolish. I completely fell in love with it. I don't think that they are trying to copy the X-Files, by the contrary, I see it as a beautiful homage. There are at least two moments when I could feel it: A New Day in the Old Town; first scene:"In Manhattan, New York, a man, George, wakes up at the scene of a crime crash. He runs away into the streets and goes to an apartment. He grabs a resident at his door, chokes him, and shoves him inside." that resident was watching the X-Files. and when in Washington, a Senate committee interrogates Broyles, one of them mention the X-Files.
    I only hope they won't destroy Fringe by vanishing one of he characters or by separating Peter and Olivia (I know that each one is great, but they so much better when they are together that it would be a crime to destroy that)
  • the show center on olivia dunham(anna torv) who starts working for the fbi in solving strange cases.

first off,dont believe any of those compares to the x-files b/c this show isnt anything like the x-files.

the show is about olivia dunham(main character) who works for the fbi in solving strange cases.she soon gets a couple of people on her team to help her with this cases.walter(john noble) who was behind most of this strange cases and his son peter(joshua jackson) who helps olivia understand his father walter better.astrid is the assistant to walter and there are many others characters that you will have to get to know.

each season as a different plot so dont worry to much about the powers thing.

• fringe best tv show ever the show center on olivia dunham(anna torv) & Joshua Jackson(Peter Bishop)& John Noble Dr. Walter Bishop thy are the 3 main character of the tv show

the show center on olivia dunham(anna torv) & Joshua Jackson(Peter Bishop)& John NobleDr. Walter Bishop

who starts working for the fbi in solving strange cases. hideshow

first off there are similar things which the x-files but fringe is not the x-files the show is about olivia dunham(one of the main character who works for the fbi in solving strange cases.she soon gets a couple of people on her team to help her with this cases.walter(john noble) who was behind most of this strange cases and his son peter(joshua jackson) who helps olivia understand his father walter better.astrid is the assistant to walter and there are many others characters that you will have to get to know.as the show goes on olivia discovers she has this powers.olivia discovers that her and others where experiment on when they were very young.olivia and others where made as guardinas to protect the world from a great threat that was coming.i dont want to give to much away but you can see where the show is going.and that isnt nothing like the x-files.the show is very myterious about olivia and other like her that have powers.where did they come from?who gave them their powers?the show also focus on strange things that happen in the world,there are no aliens this isnt x-files,but there are monsters or crazy people with powers doing terrible things.each season as a different plot so dont worry to much about the powers thing.but when every season ends they answer all questions you may have but set up new questions in your head for next season..the show does have action in it.there are some fight scenes that anna torv pulls off very well,there lots of shoot out sometimes,the writing is very good,the acting is very good too,and the chemistry between the cast is just great.the only problem with this show is sometimes the stories can be so difficult to follow you can get lost very easily if u dont pay attention.

• Great Show

Fringe is probably the best sci fi on tv right now it has great plots and great actors c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c cccc c c c c cc c c c c c c c
  • Dullest show on TV.

1.5
    I'm not sure what's worse about this show, the characters or the script, but each episode is even duller than the previous one. The dynamics of the characters are not working and the story lines are far from gripping. Within the first 15minutes you find yourself switching over.

I not surprised the show is losing rating, X-Flies was great in it's time, but this formula has been done to death now and FOX need to think about doing a new concept. The fact that the writers are pairing Olivia and Peter together shows they don't have faith in their work, the programme would be stronger if it focused on the cases rather than chemistry within the actors.
  • This is a great show that has really developed over the past seasons. This show is great and shouldn't be cancelled as this is one of the few good shows to watch.

This is a great show that has really developed over the past seasons. This show is great and shouldn't be cancelled as this is one of the few good shows to watch. The death slot hasn't yet taken a toll on Fringe ratings and it would be great if the ratings remained the same for a season 4 with more to come.
  • J.J., you lost me on this one, buddy.

5.5
    Haven't seen the ratings, but I can't believe we'll see much more of Fringe. Big fan of J.J. Abrams that I am, Fringe is a bit too disjointed for me. I just never cared enough about the characters. None of the actors has the charisma of J.J.'s previous/current stars Jessica Alba, Jennifer Garner and Matthew Fox.

In my opinion, killing off the boyfriend so soon was a mistake. I kind of like that guy, ex-soap actor that he is, and if we had gotten to know Olivia better through their relationship, I might be persuaded to give a rip about her. And personally I think every show needs a good undercurrent of sexual tension that I'm just never going to buy between Olivia and Peter.
  • A show not for everybody but definitely for me!

What first caught my interest on this show is Pacey err Joshua Jackson i mean. I think he's a great actor and seeing him once again after the last time that i saw him on Skulls, i'd watch anything that he's in. Learning that this is a show about paranormal activities with parallel universe just doubled the fun in watching the show. It has everything that a fan of the "strange" could ask for. Action, drama, humor and some heart-pounding scenes that would leave you wanting for more.

Every story of each episode is so well thought of that after watching it, you would be left wondering about the connections of what happened on the current episode to the previous ones and that is why it is vital to watch all episodes in order to understand this show. My friends and I get together weekly to watch episodes of Fringe and we all have fun talking and analyzing the show after it aired. The best sci-fi show for us!
  • First saw this show when it was called The X-Files

What a disappointment to see a show completely rip off the X-Files. Just because you use splenda instead of sugar in your brownie mix, doesn't mean the brownie is going to taste that much more different. The plot twists and characters are one-dimensional. Joshua Jackson reprises his role once again as a smart mouth in your face hipster, a delight if I was a teenie bopper who ga-ga'd when Dawson's Creek came on TV, a vomit fest for an adult with some taste. All in all, watch the X-Files for some quality on the edge "fringe" action if your in the mood for some good television.
  • I'm so excited!

I am already in love with this show, it is definitely one of my new top favorites next to Lost. It's like a mix of all the best shows into one. I don't get the negativity from people as it is clearly nothing like Lost. It just had some similarities with Lost like the music and plane in the beginning, but so what? It is not the same. I am excited to see how it will develop. The pilot seemed to build up to something much bigger and that gives the show a lot of potential. I like that the actors are not too well-known or anything. I don't really count Joshua as he hasn't been in anything too big for quite some time. Big names are just disturbing. The acting didn't annoy me either. I like that it wasn't overly sentimental, as it could easily have been considering the man she loved got hurt, was a bad-guy all along and "died". I'm so glad it didn't annoy me.

Also it seems to include some humor, but not too much, which is good. I am really looking forward to watch the new episode later today.
  • Just look at this site's episode ratings by all people for Fringe's top episodes, and you'll see a huge string of 9.7's and 9.6's starting the list, compared to others like House that only rate their top eps at 9.4. THIS SHOW IS A GEM AND WORTH WATCHING.

Although the first season keeps the stories episodic, its chock full with nuggets of plot that tie into the greater mythology. The mythology materializes into its second and third season that keep me gripped to the edge of my seat with each episode. This show is BETTER than X-files (and I LOVED X-files). The characters are compelling, and written well with lots of nuance. I don't see how they can ever write a more convincing mad scientist, and the mad situations they put them in blow your mind. The Peter/Olivia duo mirrors the Mulder/Scully FBI partners dynamic, but there is more depth to their interaction in Fringe.
    You get first rate performances from John Noble and Anna Torv who were SERIOUSLY overlooked by the emmys, and Josh Jackson's quiet and subtle delivery grows on you! The supporting cast is of high quality and guest stars are first rate, which I think is another proof of how good this show is because when you're an accomplished actor, you never decide to be on a BAD show!
    Its an intelligent show, even the commercial bumpers have cryptographic messages, (you can find the key online) and the thankfully short intro credits are entertaining in themselves for all the little details and hints they layer into them. Its a first rate show! To "catch up fast", start with Season 1's Pilot, then episode 14, 15, 17, 19, 20(finale) then I would watch everything from season 2 onwards. That's when the mythology really takes off. Season 1 episode 16 should be watched if you love the character Charlie like I do! :-)
  • 2008 show

I can't really say that this is the best scifi ever because I haven't seen them all. However, I can say that this is currently the best scifi on TV that is currently in production that I have seen. Less can be construed wrongly if I put it that way. This show is reminiscent of the X-Files, of which I was a loyal watcher. The dynamic energies between the characters and the plot just seem to raise it higher in my books. We are now two seasons into the series, and I have been at the edge of my seat during every episode. I look forward to next season and to discover what mysteries will be revealed.
  • The only show on television that not only sends your heart racing but keeps you thinking for days after each episode.

Fringe is the only show on television right now that has the balence right, not only is Fringe exhilirationg action that sends your heart pounding, it's a show that holds onto it's complex intelligent web of scientific truths and imposibilities, alternate universes and unexplained phenomenon.

It is also a show with a suprisingly large heart whethering it's the artfully played father ans son relationship of Peter and Walter, the romantic spark between Olivia and Peter or the way the fringe team deals with the various phenomon they face the people who cause it and the victims left behind.

Fringe is by far the best show of the last decade and hopefully this decade as well.
  • Best show on TV at present

When I started watching this show about a month ago, I was struggling to get through the pilot. It felt like just one of those "case of the week", "monster of the week" shows. Boy, was I wrong!

By the fourth episode I was hooked. While there are all those cases to be solved in most episodes, this show doesn't fall into the trap of showing the main story at the begining and at the end of the season, while for the rest of the season it is just a static backdrop, something that is very common in many shows.

No, that is not the case with Fringe. Every situation ties in perfectly with the main story, everything is related and all loose ends are eventually tied. In effect, instead of the story being a backdrop, it is superimposed over everything that happens on screen. And it is great. Every episode answers some questions, but in the process new ones are posed. Result? I always wait for the next episode with barely contained impatience.

And now for the cast. Oh the cast!
    John Noble as Walter Bishop is just amazing. His character is so believable. Eccentricity, intelligence and momentary bouts of lucidity are played to perfection. His role as Walternate shows us another face of what Walter might have become, and it also shows us amazing abilities of John Noble to pull of all these different personalities without fault.
    Joshua Jackson is a perfect anchor to reality for Walter, and a perfect partner for Olivia. He is a link connecting the entire team together. Without him Walter would be unreadable for anyone else.

And last, but definitely not the least, Anna Torv.
    At first I was a bit sceptical about her, but as the show went on she became better and better. She has become a driving force behind this show. I would watch it even if it was total garbage, just because of her. Amazing acting skills, eyes you could drown in and a script that showcases all her abilities in the best light. This is especially true of Season 3. The way she portrayes original and alternate Olivia is just amazing. Her ability to portray reluctance, emotion and breed life into B Olivia makes her much more than just an evil twin. You are made to care, to sympathize, even to hope she just might succeed at her agenda. With any other actress this would just be the case of polar opposites, black and white, but not with her. She deserves a big screen role because her talent demands it. I hope she actually gets it. Perhaps my favorite actress in recent times.

Rest of the cast is also chosen with care and they all fill meaningful roles, especially Lance Reddick as Philip Broyles.

As for talks about FOX cancelling the show in the future; it would be a collosal mistake. This show is being watched all over the globe and has a great following. Too many good and imaginative shows have been destroyed because of the inaccurate and outdated rating methods. Don't let this be one of them. This is a classic and will prove it in the years to come. FOX just has to let it do that.

So in the end, after all the praise and rambling, I can only say: watch this! You won't be dissapointed for sure.
  • Easily one of the greatest shows in the last ten years, and possibly in the top 10 of greatest shows ever.

I recently started watching the show Fringe, and I have to say, it's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. Anna Torv is a brilliant actress, the story is amazingly done, and there's Walter. Ahh, Walter.

Since I started watching Fringe, my life has changed. When something important happens, I say something like, "For this to work two things need to happen. One, I'll need to get to the bank right away. And two, I'd like a root beer." When I'm watching and I think my mind has been blown as far as it can, a guy on a plane turns into a giant porcupine monster, and my mind gets blown even further.

This show will bend the limits of the possible, even so much as bending the limits of the imaginable. You can't think of what will happen next. And doing sub-activities during every episode, like looking for the mysterious bald guy, or thinking of the crazy thing Walter will do this time, will prove to be an excellent way of twisting your mind like a pretzel, while the main plot twists it like a... I dunno, super-pretzel.

The acting is generally pretty good. You can kind of tell that Anna Torv is Australian, and Lance Reddick isn't the most believable, but the rest of the cast is very... real. Very right. I don't believe that the creators could have gotten better actors, and these characters are very lovable. When Walter starts to cry because Olivia yells at him, you feel bad, and you begin to dislike Olivia.

Then there's the story. Every plot twist seems to come out of nowhere, and hit you like a punch in the face. Every major revelation that you hope for gets shot down, and then you're left not knowing who to trust, not knowing who's good and who's bad. In every episode, there seems to be something that keeps your mind on it for an entire week, until next week, there's no mention of that thing at all. Until five weeks later, some times, when your mind has focused on other plot points, that one thing comes back into the light. And it'll continue, until the end of the season, when the five weeks changes to, what, five months?
    Watch this show. Now. If you have any mind at all, whether you like comedy, drama, supernatural, or not, you want to see this. If not for the story, than just for maybe getting to see Anna Torv making out with a woman in the next episode. It happens.

So, in the end, the score rates at 10. Fantastic story, great actors, HOOOOT lead actress, and awesome action. If this counts as a crime show, it might just be one of the greatest crime shows ever. Definitely my favorite.
  • A Kickass show with a super intriguing storyline that hooks you in!!!

This show has just got better and better. It has an intriguing storyline and lots of mystery that keeps you coming back for more. Plus, it has JJ Abrams at the helm so you cant go wrong. The characters are great and at times humurous. But there is enough suspense and action to think that this is a serious contender for the best show on TV. The whole alternative universe and war thing going on is cool!! Plus the mystery people who keep saying things that we dont have a clue what they mean. This is the best show on tv hands down!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10