Fringe

FOX (ended 2013)

Gislef

Fringe Fan Reviews (353)

• Fringe

Hey, I head that this show was about to be cancelled. What the hell? Speculations are that this show is expensive to make, well aren't they all? Come on people, use your brains and don't cancel the coolest show since the X-Files! Rethink this. The actors all have such good chemistry, they are smooth together and this show so works! DO NOT CANCEL IT PLEASE!!!
  • An amazing show after the X-files! All the actors do an awesome job with how the show is played. The beginnings are always something to suck you in to the show.

Each episode will show you a different way that life and math come together in amazing and impossible acts in nature. When the show goes through each case and how to figure out what is going on in the world and what could be possible. Some of the cases seem impossible but each time they are explained in a way that really could be possible.
  • Absolutely Genius

Fringe is a fantastic show. It's pretty graphic, but, has a point to all the violence. It's smart, and it's brilliant. The character development of each character is brilliant, and it's amazing actors make the heroes super likable and the bad guys super unlikeable. In the end, I think everyone should watch this show.

• Just keeps getting better with each episode!

This has to be one of the most fascinating TV series that I've faithfully watched in recent years. I love that it was moved to the Friday night slot. Usually it's a deathknell to weaker shows. Not so here despite concerns. This was actually a wise move. Finally, a return to Sci-Fi Fridays the best night of the week to celebrate the strange and the unknown!
    JJ and the crew have struck gold with FRINGE. Two Universes share the same space and time. Portions of each infringe upon the other trying to occupy the same physical space causing catastrophes, mysterious events, and gruesome deaths for those caught in the transition. Only one Universe may survive the final devastation but more than likely both may fall unless a solution is found. Two worlds. Two opposite sides of the same coin. Lots of similarities between the two but also differences in technology, ecology, economy and politics. You have a wacky but brilliant scientist whom has spent much of his adult life institutionalized with a piece of his brain missing that he longs to have returned. It's the part of his brain that he needs to solve the puzzle of how to stop the two Universes from cancelling each other out. He has a son, whom he had abducted from the 'otherside' after his own son's untimely death. He now holds the key as to which Universe will ultimately be the winner in a contest that spans ages as well as dimensions. There is an abundance of weird science and mysterious beings. Who is the woman who can travel between the two Universes using her own powers? Who are the secretive and mysterious Observers with strange abilities not possessed by mortal man? What does an ancient civilization have to do with modern events? What is the secret behind the machine that was assembled from parts that were scattered around the globe and potentially may save or destroy an entire Universe? There is a love story unfolding between a man, a woman and her trans-dimensional counterpart that gave birth to a child altered by scientific tinkering. There are those that want to possess that child at all costs.
    Well thought out characters with meaningful story arcs have driven the series to compete with the best that TV has to offer. Not since X Files and Lost has a network TV series created such a rich and satisfying milieu. Questions about what makes us human, the nature of consciousness, the existence of the soul--all these things and more are explored.
    While most of the show's critics have found fault with the love story arc I think it is crucial to the entire plot and adds a critical element that otherwise would crumble under close scrutiny. Of course, there are those (1 star voters in particular--read their posts and their comments sound like adolescent chitter-chatter) that just want a cartoonish, explosion packed, chase scene after chase scene, super fantastical and unbelievable events to unfold weekly. They cannot handle a story that takes a dozen episodes to unfold or deep philosophical and intellectual concepts. Give them superficial bug-eyed monsters and bloody murders... they're content. The rest of us (adults) prefer something that allows us to invest in the plot and to identify and sympathize with the characters. Love, trust, commitment, loyalty, family--all the trappings that real adults feel are contemptable to the 1 star reviewers. Stories with substance makes them ill (they actually admit it in their reviews too). Until the next LOST-like blockbuster comes around FRINGE will be the only show to delve into the souls of the characters and its viewers. One that makes us all question the reality that we so easily take for granted. And to actually mourn the passing (if no equitable solution is found) of whichever Universe that loses the ultimate battle for survival. I highly recommend FRINGE for any thinking, emotionally secure and adventurous souls seeking a Speculative Science TV show and not a cartoonish, derivative and mind-numbing experience. To the latter I suggest Disney or Nickelodeon programs.
  • FRINGE ROCKS!

I absolutely love Fringe!

Fringe brings creative producers, creative logical ideas, amazingly telented cast with great characters.

Before i started watching this show i was like all about supernatural stuffs (vampires, werewolfs..) ... But this show brings sci-fi excitement, entertainment; by shape shifters, perraral univers, earth elements and awesome unexpected terrorism, mind blowing science technology..

Best character: walter bisop. Very well acted. I take this as one of the Interesting and unique character.

Best episode: Peter. The episode Excitement, gave me goosebumps scene to scene. Emotional experiences. Revealing the biggest most interesting secret. Just luv it...

Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Blair Brown I would like to high light them acted very well. others are doing well too...

SAVE FRINGE, DESERVE TO BE IN THIS UNIVERSE!
  • The Greatest Thing EVER!!

When Fringe premiered 3 years ago, it was great and its continues to be the best thing on TV. The stories are intriguing and every episode grabs your attention and doesn't let go until the very end. I think everyone should watch it.
  • Fringe: Seasons 1-3

The sci-fi show that stole my heart is now 4 years old and I have to say it's probably my favourite show of all time. The characters are amazing and I'm in love with Anna Torv. This show has episodes like "White Tulip", "Ability", "Over There Pt. 1-2" and "Entrada" that makes me ask why shows like this are not popular and have low ratings. The show started weak but it really finds a personality in the middle of season 2 and then comes what I think is the best season a network show has ever created... Season 3. If you like complex shows like "Lost" or "The X-Files", watch the pilot right now.
  • Great Show

Fringe is probably the best sci fi on tv right now it has great plots and great actors c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c cccc c c c c cc c c c c c c c
  • This is a great show that has really developed over the past seasons. This show is great and shouldn't be cancelled as this is one of the few good shows to watch.

This is a great show that has really developed over the past seasons. This show is great and shouldn't be cancelled as this is one of the few good shows to watch. The death slot hasn't yet taken a toll on Fringe ratings and it would be great if the ratings remained the same for a season 4 with more to come.
  • Best show ever

That was my favorite show
  • PLEASE DON'T LET IT END!!!!

WHY???? Is the word which screams from every fibre of my being with the tragic news that Season 5 will be the finale to FRINGE. It is simply one of the most stunning shows I have ever laid my eyes on and I've seen some splendor let me tell you. (Firefly, Babylon 5, Farscape, Legend of The Galactic Heroes and of course the legendary Blakes 7).

This series had so much to offer and the actors were brilliant. Having to act out 2 or 3 roles in a single episode is seriously talented to say the least and I'll be searching high and low for there other performances. Mind blowing multi-dimensional series with enough depth to satiate even the most hardcore of sci-fi fan. To my favourite character of all however.... WALTER I WILL MISS YOU DEARLY!!!!

This series wasn't just great on a science fiction level, but also on an acting and drama level and I think that's one of the main aspects that makes this show more appealing to more than just a target audience. In some instances it's almost like the X-Files in terms of interlinking plots and threads throughout the show, but on the larger picture it expanded far beyond the X-Files in terms of characters with much greater depth and incorporated the challenges of being human amidst what the strange life of Fringe threw at the characters.

Overall I honestly gave it 10/10, there's simply no complaints to be made, all actors made a superb effort, even the background characters where amazing. A well done series.
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, it's an 11

This is not a LOST wannabee. The only thing that connects them is that at heart, they're about love. Yes there may be strange and wonderful displays of advanced science (though LOST went to the more supernatural side, while Fringe has stayed on the science side), but it's a character story.

I'm so overjoyed that Fringe was renewed for it's 5th and final season. It's sad it's going to end, but we're getting a conclusion! Thank you FOX for doing something right for once!
  • Its official!!!

I'm fully in love with fringe.

No matter how some people may feel about it. It's intrinsic play on detail is phenomenal. I cannot lie. I'm from England and just don't get the luxury of ("as it comes on I'm viewing") But you know what? I download it cause I can't wait. I love it too much. It's my TV highlight for the end of the week. If the ratings are low, then I'd be inclined to say that many by way of the internet are doing the same as me. Such is the way with such great meaningful shows. I have every single episode to date.

Keep it up guys!!!
  • This is stunning ...

The acting is great, the story is just my taste and the camera & special effects are stunning.

Please keep it going!! Just one of the best shows ever.

In a row with: Lost and BSG ...

Can't wait to see the next episode!

Adam
  • No X-Files...no problem! In steps Fringe...

I absolutely love this show, it is like X-Files meets Sherlock Holmes. The story lines remind me a lot of the earlier years of the X-Files series, fresh and always twisted enough to keep me wondering what just happened. Admittedly though some of them can tend to get a bit cheesy and lost in translation but each episode tends to offer up something from the previous or a future install. I get the Sherlock Holmes from how each case is solved, the detail that goes into every piece of evidence and every witness. Even though there are some things that can possibly send you in one direction, it's just as fun figuring out you guessed wrong and trying to see how they'll piece it together. A fairly good cast for a fairly freshman show...I think with a little more tuning and an explosive return in the new year, all should be right in the world...

Long live Fringe
  • Best Series Ever!!!!!!!!!1

I only started watching Fringe on the second season and only because my brother watched. I think i couldn't have possibly imagined how amazing and addictive this show could be. Everything from the plot to the characters, the locations and the music was so well thought after i started watching Fringe I decided to watch the first season and keep on watching it. Now i have watched 5th season and rewatched this show lots of times and believe me you won't get tired of it. Guess what is my ring tone? Fringe theme and i am so proud of it. I love to listen to it. Now it makes me tear a bit because i know that it is over. This is my favourite series ever. I love all the characters but my fav are really Walter, Peter, Olivia, Etta, September, Broyles and Nina.
  • Awesome Show That Deserves A 5th Season!

If you love Fringe and want to see it renewed for a well deserved 5th Season, please read this:

We have created a Facebook Page dedicated exclusively to Fringe being renewed for a 5th Season. We need all Fringies from across The Globe to unite by 'liking' the page so that we can draw some seriously needed attention to this amazing show and ensure that we get HEARD! That We:THE FANS don't want this genius 4th Season to be the shows last! Fringe is a Television Masterpiece in a league of it's own and there won't be another show like it. Unfortunately as you all are probably aware, Fringe has now come to a point where The Fox Network is not satisfied with the shows ratings (in the USA-as they are the ratings that count) and the much dreaded word: >Cancellation
  • Intelligent Show, Superb Characters

This show is smart! The scientific aspect is believable, the characters are excellent. Cleverly written, the show is immediately engaging. A winner!
  • Let's see where it goes...

Let me start off by saying that this review is more of a counter to some of the other reviews.

Fringe is a show created and written by three people that I have mixed feelings for. J.J. I will always love because Lost is my favorite show and so I will give his other projects credit, but J.J. has had almost nothing to do with Lost for a very long time now, and what I like most about the show has come from Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, as well as the other writers currently on the show. As for Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, I'm not such a fan, especially after such box office hits as Transformers and The Island. They are not weak writers, they are just pressured by the higher up people around them, like J.J. and Michael Bay, and often times they don't exactly churn out the most involved or exciting scripts, but Fringe does offer a taste of what they can really do. I'm still not rooting for them, but I'm giving them a chance here.

Anyway, Yes, Fringe does remind me of Lost, but of a more boxed in Lost, tied with the X Files as many have already pointed out. But before I go on let me say that Fringe is not Lost. It has a completely different story line, with different writers and different characters, etc. The similarities, as they have been pointed out are: The Pattern, a mystery that yes, will probably span the length of the show (although the show is on fox so it will either never end or it will get cancelled and have a quick rushed ending), Lance Reddick, who plays Matthew Abbadon in Lost, and Michael Giacchino is the composer for Lost as well as this show. There you go, those are it's similarities.

Now as for what the show itself offers:

An exciting but not entirely compelling storyline.
    We've seen it before, the paranormal storylines, the crazy medical experiments, the bigger picture, etc. These are not outdated or boring techniques but they definitely are expected from this shows writers.

Fortunately, a very good set of casting choices is what saves the show, in my opinion. I'm always excited to see John Noble pop up here and there, whether it be Lord of the Rings or 24, he always gives a top notch performance. Lance Reddick has recently appeared in Lost, which is the only place I've seen him before Fringe. He is talented and compelling and plays his roles well, although he has a stature and a way of speaking that allows mysterious and evil roles to suit him much better. That aside, he provides a good, strong foundation for the team. As for Joshua Jackson, I never watched Dawson's Creek because it wasn't my kind of show, but I do know that he provides a strong onscreen presence that seems to stem from Lance Reddick's role as the foundation, he is the glue that keeps everyone else together in terms of interactions and such, which is ironic because his character claims to want nothing more than to get away. And lastly, Anna Torv, who I have only listened to while playing Heavenly Sword. She's alright. She doesn't exactly stand out among everyone else which is a shame because her character is the main character. As for the characters themselves, they are oftentimes shallow and hard to believe, (especially Olivia, shes almost unneeded) but that's just what I've come to know from Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, although I do have to say these characters are much less shallow and hard to believe than some of their other characters from previous projects.

All in all, Fringe is a good effort that deserves a following at least for a while. Let's hope that J.J. continues to helm the project for longer than he did Lost, and that this show wont become boring and incredibly stale as other followers of Lost have been (cough heroes cough)
  • Let's all chant

Movie... movie... movie...
  • We love Fringe, it has to be one of the most facinating shows we've ever seen.

It was sad that the show was almost cancelled after season 3, thankfully FOX took the reigns. we love this show so much that the characters have become like weekly members of our family.

Thank heavens Peter is back, sad that no one knows or remembers him. will theobserver men in black come after him? we will have to stay rivited to find out.

• A show not for everybody but definitely for me!

What first caught my interest on this show is Pacey err Joshua Jackson i mean. I think he's a great actor and seeing him once again after the last time that i saw him on Skulls, i'd watch anything that he's in. Learning that this is a show about paranormal activities with parallel universe just doubled the fun in watching the show. It has everything that a fan of the "strange" could ask for. Action, drama, humor and some heart-pounding scenes that would leave you wanting for more.

Every story of each episode is so well thought of that after watching it, you would be left wondering about the connections of what happened on the current episode to the previous ones and that is why it is vital to watch all episodes in order to understand this show. My friends and I get together weekly to watch episodes of Fringe and we all have fun talking and analyzing the show after it aired. The best sci-fi show for us!
  • Thank you Fringe!! And Fox.. well change ur mind soon! We need 4 more seasons of fringe! Bring it back!

Oh my god.. what a wonderful 5 seasons it has been.

Just awesome.

Perfect in every way.

The ideas, the acting... all just phenomenal... :)

I`m going to miss it... I just hope i did`nt have to say that...

and i just hope.. they come back for 4 more seasons at least!!

Thanks to the entire cast and crew of Fringe.

The journey itself was an invention:))
  • The world where anything happens

Its a shame we have to say goodbye to such a world.
  • MY FAV SHOW!!!! unlike reatlity TV which SuCkS big time!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • Aaaaah Fringe!

I wish I could give this show an 11 "AMAZINGLY AWESOME" instead of a boring 10 "Perfect"... I am in awe almost every week. It's strange how underrated this show is, but at the same time understandable. To truly love this show you need to have an open mind to these weird, mad sience theories that could ACTUALLY be true... Like... not completely, obviously. But when you dig in to the matter of the show, you find that a lot of the theories explained by Walter Bishop (<3) have parts of actual sience theories at the base of it. (i'm having problems with my English here, freely paraphrasing Dutch. Feel free to ask if I'm making no sense whatsoever). So; If you have an open mind, a big imagination and are a sucker for sience fiction; go ahead and LOVE ON FRINGE!! So happy it's getting a proper send off with a fifth final season. Thank you, F O X ! ! !
  • Sheer Brilliance

This show may be the most unique thing that has been on television in a long while, and its a shame that not many people watch it. Everyone should watch this show of scientific brilliance. It brings new creativity that shocks the viewers mind and allows you to imagine the impossibilities of life.
  • After Lost, Fringe is one of my favorite show ever

Fringe is fantastic sci-fi, inteligent plots, just amazing tv series.
  • This is the best show ever. Up until a few months ago, I didn't even know about the existince of Fringe. I first saw an episode when I was pregnant at home waiting for my child to be born. Since that day I can not miss one episode. I'm really excited for

The end is almost in sight. Fringe gets more exciting week after week. I'm really curious about Sam Weiss and what his purpose really is in the events started. The machine was not only to destroy, but also to create depending on Peter's state of mind. What will happen when he learns that he has a child on the other side, will he choose for the love of a woman or for the love for his child. Personally I always thought that the last episode would end with the death of Peter; in the sense that Walter goes back in time and keeps himselve from taking the peter from the other side. If both peters were left to die, the other side would never come to fall apart and the machine that creates and destroys would never be used, simply because the other side will never be aware of the fact that they are not the only universe. Let's see what the writers have in store for us. I'm still very curious

p.s. But I do think that all of these problems started because of the observer. If he didn't distract Walternate when he was making the cure, Walternate could have seen that he could save Peter.
    So i'ts not only Walter's foult that the universe is falling apart but also the observer's
  • Best paranormal show since XFiles. Great plot twists, great charachter development, it gets on all cylinders. Fringe has a great Sci Fi component, from the believable to the not so believable, but its all done in great fun and excitement.

Best paranormal show since XFiles. Great plot twists, great charachter development, it gets on all cylinders. Fringe has a great Sci Fi component, from the believable to the not so believable, but its all done in great fun and excitement. They keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more, even if its an "out there" episode. They do just enough character development to make you really care and wait for the next week!

I am not a huge sci fi lover, but I definitely love fringe! I love the characters... all of them! Theyve done a great job brining it all together, and this season did a great job answering questions just enough to keep you asking for more!

Wether you like sci fi, romance or drama, youll find a bit of it all!! I cant wait for next season!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10