Fringe

The Bullet That Saved The World

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 26, 2012 on FOX

• No, no, no, no, no, say it ain't so

Etta can't be dead...
  • Awesome episode, bad feeling at the end.

Really?? Guys, really?! WHY??! Poor Olivia... She deserves to be happy for more than 4-5 episodes.
  • "The Bullet That Saved The World"

the best .... for now
  • 5x05 "The Bullet That Saved The World"

WHY?!? THERE WAS NO NEED TO KILL ETTA!!!!! WE JUST WERE GETTING TO KNOW HER!!! OLIVIA DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!!!
  • I predict...

The only way out of this mess is if they somehow find a way to travel back in time and stop the observers from ever invading in the first place. Also, there is no chemistry between Peter and Olivia. Time Travel!
  • Fringe.

I really dont know where to start, Agent Broyles is obviously The Dove & to

be honest there was no need to kill Etta. How could you do such a thing she

had a major part in this war against The Observers. The anti-matter bombs that

Walter developed was a fantastic weapon. How do you come back from this, really

i would love to know. We are supposed to be winning this war not losing & especially people that we love. The only way i can even comprehend that we win the war

against The Observers is Walter open that portal to the alternate universe & call

for reinforcements. Its the only way we can win, i dont read spoilers but being the

last season anything is possible. Peter did say to Walter "There Has Got To Be A Better

Option To Get Us Into That Train Station Than A Portal That Can See Us In Another Universe" or something like that.

Just one last thing, so emotional & powerful was that scene when Etta died, i cried.
  • No they didn't!

I can't believe the ending of this episode. I was not expecting it to turn out this way. The Dove is still up in the air. I don't think it's Philip. My guess is someone from alternate earth. My guess is that alternate earth will have an appearance again. That mirror should be the key.

Man, I'm still in shock about Etta. I was really liking the addition of her to the team then poof! I want to see some sweet sweet vengeance next week or before the end of the series cause Etta didn't deserve that kind of ending.
  • The Dove?

Could it be Nina Sharp? or William Bell?
  • And now we're back to four (plus a dove)

Just when I was starting to like Etta she had to go and vaporize. Anybody else think that the Dove is a certain former Fringe commander?
  • the war against the Observers heats up

You could argue that the Observers and their goons were quite ineffective ... until now. Finally, the writers remembered that teleporting telepaths could be scary, and boy were they !!! The moment Windmark just points his finger, without any word, was just chilling, and the attack just before he grabs Etta were horror-movie stuff.

As for Etta ... well, we haven't known her for long, so it's a bit hard to really feel for her, but you can't say her death lacks impact. Fringe is at its best when it tackles its emotional core, and now it's sure to be there for the remaining of the season. Just look at Peter's eyes in the last shot !!!

Other hight points : - weaponizing old Fringe cases, that was a really clever idea ! Bring more !

- Broyles, awesome as always ! I guess he is the Dove ....... or at least know who is ( my bet's on Nina ) By the way, since when does Olivia call him "Philip" ?

- I really hope Walter"s window is an omen that we're going to the Red universe one last time.

So, until the last minutes, not much happened to push the main arc forward ( which is getting a frustrating trend this season : we still haven't the slightest clue to Walter's plan ) , but it's definitely promising for the rest of the season.
  • mixed feelings

Best episode of the season BY FAR. Skin toxin was a throwback to David Robert Jones/"Ability"; thought that was neat. The Reddick reunion was GREAT!! WHO IS "THE DOVE"??" Etta dying i think was a bit early but she WAS listed as a "guest star" from the beginning. The basement full of props was fantastic. They have 9 episodes to "rid the world of the bald guys" and so far they have killed 0 of them. I think they need September and December's help. I realllly hope to see them again. Can't give it over an 8.5 just because nothing with a death of a child deserves an "A" in my opinion.
  • I love you so much...

And with that line, the world comes tumbling down again. Just shows that you can't catch a break no matter how much they had done for the world, on 2 worlds if you include the otherside. I dunno how the team is going to cope with the loss, but I do hope that bastard Windmark dies in the most horrible way possible.

On a personal note, this episode had been one of the better Fringe episode this season, pack full of emotion (*sob*) and homage to the previous Fringe seasons. With the loss of such a key figure, the only way to cheer me up would be to bring back Lincoln and FOlivia from the otherside to help them kick ass!
  • Amazing episode.

After the awful episode 3 Fringe is back on track again. The music in this episode was amazing as always, the acting splendid with some nice emotional moments and of course big plus for Broyles returning with him being in between the resistance and the observers. Only reason I won't give a 10 is that the overacting of some observers is really really to much and makes them seem less dangerous. But...first episode of Fringe ever that made me cry, although the end was highly predictable, well done.