Fringe

The Last Sam Weiss

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 29, 2011 on FOX

• The Last Sam Weiss

It's hard to talk about "The Last Sam Weiss" without immediately jump to the end. And that end. But let's share: the penultimate episode of "Fringe" is an almost apocalyptic goodbye to the narrative that accompanied us since the beginning of the season. And for the apocalyptic and goodbye, could be much more intense.

The looming in the previous episode takes shape more real and more drastic. The end of our universe is close, very close, with Peter (Joshua Jackson) in a kind of coma, the world is filled with lightning uncontrolled. The only hope is then Olivia (Anna Torv) and her partner the day, the odd Sam Weiss (Kevin Corrigan). The two desperately a sort of key opening a sort of box, which contains a sort of lever. This then allows you to open the machine to your host can handle.

If, on the one hand, this adventure brought some good action scenes, on the other left much to be desired with regard to mythology. In an episode with his name were asked Sam Weiss opened the book even more: ok, it belongs to a lineage of scholars and patrons of this engine of destruction, but why? Who was the first Sam Weiss? Who are the first people anyway? What have they to do with the two universes? Are related to the observers? Questions and more questions that remain in the air and that could have been answered with sense in this context.

Because, basically, what happened was just the accumulation of more questions, including the fact that Olivia lever. Along with this race against time, we also had the right to a confused Peter, exchanged and azamboado. Wakes up and goes home to the Statue of Liberty, for his father the Secretary of Defense. How? Well, supposedly thought was on the other side and was supposedly good, but could not see clearly what happened there and what's the point of confusion.

It is certain that he entered. The machine closed. Excellent scene, with some past images to give the notion of decision, of choice. At this time none of us had no idea what would happen and sure none of us put on the table the option chosen: Peter wakes up 15 years in the future, a world destroyed, chaos and war. Which of the two worlds do not you know. In fact I know you do not say anything. I suspect this will be the guiding principle of next season, or time travel came the "Fringe"! What can be bad, but damn, can be very very good!

The Best: The cliffhanger ending.

Worst: We wanted more Sam Weiss.