Fringe

Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 28, 2012 on FOX

• Coming back

Every once and a while I want to see the end of this episode again. Seeing Walter in a bit of despair and then hope when he sees the flower, the colouring of that stage, the music, it makes me tear up again and again. It was a fantastic opening of a grand season. For that scene alone he should have had a golden globe (or at least a nomination).
  • Set the pace

It felt strange at first because the changes are so drastic. I missed agent Broyles and monster of the week... but It's a good start to what looks like it's going to be a great final season!
  • Great Season Premiere!!

Let me start by saying, when it comes to Fringe I am bias and I have no problem admitting that.

Saying that I gave this episode a 10 out of 10.

Seeing Peter and Olivia reunited again always makes me happy. It has already been established nothing can keep them apart. Not even erasing Peter from existence. Olivia meeting adult Ette for the first time was such a touching moment. How would you feel in a situation like that?? Your mind would be racing...

I love Walter so much. Even though I want Winmark to die for what he did to Walter, it might have been necessary as Walter was becoming the man he didn't want to become due to Etta and Simon Foster replacing the brain matter Bell had removed from Walter's brain.

The writers of this show and the science advisors of this show should also have huge recognition as in my opinion they are awesome and seem to not only make the science believable but the also satisfy with some answers but always leaving you thinking what road the next episode could take. I love trying to guess what would happen next and being surprised every time.

Anyway, I'm babbling too much.

Just watch Fringe and Enjoy it. It's the best.
  • Walter's brain

May I say, without sounding cruel, that I'm actually glad Walter is brain-damaged once more? I mean, one of the concerns I had before this episode is that I couldn't stand the creepy, badass Walter from "Letters of Transit" for 13 episodes. Given what he's capable of, Walter is likable only if he reverts to his usual goofiness. The Walter we know and love is not aware he has no pants !!! ( Hit the "thumbs up" if you agree ! ) So, Windmark, I'd like to thank you for bringing our beloved Walter back ... you have now my permission to die.

Other highlights of the episode :

- Markham ! What a pervert ! That was a nice idea ... Let's hope some people from the past keep popping up in unexpected places.

- The talk between Peter and Olivia : we've known that all along, but man, Joshua Jackson can act !!!

- The opening and closing scenes : nothing less than poetry, and that music was really good.

So, all in all, a good season opener : not exactly mind-blowing, but it serves its purpose : now I want to see more of the adventures of the Bishop family ( and yes, I include "Afro" in that, somehow ) in 2036 !
  • John Noble should win an Emmy

I am at a loss as to why this incredible actor has not won an Emmy for his performance as Walter. The final scene of this premiere was so wonderful that I found myself deeply moved that it will soon be over. John Noble managed to portray pain, sadness, hope and ecstasy by just staring out a car window; what an acting giant! It is such a shame that the show has not been noticed by the awards' world; in me a small flame (dandelion!) hopes, this will be the year it finally receives recognition.
  • not completely sure about all this...

I love Fringe. I really do.

But at the moment I can't really cope with the Etta, Olive, Peter storyline. It just doesn't feel right.

I still hope they will sort it out, since I really wanna know what happened in the past to Olivia and Peter.

I enjoyed the last scene very much, though I don't really know what or if it meant anything.

We'll see. I'm curious to find out.
  • OMG !!! What an Opening to Season 5 !

Just WOW ! Kinda makes everyone wonder now how this brilliant show is on its last season. If they keep up the logical and exciting brilliant trajectory of every episode till its finale hereon, Fringe could possibly end up as one of the greatest SyFy series ever. A week's wait till episode 2 is way too long. Truly amazing episode. The ending with Walter in the car listening to the CD and witnessing new life sprouting was very very touching. Wow again !
  • For the sole purpose of laughing at rcls0053's review

Seriously?
  • Could possibly be the best season yet!

I loved the premiere, fringe is truly one of my favorite shows and I will be so sad to see it go after this season but from the look of this episode they're gonna go out with a bang, a big one!

Already counting the days until the next episode :D
  • No. No and No.

I just can't find the words to describe the pity I feel for this show anymore... I mean... I loved the characters, I loved the goofy X-files theme and all that but where is the plot anymore? There is none. Every season they start all over with just a small piece of original content the show had in the beginning. You know that if they put something like time travel or alternate universes in a show, it always ends up in this weird scenario where everything is possible and when the writers of the show fail to come up with an original idea so they decide to start everything all over. The production, cast and everything was great from the beginning, but the lack of a proper plot which continues over seasons has been completely non-existant and I can't bare to watch this show anymore. I'd be almost crying if I wasn't so angry. Another great series bites the dust in my opinion.
  • 5x01 "Transilience Thougt Unifier Model-11"

Fringe. I love you.
  • Fringe - Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11.

What can i say it's FRINGE

10 / 10 nuff said....
  • a looooot of questions

worth the wait! I think for far was one of the best first episodes of season but I have many doubts and things that do not fit

is too much to ask two chapters followed with Peter and Olivia together being happy without anything bad happen? it kills me! is very confusing everything that happened and how bad things could've been between Peter and Olivia, to Olive to continue without her daughter and Peter to stay for her.... which leads me to think if this is the true daughter of Olivia and Peter, because Olivia says she was 3 years and 5 months when Etta disappeared and Etta she had four years so it's rare!! I think when the invasion happened Etta died and Peter went looking for his other version, like what happened to him as a kid......but I don't know can't wait for the next episode!