Frisky Dingo Forums

Adult Swim (ended 0000)

Official Discussion for the episode "Thrust Issues"

carpexnoctem

[1]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 31
    Your job is to direct all discussion concerning the episode, "Thrust Issues" to here.
    Edited on 01/21/2007 8:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Blazephlozard

[2]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 18
    Wow...everyone's presumably dead. Boosh!

jimmy_the_pipe

[3]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 35

I don't think they are.. I'm pretty sure they said early on that the rocket-weapon-thing wasn't working, because it needed gas or more money or something. (That's why he was doing the postcards... ....question?)

Edit: Okay, back in episode 1 they're still building it, and I don't think it's done by the season finale. With the scaffolding and all that..

Anyway, why was KillFace so upset about the machine being booted up? He did build it to kill everyone, right?

Edited on 01/23/2007 7:25am

SoylentYellow

[4]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 21
    jimmy_the_pipe wrote:

I don't think they are.. I'm pretty sure they said early on that the rocket-weapon-thing wasn't working, because it needed gas or more money or something. (That's why he was doing the postcards... ....question?)

Edit: Okay, back in episode 1 they're still building it, and I don't think it's done by the season finale. With the scaffolding and all that..

Anyway, why was KillFace so upset about the machine being booted up? He did build it to kill everyone, right?

KillFace was upset because he wasnt supposed to be on Earth when the rocket fired.   Presumably since there will be a 2nd Season, he will shut the Annihilatrix down.  Or perhaps it will be just enough to send the Earth into a slow death spiral into the Sun - sort of like that movie "The Day The Earth Caught Fire".

jimmy_the_pipe

[5]Jan 30, 2007

SoylentYellow wrote:
    KillFace was upset because he wasnt supposed to be on Earth when the rocket fired.
    -That would make sense, and I'm surprised I didn't think of that. ... but I don't think Killface ever mentioned not being on Earth when it was sent into the sun. He's never made note of the financial problems involved (ie building and fueling a Spaceship), or said anything about where they'd go (ie Mars). I guess I always asumed he wanted to kill everyone on Earth (including himself and his family; which really doesn't make sense considering how he's trying to raise Simon properly).

-They usually do that cliff-hanger stuff at the end of Season 1 of a cartoon; like in Clone High, Robot Chicken (on seasons 1 & 2), Metalocalypse, sort-of in Futurama, Undergrads, I think Harvey Birdman, probably Daria, Beast Wars, they had one in South Park, Spider-Man Unlimited... it just makes the audience say 'Hey; wha happened?', and then the people funding the shows decide whether or not to continue.

SoylentYellow

[6]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 21
    jimmy_the_pipe wrote:

SoylentYellow wrote:
    KillFace was upset because he wasnt supposed to be on Earth when the rocket fired.
    -That would make sense, and I'm surprised I didn't think of that. ... but I don't think Killface ever mentioned not being on Earth when it was sent into the sun. He's never made note of the financial problems involved (ie building and fueling a Spaceship), or said anything about where they'd go (ie Mars). I guess I always asumed he wanted to kill everyone on Earth (including himself and his family; which really doesn't make sense considering how he's trying to raise Simon properly).

-They usually do that cliff-hanger stuff at the end of Season 1 of a cartoon; like in Clone High, Robot Chicken (on seasons 1 & 2), Metalocalypse, sort-of in Futurama, Undergrads, I think Harvey Birdman, probably Daria, Beast Wars, they had one in South Park, Spider-Man Unlimited... it just makes the audience say 'Hey; wha happened?', and then the people funding the shows decide whether or not to continue.

I thought I heard Killface say that at the end of the last episode.  Id have to watch it again.   

jimmy_the_pipe

[7]Feb 6, 2007

Part i - http://www.youtube.com/v/lAYZSKYtBeI
    & Part ii - http://www.youtube.com/v/NJRo_g17aYQ

I could be wrong; I just got the joke about Zenn being a mother-figure yesterday, but I've seen the episode lots. lol, maybe he didn't even think about it.

Char1es

[8]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    jimmy_the_pipe wrote:
    He's never made note of the financial problems involved (ie building and fueling a Spaceship), or said anything about where they'd go (ie Mars)

we might not know where he planned on going, but we all know where he wont be going.........

back to Arizona!

drewshack

[9]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 47
    Valerie's gonna be so pissed off if she didn't get to kill KillFace,

jimmy_the_pipe

[10]Feb 11, 2007

Char1es wrote:
    we might not know where he planned on going, but we all know where he wont be going.........

back to Arizona!

Yea; where do they live anyway? Near Hollywood?

jmizzle505

[11]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 23
    Hooper is Sinn! Has anyone else figured this out yet? I just did the other day when watching the last three episodes of season 1 in a row.