A From Dusk Till Dawn Community
Tuesday 9:00 PM on El Rey Network

ATTENTION REPLACEMENT SHOWRUNNERS, GET READY

... What's the next Breaking Bad, Rubicon, or Talking Bad? Well it could be either the dark and stabby Knifeman, or the post-apocalyptic Galyntine, as AMC has ordered pilots for both. Knifeman is set in 18th-century London and sounds so disturbing that I don't even know how to describe it. And that's a good thing. What I do know is that it will follow a man named John Tattersal (based on the real-life figure John Hunter) as he pioneers the science of surgery by robbing graves, harvesting organs, and partying hard. Tim Roth had initially been attached to star in the project, but I don't know if he still is (AMC made no mention of him in the press release). The description of Galyntine doesn't really set it apart from other post-apocalyptic dramas, with technology a non-factor and society evolving in different ways. But hey! The after-apocalypse is hot! Catching Fire, dude. I've already seen it 37 times. Both pilots are part of AMC's 2015 development season; the network has two new series—computer pioneer-drama Halt and Catch Fire and Revolutionary War spy drama Turn—debuting in 2014. [AMC via press release]  

BUSINESS TIME

... What's up doc? BBC America's ratings, that's what! (It took me 48 minutes to think of that intro.) The network's Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor," set BBC America records with 2.4 million viewers for its Saturday-afternoon telecast, and was part of a world-record-setting global simulcast as it was aired in 94 countries. (Kaitlin reviewed it here, btw.) BBC America also used the Doctor Who special to launch its new import Atlantis, but that show doesn't have any Time Lords in it, so I'm not sure we're that interested. Anyway, the drama about undersea adventures was BBC America's highest-rated Supernatural Saturdays series premiere, drawing over 838,000 viewers. [BBC America via press release]

... Hey JT_Kirk, I got those premiere dates you asked for: Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy both return January 15 at 8pm. You're welcome! [ABC Family via press release]  

... E! has renewed its WWE-babe reality series Total Divas for a second season. The series follows the oft-surgery-enhanced ladies of wrestling in and out of the ring. I'd like to give them a Piledriver and an elbow to the face, if you know what I mean. E! has also ordered second seasons of talk show Hello Ross and "docuseries" (i.e. garbage) Eric & Jesse: Game On. That second show stars wannabe popstar Jessie James and her fiancee... WAIT A SEC! Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker? Consider your ass dropped from my fantasy team, Deck. [Variety] 

... Hey did you know you can watch HBO's two new comedies Getting On and Ja'mie: Private School Girl for free without holding up your wealthy cable-affording neighbor at gunpoint? Well not totally free, I mean you'll need a computer. And internet access. And you'll need some spare time. And a functioning brain. And the required motor skills to click things. And maybe a tuxedo (black-tie required). [YouTube (Ja'mie: Private School Girl) / YouTube (Getting On)]

CASTING NEWS

... Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) has joined the cast of From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, the new supernatural drama from Robert Rodriguez that will be the upcoming El Rey Network's first scripted program. The series is based on Rodriguez's bloody film about bank robbers who run into a bunch of vampires in a border town, and also stars Robert Patrick and Don Johnson. The press release didn't mention who Valderrama will play, so please don't ask. [El Rey Network via press release]

... Eldest Cosby daughter Lisa Bonet will guest-star on Sundance's upcoming drama The Red Road. The series follows a cop caught between the residents of a small town and a group of Native Americans. Bonet will play a lawyer for the Native Americans in multiple episodes. [Sundance via press release]

... America's sweetheart Amy Brenneman (Private Practice) will appear on The CW's madcap period piece Reign, playing Marie de Guise, mother of Mary of Scots. Right now she's booked for one episode. [TV Line]

... America's other sweetheart, Katie Couric, is leaving ABC News for... Yahoo!? Couric will take on the no-pressure title of "Global Anchor," meaning if she doesn't do her job well the entire planet will go spinning off into the ether of the universe. This is big get for Yahoo! and an idiotic move for Couric. I give it three months. [All Things D]

... Martin Sheen (Apocalypse Now, only the best movie ever made after Deuce Bigalow: American Gigolo) will star in the BBC/Animal Planet movie The Whale. The made-for-cable-TV flick will premiere in December on BBC1 and in summer 2014 on Animal Planet, so either this has already been filmed or it will be total crap. The story is said to be the inspiration for Moby Dick. [Deadline Hollywood]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2014

Season 1 : Episode 10

21 Comments
Follow this Show
Members