A From Dusk Till Dawn Community
Tuesday 9:00 PM on El Rey Network

WE HAVE ENTERED THE VOID NEWS

... Bravo, which is getting stupider and stupider with each passing second, has ordered the reality television series The People's Couch. What makes this series particularly stupid? It's about people watching television. The People's Couch is based on the British format Gogglebox. Don't miss the after show hosted by Chris Hardwick Talking The People's Couch, in which we watch people watching The People's Couch. Season 1 will run for 12 episodes and debut on March. [Variety]

BUSINESS TIME

... Homeland mercifully wrapped up its sketchy third season last night (read Cory's review here; read my review here: pretty good!) not just with the reveal that Season 3's Dana storyline was entirely pointless, but also with record ratings! 2.4 million viewers tuned in to watch Carrie be sad, the most ever for Showtime's top series. Masters of Sex drew 1.2 million in its first-season finale. [EW]

... It was much worse news for Survivor, which hit an all-time low for a season finale on Sunday. The 10.2 million who tuned in were only old enough for a 2.5 in the adult demo, down from a 2.7 in the spring. [The Wrap]

... That From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, the first original series from the yet-to-be-launched El Rey network, has added a Friday Night Lights actress to its cast. Adrianne Palicki, who played Tyra in the football drama, has joined the adaptation of the Robert Rodriguez vampire flick. From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series doesn't have a premiere date yet, nor will it ever fix that annoying "Till" in the title to "'til" as it should be. [EW]

... truTV has added more episodes to Hardcore Pawn's upcoming eighth season. But the press release doesn't say how many episodes or why, so I will just assume that this was always in the plans and that truTV faked the news to bring more attention to the fact that Hardcore Pawn returns for Season 8 tomorrow, December 17. Haha Hardcore Pawn, you can't trick me into telling TV.com readers that Hardcore Pawn's eighth season starts tomorrow on truTV at 9pm! Nice try. [truTV via press trickery]

... Mythbusters is doing a Star Wars-themed episode for its eleventh anniversary on January 4. Among the myths to be busted: how Luke could swing across a gap with Leia in his arms, whether Han stuffing Luke into the belly of a TaunTaun could really work, and what George Lucas was smoking when he thought up Episodes 1-3. [Discovery via press release]

... You've probably been wondering how Community will handle the departure of Donald Glover. Glover's Troy Barnes will only appear in five of 13 episodes in Season 5 (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) but people on the show assure us that it's for a good reason. Apparently Troy will receive a "tantalizing offer" early in the season which will force him to ponder who he is and what's right for him. Maybe he will go super meta and leave Greendale to become a rapper who Instagrams his feelings? [TV Line]

... The Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul will be streaming on Netflix in Europe and Latin America shortly after it airs on AMC in the U.S. There, now all you foreigners can't complain about us ignoring you. USA! USA! USA! [THR]

... NBC's midseason drama Believe is already in a bit of trouble. The series, from producers Alfonso Cuarón and J.J. Abrams, has already lost its showrunner. Dave Erickson is leaving, and will be replaced by director Jonas Pate. The transition will be accompanied by a readjusted production break, with everyone going home for the holidays a week earlier than expected. Five episodes have already been produced, so expect a bit of a tonal shift in the sixth. That's too bad; this is one I was looking forward to. [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Actress Linda Cardellini, who you know as Lindsay Weir from Freaks and Geeks, Samantha Taggart on ER, Sylvia Rosen on Mad Men, and Pretty Lady #1 from my daydream fantasies in 1999, will guest-star on Fox's New Girl as sis to the adorkable Jess (Zooey Deschanel) in a nice bit of casting. She'll play Abby, the wilder of the two Day siblings, in multiple episodes beginning sometime in February. Which of the roommates is totally going to bang her? [THR]

... Rosie Perez (Do the Right Thing) will star in the American adaptation of the BBC series Bad Education. ABC's version is called An American Education and will star Bad Education's Jack Whitehall as a teacher who works in the San Diego school system and practices all sorts of unorthodox teaching methods. Perez will play the school's hardass vice principal. [Deadline Hollywood

... Gossip Girl's Kevin Zegers is joining Fox's upcoming Broadchurch remake, Gracepoint. He'll play the role of a young reporter named Owen Burke. [TV Line]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/1/2016

Season 3 : Episode 10

74 Comments
Comments (64)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The Bravo series greatly supports the anti-reality TV rant by Unreal TV under http://classictvdvdreviews.blogspot.com/2013/03/reality-stinks.html
Flag
It seems Survivor may have reached it's peak. I expect only a single season next year. But it could still last for many years as a winter/spring show.
Flag
Yay! Linda Cardellini on New Girl!
Flag
If I'm going to watch people watching TV (or movies), I want the Mystery Science Theater 3000 (now, RiffTrax and Cinematic Titanic) crew to be the stars. I'm just sayin'.
Flag
The People's Couch may sound stupid but I would love to watch just to see what is it all about. I think a lot of it would depends on what they are watching. After GOT red wedding episodes, a lot of people actually posted videos on you tube about the reactions of their friends watching with them especially those who had read the books and know what is coming. These videos were a hit on you tube. I am always curious to see a different kind of TV shows.

When reality shows first came out,many people were calling it stupid too.

Changing show runners may sometimes be good just like TWD.
Flag
I'm really curious about Better call Saul! – sadly, we don't have Netflix everywhere in Europe :-P I hope our respective Netflix-surrogate picks it up, like they already did with the last season of Breaking Bad... So, there's hope.
Flag
At this point, I don't think anybody is watching Bravo, I think they've hired a handful of Nielsen households to simply flip the channel on when nobody's at home so they can pad their numbers to advertisers, then they just air whatever is cheapest and gets headlines.

Mark Hamill actually did swing across the gap with Carrie Fisher in his arms. They shot it using a harness but they didn't know until they landed that the harness had failed.

You forgot knowing Linda Cardellini as Velma in the live-action Scooby Doo movies. Fun fact: I've never seen the Scooby Doo movies, but she did play the voice of the same character for Robot Chicken when she uttered such lines as "my pee-hole!"
Flag
On behalf of Great Britain I'd like to apologise for the unleashing of Gogglebox upon the world; it's not our finest moment. I would also like to take this opportunity to mention My Super Sweet 16, Toddlers in Tiaras and Honey Boo-Boo... We all have a cross to bear.

I just can't see The US remake of Bad Education being any good, but I hope I'm wrong. Why have they changed the name though?
Flag
Hope they don't (and I'm sure they will) F up "Bad Education".
Flag
Give The peoples couch a chance. Gogglebox is a lot better than you may think. Very very funny
Flag
Of the mid-season television dramas that heavily feature science-fiction/ fantasy elements, I'm much more looking forward to ABC's Resurrection over NBC's Believe, so I guess it's loss in show runner and longer production break is good, maybe?
Flag
Actually i was more looking forward to Believe. Mainly because i watch Les Revenants (The Returned), which Resurrection is based off of. The Returned is amazing. But recently i've read that Resurrection, was somewhat different. So watching it, won't be like watching a cheap copy. Funny, A&E has an American version of The Returned in production. I'll probably pass on that one.
Flag
Jess from New Girl has a sister? Has she ever been mentioned in the shows' two and a half seasons???
Flag
Your review of Homeland's season finale was 'pretty good!' @TimSpot? Well, that's the nicest thing you've said about the show all season.
Flag
Gogglebox is really good, seen a couple of episodes of People Couch and it's a crappy, botoxed version, but the original is great even if the idea sounds stupid on paper.

Gogglebox has people of all ages genuinely watching TV, which makes it interesting, People Couch has a bunch of wannabes who are hoping to become famous.

Bad education is excellent, hope that doesn't become some stupid, botoxed, bastardised version also.
Flag
The People's Couch is the stupidest idea ever.
Flag
I'm actually looking forward to the Star Wars themed Mythbusters episode. They mystery of WHY Lucas did what he did in Episodes 1-3 simply MUST be solved. Now if only Mythbusters could tell us how producers come up with their terrible ideas for reality television.

A show about watching tv. It sounds as enthralling as watching low VOC paint drying. Boring as heck, and no enjoyment to be gained.
Flag
It sounds like you really enjoy a lot of things.
Flag
yay! New Girl news! and yes, that is good casting. :)
Flag
"There, now all you foreigners can't complain about us ignoring you."???
I do not think that was the problem. You had no idea where other countries were ;-)
Flag
SW Ep. III was great and I'll stand by that.

I know we saw Troy & Abed more apart in Season 4 so guess that'll set it all up so things aren't so harsh but I'm just curious about Abed alone and that progressing. But Abed alone probably works better than Troy alone.
Flag
***HOMELAND SPOILER***I think Brody blowing himself up would have been way better than how that all turned out. the only purpose served was that he got to die somewhat redeemed which is just a bit passe IMO.
Flag
Interesting point, but how would you have written it? For example, would he have blown himself up to kill that Iranian? Or did you have something else in mind?
Flag
Killed the VP and the others in the bunker when Dana and Carrie intervened instead.
Flag
I'm just guessing, but it sounds like he's referring to the end of season 2. If so, I disagree. Brody was slowly getting better through season 2, and if he had suicide bombed the CIA at the end, that would have been a terrible plot twist.
Flag
Maybe Troy will finally join the air conditioning repairman school.
Flag
That was my first thought too!

Then my second thought was: maybe his short-lived life exploration won't work out so well and he will come back.

(C'mon, this describes LOTS of twenty-two year olds.)
Flag
I've only seen Jack Whitehall on British panel quiz shows and chat shows, and he's hilarious. But I've never seen him act. I look forward to checking out his new show. I can totally see him being stared down by Rosie Perez.
Flag
Mostly slow boring news, but I have to say this, the problem was not that Lucas thought up eps 1-3, it was that he thought he should be the one directing them.
Flag
They should stop making stupid shows that no ones going to watch and give the money to charity or something that will actually be helpful...idiots
Flag
part of me always wanted Emily Deschanel to play jess' sis. oh well.

im confused about the People's Couch. is it scripted or are they watching "live" tv? cuz one senerio is a lot stupider than the other
Flag
Maybe they will realize after 10 minutes they are watching themselves.
Flag

Also, Linda, you are so much better than that.
Flag
Certainly at this point we should be able to dissolve Bravo, sell off what we can and develop some type of scholarship fund for people who would likely be on one of their shows.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members