A From Dusk Till Dawn Community
Tuesday 9:00 PM on El Rey Network

I have a confession to make and it's really going to ruin my street cred, but it's eating away at me and I need to get it off my chest. I've never seen the original From Dusk Till Dawn movie. I know, I should go sit in the corner and think about all the shame I've brought to my family for this ignorance, and I'll do that in just a second, but first: Let's chat about about the official trailer for the upcoming TV adaptation, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series.

As someone who has never seen the original Quentin Tarantino film, I think this new series—which premieres March 11 at 9pm on the El Rey Network—looks pretty cool. I don't know the story or the characters (so there's absolutely zero risk of me being let down by unrealized expectations), but here's what I do know: The series is also from Robert Rodriquez, who directed the film, and it's airing on the network that Rodriquez created in 2013. It stars Wilmer Valderrama and some good-looking dudes I don't recognize, and it features both guns and vampires. 

If anything, I'm actually surprised by how much I'm intrigued by this project, considering it's yet another series about the fanged ones, which have pretty much reached a pop culture saturation point. Witches are taking over TV and vampires aren't showing any signs of slowing, but I am drawn to these shows—we all have crosses we must bear—so I'll probably check it out... once I figure out if I even have the El Rey Network (right now, it's available on Comcast, Time Warner, and DirecTV). But for the record: No power on Earth is going to get me to watch Dracula. That's just something I refuse to do.

Will you watch From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series? Does it feel and look similar to the film? On a scale from 1 to 10, how burnt-out are you on vampires?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2014

Season 1 : Episode 10

40 Comments
Follow this Show
Members