Frosty Returns

CBS (ended 1992)

Frosty Returns Fan Reviews (3)

5.8
  • Garbage made with yellow snow...

John Goodman cannot sing. Not on pitch and not on key. Not that they gave him a song you would ever, ever want to hear again anyway.

So, environmentalism is what Frosty is all about now? I would have called it horribly preachy except that it was too confused to manage being preachy.

Lee Melendez should be ashamed. I hoped for something akin to the best of the Peanuts specials from him, instead I got this garbage. And CHARLES?!? Charles is a character who happens to be drawn exactly in the style of a Peanuts character and voiced by a Peanuts voice actor. It would have been bad enough if they had ripped off the animation style of the Peanuts series but instead that was only one of a dozen different styles they ripped off, often all in the same scene. Watch the scale of Frosty to the girl he hangs around with. Apparently Frosty's hight fluctuates a lot due to his composition.

Oh, I see. Frosty can take off his hat now? And still be animated even when he doesn't even have that hat! Come on! This isn't Star Trek, they don't have a canon of a thousand different stories to keep straight here, Frosty is animated by the hat and he says "Happy Birthday" every time he reboots. That's it!!!! And you can't even do that?

Lumps of coal for all participants in this travesty. I can only hope this one goes in the vault and never comes back out.