Frosty the Snowman

CBS Premiered Dec 07, 1969 Special

Frosty the Snowman Fan Reviews (4)

• Before there was the T-1000 Terminator in T2 there was Frosty the Snowman.

The T-1000 could melt and then return to human-like form and so could Frosty. I wonder if Cameron stole that idea from this special? Which begs the question - what if Frosty fell into a river or lake? Would be able to reconstitute himself after being mixed with regular water? Maybe they could have a sequel. Frosty the Terminator: Agent of Skynet. Maybe he was really a T-1000 on a secret mission to study humans?

Of course with Frosty he has no skeletal structure or muscle - how did he move around? Not to mention talk and carry on conversations. No matter how you rearrange water molecules theres no way this talking, moving snowman concept is anyway remotely realistic. I know some will say the CPU was located inside the socalled magic hat, but Im not buying that - everyone knows magicians hats are fake. Unless he really was a T-1000 Terminator!! ;)

The best Christmas specials were the Beavis and Butthead Christmas Special and the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Christmas Special featuring the Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future.
  • A true holiday classic.

As my summary says, Frosty the Snowman is a true holiday classic. It's about a snowman who comes to life when a magician's magic hat gets blown away, and the magician wants his hat back, and Frosty the Snowman must be on his way to the North Pole and avoid the magician at all costs. Even as a kid, I loved this Christmas special. The voice acting was just excellent, and the art was done greatly. I especially loved Jackie Vernon, he did the voice of Frosty greatly! I highly recommend this special to people of all ages. This is one of the best Christmas specials since Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
  • Frosty's real name is oat meal.

In 1969, a cartoon special called "Frosty the Snowman" hit televison. It come from Rankin/Brass, the same people responisble for Rudaph the Red Nose Reindeer." this special isn't as good as the 1964 classic, but there are some good moments. Take the villain of the show, Professor Hinkles, who is the wrostt magican in the world. Where did he get the term Professor? Did he get his degree from a box of corn flakes? It's a pretty messy situation when the ht eascae and it brought Frosty to life. the only complaint I had is that the character are dumb down. The people who mad ethe cartoon forgot to give them smarts.
  • When a magicians hat falls on top of the head of Frosty, the snowman the children made, the magic of the hat brought the Frosty to life...

This is a holiday classic. Sure the words don't match the lips at times but its a great television special. After Frosty comes to life, they rome the streets and everyone sees Frosy with the children. But soon it gets hot so the little girl (sorry but I forget her name) wants to get Frosty to the North Pole. I watch this every Christmas and it never gets old. Rakin/Bass makes the best Christmas specials and they know how to make the Christas spirit come alieve! So, "He was made of snow but the children know how he came to life one day!"