Fruits Basket Forums

(ended 2001)

2nd season

kool-raven

[1]Jun 15, 2006
    • level: 2
    who thinks there will be a second season? i do because there are two more zodiac animals: the horse and the cock(roster).plus so many people are demanding it. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Katarinna

[2]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 27
    THERE ISN'T A SECOND SEASON.. IF THERE WERE.. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT BY NOW.. SO STOP IT.. THESE THREADS ARE POINTLESS.. THERE IS NO NEW SEASONS.. NO NEW MOVIES.. JUST THE MANGA AND THE CARD GAME.. THATS IT..

mangafreak15

[3]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 19
    But we can certainly dream of their being a second season, even if it'll never be (*sob, sob*). The manga is soooo much better, though. I mean, you woulda thought they would have at least introduced all of the zodiac animals. *sighs*

tainted256

[4]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 18
    mangafreak15 wrote:
    But we can certainly dream of their being a second season, even if it'll never be (*sob, sob*). The manga is soooo much better, though. I mean, you woulda thought they would have at least introduced all of the zodiac animals. *sighs*
    If they (the producers) never publically announced that the FB anime has ended, then that means there's at least somewhat of a chance that it may continue. Like Inuyasha. The "last" episode (ep. 167) was a cliffhanger. The last episode of Fruits Basket didn't seem like an end either.

Katarinna

[5]Jun 27, 2006
    well its over.. dream all you want.. its not going to happen.. the faster you all get it through your heads.. the better off you will be.. buy the manga.. its better..

Angus_Mac

[6]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 71
    There probably won't be a second season, but if you enjoy the Fruits Basket style and English voice acting, I'd recommend Kodocha since it has many of the same voice actors (Tohru, Kyo, Shigure) and is directed by the same guy who did Fruits Basket.

Katarinna

[7]Jul 1, 2006
    Justin Cook did the directing..

FruitsBasket101

[8]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 4
    I wish there was a second season but there's not!!!

sam5478

[9]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 6
    *sigh* if only there was a second season . . .

Angus_Mac

[10]Jul 9, 2006
    Laura Bailey was asked twice at her panel at Anime Expo 2006 about whether there would be a second season of Fruits Basket, and she confirmed there won't be a second season unless they hear otherwise (i.e. someone in Japan makes more Fruits Basket episodes).

Tasukis_girl

[11]Jul 9, 2006
    I know for a fact that the Japanese producers are CONCIDERING a 2nd season

Katarinna

[12]Jul 10, 2006
    No they arent... Look its been what a few years.. since the anime has been over.. they wont wait that long to make a second season.. its pointless and dumb.. i just as much as everyone else wants a second season.. but face it.. its not happing.. so give up trying to convice yourself and everyone that there is or will ever be when there isn't and not going to be.. the fast you see and accept it.. the better off you will be instead of hanging on to false hope.. and buy the manga its way better anyway

fairy_flossy

[13]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    If Fruits Basket was a waaay popular anime I think there would have been 2nd season...

yeh I guess I agree they should have 2nd season but I'll doubt they'll ever will which is kinda disapointing..

Katarinna

[14]Jul 11, 2006
    yeah.. well Look at Pokemon... its dying over in Japan.. so there is just a few seasons left..

kyu_six19

[15]Aug 9, 2006

yes they have considered making a second season, but have a couple of issues:
    -getting the original cast back; in the 1st season, they casted in some already retired actors/actress. they're not sure if they'd be willing to get out of their retirement for a little bit to just do another season
    -the manga-ka; she dislikes the guy who directed the 1st and would like someone else to do it. but..the producers and crew, as it seems, like the director and wouldn't want to replace him

=/ yea....

itd be awesome if there could be a new season..but, to me, seems little chance that there will. hmm, unless, maybe, a different company is willing to make one and cast in a whole new different batch. for me, the anime wasn't really all that great. the manga, though, = AWESOME =) though i have to say, someone did show me an animation pic of machi, who (i think) wasn't featured in the 1st season. or was she? don't really know. ... lol. so maybe. maybe there will be.

Katarinna

[16]Aug 10, 2006
    umm NO they aren't. If the manga writer DIDNT like the guy she wouldn't have LET him make the anime. Think about it people. They just CANT make an anime from a manga WITHOUT the witters ok. So deal with that. Secondly the VA's are retired. they are doing other shows. So Stop trying to convice others that there is gonna be a 2nd season when there AINT gonna be one. grr is annoying.
    Edited on 08/25/2006 9:48am

Angus_Mac

[17]Aug 14, 2006
    Katarinna wrote:
    Justin Cook did the directing..

Actually, I was thinking of Akitaroh Daichi I didn't know he and Ms. Takaya had irreconcilable disagreements over the direction of the series? At least he got to spin his view on the DVD's and it was generally positive.

Angus_Mac

[18]Aug 14, 2006
    Katarinna wrote:
    They just CAN'T make an anime from a manga WITHOUT the writer's OK

That depends on how Japanese licensing rights are set up. If it's like the US, there's the possiblity of giving up rights to your characters, and then you have dreck like the later episodes of Ren and Stimpy.

ArcticNinja21

[19]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    It would be cool if FB did come out with a 2nd season. I really like this show... hate the way it ended though.

SakuratheDancer

[20]Sep 8, 2006
    • level: 13
    Its fun to dream of a second season. But its not gonna happen its been way to long. Several peaple are trying to get them to make another season. But its over. Just read the manga. Thats almost over too. But at least you get to see how it ends.