Full House Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

Anyone Find Vicky Selfish?

LuckyJJDreamer

[1]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 2
    I thought she was. All she cared about was her career & I don't think she ever intended to marry Danny. He was always saying I have to go pick up Vicky & she always left again. What's more important a family or a career? To her it was her career & I think that was selfish.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dtf955

[2]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 11

Well, she did keep coming, but yes, I really thing she was married to her job. It's sad more than anything, to me. She probably grew up wanting to be a reporter and getting such a big thrill out of being on the scene for news and such. But, she missed out on being ble to contribute something more than just telling people what happened. I think it's a decision she'll regret later in life, though maybe not for many years.

By contrast, Becky - when they were about to elope - said she might want the same things Vicki did, a larger market like New York, or something like that. She wasn't sure. But, she realized she could be a part of something really special and put down roots there in San Francisco.

So often, we go through life thinking only of what we want. But, nobody ever dies saying, "I wish I'd spent more time at work." Well, I guess some might, but people are always in their latter years saying, I wish I'd spent more time with family."

It makes me glad I've always put so much effort into the various volunteer thigns I have, which gain me eternal rewrds. A post like this helps me think about retiring for sure from this, which I will in a bit, as my Masters degree draws near, and I've got ideas...well, I'm glad to have helped people think and such here, but  this isn't forever. It's not what you get out of life, but what you put back into it.

Horselover1

[3]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 18
    dtf955 wrote:

Well, she did keep coming, but yes, I really thing she was married to her job. It's sad more than anything, to me. She probably grew up wanting to be a reporter and getting such a big thrill out of being on the scene for news and such. But, she missed out on being ble to contribute something more than just telling people what happened. I think it's a decision she'll regret later in life, though maybe not for many years.

By contrast, Becky - when they were about to elope - said she might want the same things Vicki did, a larger market like New York, or something like that. She wasn't sure. But, she realized she could be a part of something really special and put down roots there in San Francisco.

So often, we go through life thinking only of what we want. But, nobody ever dies saying, "I wish I'd spent more time at work." Well, I guess some might, but people are always in their latter years saying, I wish I'd spent more time with family."

It makes me glad I've always put so much effort into the various volunteer thigns I have, which gain me eternal rewrds. A post like this helps me think about retiring for sure from this, which I will in a bit, as my Masters degree draws near, and I've got ideas...well, I'm glad to have helped people think and such here, but  this isn't forever. It's not what you get out of life, but what you put back into it.

Very good points. God bless.

Tippa-

[4]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    Yep, how dumb... She took a frikkin job over her coming husband, and even in NY!! what a bumb....