Full House Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

d.j.

GabeRuth2

[1]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 7

in crushed and lovers and other tanners D.J.  says shes never been in love before!That'a not true because she has been in love with boys in earlier episodes from earlier seasons!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dtf955

[2]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 11

I don't get this one. A crush isn't love. D.J. says that herself in "Crushed" - "What you have isn't love, it's a crush." Or something like that. And, thtas what she felt with those boys she liked in earlier seasons. In fact, I think that was the whole point of "Crushed," that it's *not* love just because you look at a someone and get all gaga over them. It's just that they didn't hit us over the head with it like, say, the moral in many "Star Trek" episodes :-)

Now, "Lovers and Other Tanners," you might have a point. D.J. points out a type of love - Becky with the twins - and wonders what it's like to love someone like that. Does she still think a crush equals love? It almost seems like it. Steve definitely shows that he loves D.J. in a slightly deeper way than a crush, becuase he says he cares too much about her to come between her and her dad, and agrees that he can't see her again.

However, we don't see D.J. doing something similar. Love is about putting the other first. So, you probably have a piont about that episode. We don't see that it's much more than a bigger crush than she had before. OTOH, she also was less wiling to say "I love you," so maybe she was just guessing?

Listen to me, now I'm sounding like Danny again :-) What she felt *was* deeper than she'd ever felt before. Was it love? Your guess is as good as mine. However, with Steve two years older, it's easy to see why it was possible for him to have a more mature definition than D.J.'s - although D.J.'s was certainly a very legitimate feeling.

GabeRuth2

[3]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    you're probably right about D.J. just having crushes on boys and not being in love with them!I meant to put some thing like that earlier but forgot sorry!

Horselover1

[4]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    I agree, the other boys DJ liked just seemed like crushes or that she just "really, really liked" them, but it wasn't love.

Tippa-

[5]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    good point.