Full House Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

Incontinence Olson

newjackswing

[1]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 4

Yeah this was most weridest thing I've heard about this show, but the video don't lie.Theres a video out on YouTube that supposly showed that one of the Olson was wearing a diaper during "Silence is not Golden",  Season 6. Now the people there said the one of the Olson was having "potty" issues but nothing I've found online "for whatever that's worth" really proves anything. any idea?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drewchic

[2]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 9
    newjackswing wrote:

Yeah this was most weridest thing I've heard about this show, but the video don't lie.Theres a video out on YouTube that supposly showed that one of the Olson was wearing a diaper during "Silence is not Golden",  Season 6. Now the people there said the one of the Olson was having "potty" issues but nothing I've found online "for whatever that's worth" really proves anything. any idea?
    WTF??? That's effed up man! Why would she wear a diaper during filming,huh? That's BS! Pure BS! But I'm going to search YouTube for that clip right now.

newjackswing

[3]Mar 4, 2007
    Well they say that one of them we're having bathroom issues (could have been the long hours) but this could a issue of reading too much in too something or a terrible oversight of the director.

GabeRuth2

[4]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    I saw that clip!It's hard to tell whether she is or not!

chanelissweet

[5]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 29
    why do you care

usarmysprincess

[6]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 5
    not like it matters anyways but for what its worth its hard to tell and if that is the case its probably due to the long working hours..

newjackswing

[7]Mar 5, 2007
    See this can be a case of either/or 2 things:

1.Wheater they found out something new that none else knew though  proof of video.
     2.They only found a rare mistake in the editing (cause thats schouldn't have not saw TWICE unedited)

either way, since nobody really knew of this, this now goes to public opinion

Drewchic

[8]Mar 6, 2007
    GabeRuth2 wrote:
    I saw that clip!It's hard to tell whether she is or not!
    Can someone please give me a link? I can't seem to find it on YouTube!

newjackswing

[9]Mar 7, 2007
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9mJkXQvFSqM

here ya go, wasn't sure about TV.com policy about this so I guess I'll find out the hard way.

Drewchic

[10]Mar 7, 2007
    newjackswing wrote:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9mJkXQvFSqM

here ya go, wasn't sure about TV.com policy about this so I guess I'll find out the hard way.
    Thanks! Yeah and it does really look like she is wearing a diaper! And according to a comment on YouTube and I quote:
    "Mary-Kate apparently had potty issues and was in diapers throughout the entire 8 seasons of FH. Ashley, on the other hand, seemed to be fully PTed around 3 and didn't appear to be diapered when she played "Michelle." Very...interesting. One could "hold it," the other couldn't. ". That's what a user by the name of rainking79 explained for all of the YouTubers who are mega Full House fans and who want to know the truth. The user also says what season and episode (but I don't need to say that here,now,do I?) the diaper incident is from. And honestly I never ever noticed them wearing a diaper (well,except for the first season of course but that was expected) after well that first season and in that episode. I guess I don't look close enough to spot diapers on kids who are supposed to be toilet-trained!

FHfan84

[11]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    Drewchic wrote:
    Yeah and it does really look like she is wearing a diaper! And according to a comment on YouTube and I quote:

Just wait... The season 6 DVDs come out TODAY (Tues 3/27). I will be getting it and making HQ captures of episode 6.17, Silence is Not Golden. The mystery should be cleared up then. Also, that particular episode is not the only season 6 episode where the appearance of a diaper is noticeable. There are plenty more. Lots in season 5, 4, and 3, too.

Stay tuned.

ecgirl08

[12]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 57

I heard that too, and I thought it was so random and weird. But it is definitely clear that Mary-Kate is wearing a diaper in the bedroom scene. When she goes to brush her teeth, she slides off the bed and really shows the diaper. I was surprised that shot made the final cut, but like someone else said on here, they were careful with the editing most of the time, so it wasn't visible. Strange, but interesting.

Sometimes I wonder if some of it was emotional, too. With all the eating disorder issues that Mary-Kate has had recently, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the emotional turmoil started when she was just a little girl working on "Full House." We all love sweet little Michelle, but you can imagine how difficult it must have been, at times, to have a job like that as a little kid.

Edited on 04/03/2007 3:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dtf955

[13]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 11
    I'd made the same connection, sadly. I imagine it had to be rough, as it probably is for lots of child stars. I never really looked at whether they had them or not, with my vision it's hard, anyway. I imagine it usually looks like she doesn't if it's Ashley playing her? (I would think you'd be able to see if a child has one by how big their bottom looks, but I'm not sure.)

When they're not wearing something baggy, that might be one of the weirdest ways I can imagine to tell which twin is playing michelle at that time. I just can't tell otherwise, though i know some people with better vision can. (Doesn't one have a freckle on her lip or something?)

ecgirl08

[14]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 57
    Yes, Ashley has a freckle on her lip, and Mary-Kate does not. Also, Ashley is slightly taller.

GabeRuth2

[15]Apr 8, 2007
    I just finished watching silence is not golden and she was wearing one!

GabeRuth2

[16]Apr 9, 2007
    I've been wondering this:who changed her diapers when she needed to be changed and how long did she have to wait for people to change her?

dtf955

[17]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 11

Good question, becasue from what I had heard, she wore one on the set becasue of the long hours, and it wasn't a potty training issue. But, if Ashley could hold it, then maybe it wasn't. BTW, I dont' have disc 3 yet to see thta becasue the disc wasn't in the package somehow, but the store I ordered it from is sending it, so I'll have it. If I can tell she's got a diaper on, with my vision, we'll know they messed up in editing that out :-)

However, I noticed another goof with underwear - when Danny hugs Michelle in "The Devil made Me Do it," when they pick her up from Teddy's, you can see her slip there. I'm really stunned they didn't at least have them redo part of it where her skirt goes up so much you see a tad above the lace. However, it does look like there's no diaper on the Olsen in question; I'm trying to see if I can tell if there's a freckle so I know if it's Ashley. To show what my vision's like, this is the perfect episode to look for a difference (since one played "good Michelle," one "bad Michelle"), and I really can't tell very well even zooming in to their faces. So, I don't know which olsen it is in that part of the scene.

I guess it's just not something I normally look at, though - and maybe they figured other viewers were like tht, becasue it should be innocent fun watching the show., and they probably figured people wouldn't be looking there; I never did before, though now I am curious to see if I can see it in "Silence Is Not Golden."

Edited on 04/09/2007 10:50am
    Edited 3 total times.

GabeRuth2

[18]Apr 9, 2007
    I just watched that part again only this time I zoomed in and did not see a frckle on her lip!Unless I missed it it's mary-kate!

Tippa-

[19]Aug 9, 2008