Full House Forums

ABC (ended 1995)

What part of the girls' characters are "just like Danny"

dtf955

[1]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 11

Here's a fun exercise in thought. We know from "Godobye, Mr. Bear how each of the girls has aspects that are "just like Pam." but, what aspect of their personality is just like Danny?

Stepha's is easy, of course - she and Danny can both talk on and on. I would argue that there's another part that is often overlooked. I think both are very hard on themselves. Steph is when she wrecks the car and cuts Jesse's hair, and I think expects a lot of herself. And, Danny's the same, in a way, as in the finale when he blames himself for Michelle's accident, etc.

How about D.J.? I would say her maturity comes from Danny. Yes, part of it is always wanting to be the best, like Pam, but remember that Danny was so proud of being a hall monitor in school. He was one of those, like me, who always wanted to do the right thing. He was Mr. Clean in more than just cleaning; he felt so badly about sneaking into that concert in late season 4 he sent a check for the ticket price. So, I'd say that - while she's far from perfect in her behavior - what she does have int he way of always feeling a desire to do what's right, she gets from Danny.

What about Michelle? It's tougher with her, because she's been molded by Jesse so much; you can see the above aspect of Danny in the books in Michelle, showing how D.J. likely molded her. But, on TV there's a lot of Jesse in her. Admittedly, it's harder with a young child.

One little thing I'd say could be like Danny is her not being able to get enough of stuff. Just as Danny cleans compulsively, Michelle is just crazy about sweets. Danny also didn't know when to quit when it came to dates - he went on several each night as "Bachelor of the Month." So, a bit of lack of self control might even be something you could call it. Another thing is her not liking change, like when Teddy moved away or Jesse and Becky moved upstairs. That's trickier because change is something hard for any small child to get used to, but it might be a character trait that she shares with Danny.

What ones can you think of?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mvscali89

[2]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 29

i agree with u about dj and danny.

but i think that steph was similar to danny and Pam, while Michelle was more like Jesse.

SpaceWay2007

[3]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 11
    I think DJ and Stephanie were more like Danny than Michelle. Michelle spends a lot of time with Jesse, so Michelle is probably more like Jesse.

Sarie023

[4]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 9

I agree, DJ is more like Danny and Michelle is more like Jesse.

Jesse had a lot of influence on her - like the time they came back from clothes shopping and she was in a bikers outfit (even though she did end up with a poofy dress when Danny talked to her about it.) So, she at least has a mind of her own. She could also be compared to Joey since he helped her and her friends in the Rigby the Rhino protest.

The first thing that comes to mind when comparing Steph to Danny is the time they were arguing about the shoe tying song when Michelle wanted to learn. "Over or under, around the tree..."

Horselover1

[5]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    You raised a lot of good points. I agree with what you said about all 3 girls & Danny.

Tippa-

[6]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    DJ - I don't know
    Stephanie - Likes to babble
    Michelle - Danny's little helper!