Sorry if I've already posted this, but I don't think I did here. I can't figure out how to search just one forum.
This may annoy some of you because it was probably a dream of Michelle :-) But, there is lots of evidence. Meaning Michelle didn't "get away with" anything here. (And, if you want, you can figure it was a dream of D.J.'s, worried about that.)
See, numerous episodes had 1, maybe 2 things that are jokes but with possible real-life things. Kimmy sticking her feet out the window is not realistic, and wouldn't be D.J.'s fault, but a speeding ticket is, and many drivers make that mistake once, so that's the way I (and the Chronology) see it. I've remarked before about how they likely got something else from Big Sid's catalogue, too, and about the Super Bowl pregame; it's possible to argue for that being rearranged a bit to be sensible.
"A House Divided" doesn't just have 1-2, it has 6! At least! Not only that, but someone said there was another series (Step By Ste?) whose finale went this way, so it was possibly done up to be like that. When there are 6 impossible things, they can't be argued away. There they are:
1. Joey's need for quiet time. The bathroom is not soundproof. Jesse's studio is. Joey can leave the light on there,unlike the bathroom. Joey has his own quiet place to meditate, and there's no way the family would give up a bathroom for that.
2. Speaking of bathrooms, the episode makes it sound like htere's only one. There are more. Jesse and Becky have one. There's one downstairs which is indicated a number of times, beyond the alcove. There *could* be one in thestudio fromw hen it was an aprtment, that's uncertain. Danny even has his own mirror. D.J. could have used 8any*one* of these to brush up for her date. (Hmm, maybe it was a dream of D.J.'s.) As could anyone who didn't need a shower.
3. Okay, if there's a basement apartment, a pizza delivery man *might* take it down there. But *never* into a bathroom!
4. Jesse and Becky were not held hostage there; they could have moved out whenever they pleased. Money was right? Well, that's what loans are for, and with Jesse and Becky both working, they could have afforded it. They were not prevented by anything, so if they really wanted, they would have. Nobody stopped them. (Becky rented at first, so it did make sense to live there while they saved up for their first home.)
5. Danny is never money hungry otherwise, and always cherishes memories, yet in this episode he thinks nothing of the memories of the house. Sorry, but while this isn't as bad as the other 4 mentioned, this is still something that adds onto those.
6. Jesse sliding downt he bannister? Uh, no, that would be a very clear house rule, especially for grownups. Even joey wouldn't try that. Also,.the date given for Danny to paint the bannister is possible, but it's a Saturday, so Jesse would *probably* not have had an advertising client. This one's iffy, though, as it could have been the best day for all. Which is why I said there were 6, not 7.
There were problems, but thankfully this is not one of them. What I wonder is, whose dream was it? Part of me says Michelle's, because kids have weird dreams sometimes. But, there are a few things that pint to D.J..