Full House

Our Very First Telethon

Aired Friday 9:00 PM May 04, 1990 on ABC

• Basically this episode is very funny. Danny\'s the host of \"We Love Our Children Telethon 90\" and falls asleep on the air, but like we all know, the rest of the Tanners help out and take over as hosts.

\"Our Very First Telethon\" is very funny. Danny is the host of We Love Our Children Telethon 90, which is trying to raise $1,000,000 for the children\'s hospital. At first the show goes very well. Joey does a stand-up comedy act which involves him imitating a metal concert and a magic act where he tries to take Becky apart which goes haywire when she gets stuck in the box. The next act also happens to be Danny and Becky singing \"What I Did for Love,\" which is hilarious when Becky ad-libs lyrics. Numerous donations are made and other acts are put on. Even though Danny drinks numerous cups of coffee, he falls asleep on the air. So Jesse and Joey take over as the hosts. Jesse begs for someone to come and help them out, since there are a lot of acts in town including the Beach Boys. In the meantime they have Michelle sing the ABCs (and imitate animals), Stephanie dance to \"Love Shack\" by the B-52s, and DJ sing and dance to a song she sings to Michelle. Joey even provides some entertainment by imitating Aerosmith and singing some of \"Janie\'s Got a Gun,\" but is cut off by Jesse saying, \"Becky, please do something before he starts doing Tina Turner!\" Danny wakes up as Kimmy Gibbler is riding her unicycle around the set. Mike Love (Dr. Love) from the Beach Boys shows up and sings \"Be True to Your School,\" and they end up reaching the $1,000,000 goal that they set. Overall this episode is very funny. It\'s one of my favorites.