Full House

The Play's the Thing

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 17, 1992 on ABC

• You don't have to do everything that your brothers or sisters do and you don't always get what you want. Just because you don't, it's doesn't mean that you can quit being what you are part of.

Michelle's First grade class is prepaing for their play and Jesse and Joey are the directors. Michelle wants the part of Yankee Doodle because D.J. and Stephanie were Yankee Doodle in their school plays when they were in first grade, but Derek got the part because he was better than Michelle was. Michelle got upset because Derek got the part and Joey told her that she doesn't alway get what she wants in life. Jesse told her that she should go out on stage be the best Statue of Liberty that she could be. Derek is nervous to go on stage for the final part and Michelle stopped to talk to him. She told him to go out on stage and be the best Yankee Doodle he can be. I would play a different part even if I don't get the part that I want. If Michelle was my best friend's daughter or my niece, I would tell her that I'm sorry that she didn't she didn't get the part she want and it wouldn't hurt to play a different part than Stephanie and D.J. did. I didn't do everything my older sister did.
  • Denise made me crack up!!

The Play's the Thing is one of my favorite episodes of Season 6 because it made me laugh a lot. Denise was hilarious. Stephanie: One, two, one, two
    Denise: Haven't you ever heard of three?

LOL!!!

Denise: Your sister is really getting on my nerves.
    Michelle: Try living with her!

Another funny one!! Ha Ha Ha!! It was also funny when it was her turn to go on stage and her wig fell off and she put it on backwards! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
  • Rub a dub dub 3 men in a tub.

Rub a dub dub 3 men in a tub. I likes this part of the episode because it shows sometimes that empty nest syndrome sets in when you realise there may never have any more kids and our kids are starting to grow up. Giving into Michelle only makes her think all she has to do is pout. Michelle is old enough to learn she is not always going to get her way like in the play. I was glad to see Joey and Jesse didn't cave in all the way to her.
  • In http://www.tv.com/users/dtf955/profile.php?fpage=jnl_entry.php&board=18687&topic=59633 iit shows Steph was indeed Yankee Doodle from how little we see of characters' lives - and was doubtlessly much better

7.6
    It's not a bad thing to want to be like your sisters - unless you're just not that good. We know Stephanie was aa rare talent - she almost went to dance school. In a way, you can't blame Michelle for being upset she coudln't make it - but *why* she was upset was the problem with this episode. She wasn't sad because she wasn't as good - if she was, this episode would teach a greaat lesson about how it's okay to not be as good because she's special no matter what. (As the book Ballet Surprise does; Michelle doesn't sulk, she improvises so she can still do something.) Int his episode, Michelle's upset becasue she feels Jesse and Joey should have picked her, and she's not wiling to accept anything else than being yankee Doodle. She expects favoritism, and Jesse and Joey sort of mess up by promising she can be, and making it seem like they will favor her. Only her deciding to let Derek be Yankee Doodle and encouraging him when he has stage fright saves this one.