Full House

The Return of Grandma

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 09, 1987 on ABC

• good

Danny's mother visits, and is shocked at how dirty the house is. She calls in Joey's and Jessie's moms, too, and Danny and the guys make a vow that they can clean the house without help of their mothers. Will they be able to finish this task?

It was alright. I liked the introduction of Joey and Jessie's moms (Even though we never saw Joey's again), and I liked Bubba, the turtle (the line about Jessie finding a 'place' for him, and then telling everyone not to flush), but overall the plot bored me a little and it was not that funny, so because of all of this my final grade is in the "C" range.
  • Typical story plot, and typical Tanner family fun.

This was a great episode of another Full House show. First off, Danny's mom Claire is coming to town to see how Danny, Jesse, and Joey are taking care of the house and Danny's three daughters DJ, Stephanie, and baby Michelle. Joey tells everyone that she would be arriving later but it turns out that Joey's time dislexia (haha) got the time wrong so she arrived 7 hours then there predicted target time. They had to buy groceries which took them two hours to do and then they were going to start cleaning but they decided to take a break and watch Yogi Bear. All of sudden, Claire walks in and finds the house a mess. Joey and Jesse kiss up to Claire and tell her that there going to see a movie and that she can clean the house instead. Later on when Joey and Jesse get back, Danny tells them that his mom refuses to clean the house and as he said this, Joey and Jesse's moms come in and start talking about how Jesse is the only person that irons her blouses and such. The moms give them a chance to clean the house, so they leave to go shopping for a few hours. They don't get much done because they were looking for Jesse's pet turtle that saved his life that day. When the moms come back, the house is still a mess and they want to come in and take over there lives. The boys ask for another chance and they accept to and take the girls to the San Francisco Zoo. A few hours later, the mom's and the girls come home to find the house very clean and they decide that they are repsonible enough to stay here alone with the girls. Of course, as a Tanner tradition, Danny, Joey, and Jesse hug there moms and Stephanie finds Bubba the turtle and he rides into the kitchen on a skateboard. This episode teaches repsonsiblity and I couldn't ask for a better episode.
  • good episode!!! season one classic!

This is one of my fav episodes of season 1. In my opinion, season 1 wasnt very good but this episode was good!!!!!! I liked the story line! In this episode, the Tanners house is a mess and Danny finds out that his mother is coming!!!! If one mother isnt enough, Jesse and Joey's mothers are called after Claire (Danny's mother) sees how messy the house is! The men have to clean the house or they will move in!!!!!!!
    Can the men pull it off????? Surprisingly they do! This is the only episode where the house is a mess!
  • not my fave but still good.

this episode was ok but it wasn't one of my favourites.i liked the turtle story line better then the story line of danny jesse and joeys mum turning up,i liked how bubba showed up jesses sensitive side,that was well written.it also had funny parts like how jesse keeps saying''i love this amphibian''and then at the end of the episode when stephanie finds bubba she says''i found him........i love that amphibian''i thought that was cute.great but compared to other episodes of the show average.
  • Not one of my favorites.

7.3
    This one was juast avrage. Danny's mother comes in, sees what a mess there is in the house and calls Jesse and Joey's mothers. They leave, come back and the house is still a mess because they were looking for the turtle, Bubba. Then they took the girls to the zoo for three hours and came back, and the house is immaculate. They find out this was from the help of a cleaning woman. But they still leave the house and thyey don't move in. The only really funny part was Bubba.
  • Nice job of showing Danny's continued problems w/losing his wife, as the neat freak isn't cleaning

Though Danny's usually a neat freak, he isn't cleaning here, because like many people suffering depression he doesn't feel like doing the things he normally loves. That and having the turtle there make it above just average. While the turtle isn't hurt of for certain again, Stephanie mentions a turtle in a late episode that she had when she was 8, so it's quite possible she ended up with Bubba. We only see less than 1% of their waking moments after all.
  • This one was the fist episode where we notice errors being made.

This one was the fist episode where we notice errors being made. I tought the episode was funny but started noticing mistakes being made in the show. Expecially when the moms were in the living room talking to the boys. Jesse's mom was talking and when we first see Jessee his shirt was tucked in. Then the next scene his shirt was out of his pants and then his moms says for him to tuck in his shirt which was originally tucked in in the first place.But the family loyality rearding Bubba was the saving grace. It showed a family that cares about each other.
TBS