Full Metal Panic! Forums

A&E (ended 0000)

Full Metal Panic! or Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu

ArcticNinja21

[1]Apr 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    Which do you like more? I'm not really sure. I've seen mostly all of Fumoffu but the original FMP I only seen the 1st four episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angus_Mac

[2]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 71
    The fmp original is a bit too violent to watch with the fam, so I choose fumoffu since no people die there.
    Edited on 04/18/2006 8:05am

bigbuck900

[3]May 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    ya i like fufamoo( or how ever you say it) because it is very easy to understand in panic it is sometime you can under stan the plot.

demiter6253

[4]May 23, 2006
    • level: 11
    Yeah, I like Fumofo a bit better, its alot more funny. And the it has more of the Chidori and Sousuke story in it, which I like. And it introduced a little love triangle, finding out that the Captain(Tessa) likes him too.

palesecrecy1

[5]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    FMP! = Action-packed and cool. Has Romance, some drama, and comedy. This one focuses on Sousuke's life in Mithril, his missions, protecting Chidori, and his past.

FMP? Fumoffu = Really funny comedy series. Has no plot (Except for everyday school life), but who needs one? Focuses more on what Chidori has to put up with while Sousuke is there.

FMP! TSR = Real sequel to the first one, this one is probably the saddest series. Only has a few episodes of comedy, but focuses more on Chidori's and Sousuke's relationship with eachother. This series finally tells us what Sousuke prefers more, taking orders from Mithril or staying a High School Student along with Kaname (Chidori).

FMP! Overload (Manga) = I still have yet to read this. But it seems like a complete side story (Where Sousuke gets amnesia) filled with nothing but comedy...

Overall, I love them all. FMP! is the coolest with action, FMP? Fumoffu is the funniest and most light-hearted, and FMP! TSR is the saddest.

lord_nikon101

[6]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 6

does anyone know if Full Metal Panic The Second Raid (OVA) is any good?

illuminatus_07

[7]Jul 18, 2006
    Here's how I rank 'em: 1) Full Metal Panic! TSR... 2) Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu... 3) Full Metal Panic!

I really liked how dramatic TSR was... the tense relationship between Tessa and Sagara was particularly juicy, and the story was more focused... defined...

Fumoffu was really funny, probably the funniest anime out there, but it wasn't funny enough to match TSR in terms of plot and character development.

I consider the first season as a solid introduction to the characters and what-not. Nothing really special, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

userchibi

[8]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    You REALLY need to watch the original FMP dub. It is sweet!

james21291

[9]Aug 23, 2006
    um what is Full Metal Panic TSR

Master_M2K

[10]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 58
    After watching Full Metal Panic & FMP - Fumoffu it's obvious that FMP - Fumoffu is much better. I can't believe how funny it was to watch that I almost p*ssed myself laughing on several occasions. Can't wait to see FMP - The 2nd Raid, to bad its not in the TV listings.

kitani27

[11]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 3

Here's how I see it:

Full Metal Panic: Nice introductory to the series. Has action, comedy and even some charcter development and background in it. All in all it's a very nice way to introduce the series.

Full Metal Panic- Fumoffu: Extremely funny. You'll most likely fall off your seat from laughing at some parts (I know I did), and there's even a bit of advencement in the Kaname/Sousuke relationship, which progresses quite nicely. Not a lot of serious stuff in it (if any), though.

Full Metal Panic- The Second Raid : This in my opinion ranks first when compared to the others. There's not really alot of comedy but when there is it's still funny despite the situation that might be occurring. There's a lot of angst in this also. I won't say who though.

Master_M2K

[12]Oct 17, 2006
    Well I've just amnaged to see the first 7 episodes of Full Metal Panic - TSR and it is truly amazing, I don't know why it's not listed here.

wedgeantilles54

[13]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 12

FMP and FMP TSR have more of a military element then Fumoffu 

it all depends on what you like i have to say fumaoffu was good but not quite the same as the others

overall i would have say FMP TSR is my favorite

lunalee4132003

[14]Jan 21, 2007
    Fumoffu because its way funnier!

fullmoon_kiss

[15]Feb 21, 2007
    fumoffu is way better because it's mostly comedy and romance
    and Full Metal Panic The Second Raid is really good to because it kinda finishes the story

ensatsu-ken

[16]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 19
    fullmoon_kiss wrote:
    fumoffu is way better because it's mostly comedy and romance
    and Full Metal Panic The Second Raid is really good to because it kinda finishes the story

Actually it only concludes the first half of the story line. For anyone who has read the scanlated novels, you'll see that Full Metal Panic!, as well as TSR, together, only cover the first 5 main story novels. However, in Japan, there are 9 main story volumes out, with one more left to come out (most likely by the end of this year, or the begginning of next year), before the main story line is finally complted. Once that happenns, it will be likely that we will see the entire second half of the series animated (and it will probably be long, like somwhere from 30-50 episodes ). So far, only 2 novels after the ones, which TSR is based off of, have been translated. However, they are still being scanlated, and I have read summarries (sort of spoilers, since the other novels won't be translated any time soon ), of volumes 8 and 9, and by the looks of it, book 9 leaves off at such a cliffhanger (and something really interesting happenns at the end of it ).

Master_M2K

[17]Feb 28, 2007
    Why does it have to be so far away!

Dreka_Rai

[18]Mar 2, 2007
    Ah I definately prefer FMP! Coz it has more Kurtz, and he's my fave! Plus there is more of it to watch. I like the heavier action. I want to see the 2nd raid! 

Leu-kun

[19]Mar 15, 2007
    Its hard to choose, mostly because they have different genres... so, its like they are two different animes using the same characters...

ensatsu-ken

[20]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 19
    Leu-kun wrote:
    Its hard to choose, mostly because they have different genres... so, its like they are two different animes using the same characters...

Well not really 2 different animes, since FMP had some of those fumoffu type eps. itself . Anyways, TSR is better than both of them, IMO, if we're counting them as different series here. But I don't, I coun't them all together as one single series .