Full Moon o Sagashite

TV Tokyo (ended 2003)

Full Moon o Sagashite Fan Reviews (28)

• this show is the best i've ever seen i'e wanted to see this show for a bout a year and i finally got to see it, but i wish the could at least made more than 26 episodes but its okay they were all the best anyways.

this show is amzing its about a girl that is meets a these deaths angels known as shimigami-(i think i spelled shmigami right) and she finds out that she only has one year to live and wanting to reunint with her childhood love she decides to become what she dreamed of a singer.....as she on her adventer with her to friends the shimigami she finds out about her two parents who died. and more that i cant tell you or i'll kill it. that way i give this show a 10/10.
  • This show is about a 12 year old girl who has one year left to live.Her greatest dream is to become a singer but she has cancer in her throat and can't sing. One day two shinigami come to her and help her by turning her into a 16 year old so she can sing.

What reallly made Full Moon wo **** so great was the amazing charactors. After only a few episodes, I found myself falling in love with all of them. Mitsuki is such a nice, happy, optimistic, young girl and Takuto and Meroko are just great. I also loved the music. During important scenes, there is usually one of Mitsuki's songs playing in the background. It adds so much feeling and really makes the show come alive even more. I especially love the songs "New Future" "Eternal Snow" and "Love Chronicle." If you haven't already seen this show it's definately worth the watch.
  • I seriously love this anime! ^.^

The start of the series starts off rather happy, like with Mitsuki (who has sarcoma - not happy V.V) passing her audition and meeting Takuto and Meruko who help her complete her dream of making her a famous singer. But as the series progresses, it seems to get gradually sadder. I wont spoil it for you, you'll have to watch it for yourself but I'll just say it's the first anime to ever make me cry!
    I'm not saying the show is sad for the wrong reasons, it just makes you a bit... teary with what Mitsuki goes through.
    But the music in the anime is beautiful. Such songs as 'Myself' and 'Eternal Snow' really make this show what it is.
    So I will leave you with that. Full Moon wo **** A great anime with scenes that will probably make you weep a little... but with a happy ending! ^_^
  • You will laugh and you WILL cry!!

First of all, this is another great installment to the Anime Manga culture(does that make sense?.). But the Anime/Manga are WAY different!!!!!!!

Anyways.... This Anime series is about 12 year old(13 later in the series)girl named Mitsuki Who has throat cancer.And she desiers to become a singer when she gets older(she has a beautiful voice!!!). The only option for the cancer to go away is to have her vocal cords taken out by surgery. One night, shes in her room really sad, but then two shigihami(is that spelled right?) apper before her.There names are Meroko and Takuto (together the're NEGI-RAMEN!) Meroko tells Mitsuki that she only has a year to live. I don't want write anymore cause I'm getting sleepy....and I don't want to spoil it.^_^

This show is SO DRAMATIC!!!!!! Once you start getting to the end of either the anime or manga, you WILL cry, peroid. But I LOVE this show to death (besides Naruto and Bleach)!!!!

Why did this all have to end?????!!!!!!!
  • You laugh, and you might cry.

This is an incredible story in some ways. I always loves when there is Shinigamis involved in a anime, and here they are more cute and human than in other shows. The music in the anime is really to die for, ive found myself listen to the soundtrack over and over again when i use my computer, that is because it's alot of good changes in the music, and it's origninall. There is one little problem with this anime, and that costs the full pointer. They don't follow the darkplotted manga. But they create an almost equally good story, but im a fan of darker storylines.

I love the Characters in this anime, Meroko and Takto are both very well "Designed". And i think it's bad that they aren't a couple.

You simply most watch this if you get tired of shows like Naruto and Bleach.
  • If you're willing to weed your way through a few fillers, this anime is a amazing in emotional depth.

This is definately one my favorite anime, if not my favorite, simply because the characters, if you let yourself, really drag you in and it's enjoyable anyway. Plot wise it REALLY picks up as we enter the later sections of the story, with strong emoitonal tugs. The chemistry between the characters is wonderful, and the amazing lengths they all go for love is touching if you let it be. Our main character Mitsuki, is obviously the shy, quiet type. But she doesn't seem afraid to stand up for yourself, which is nice. She's not too flawed, more flawed characters would be the shinigami. Takuto starts off the series with a very apathetic attitude, and Meroko is way too clingy to him. Izumi complerely mistrested Meroko when they were partners. Also, Mitsuki's grandmother is very bitter and angry, and is not the nicest to Mitsuki.

An important aspect of the series would be music. Mitsuki's (Full Moon's) voice actor does a nice job, and the one time we hear Takuto sing, he does a nice one too. The songs are enjoyable, and all they might get a little annoying the 100th time you hear them (since they are played often), often only excerpts of the song is played and she does switch at least once. And they're very pretty songs!

All in all, this anime shows beauitful character development in a touching story about love, life, and death.
  • I love it so much ^_^

This story is about a 12-year-old girl named Mitsuki Kôyama. Mitsuki is a talented singer who dreams of becoming a pop idol, but she is afflicted with throat cancer, which is curable only through a surgery that could possibly cost her her vocal chords and her ability to sing. The tumor in her throat also affects her ability to breathe well and sing loudly. On top of that, her grandmother hates music, and is completely opposed to Mitsuki's wish to audition. Her dreams seem impossible to achieve, until one day she is visited by two Shinigami whom only she can see. Without knowing Mitsuki can see and hear them, they accidentally tell her she only has one year left to live. Realizing she cannot wait any longer to fulfill her dream, she runs away from her house and the Shinigami to try to audition for a singing competition. However, the Shinigami catch her before she is able to audition. Mitsuki moves one of the Shinigami, Takuto, to make a deal with her- if she goes quietly when her one year is up, he will help her become a singer so that she may leave the world without any regrets. He gives her the ability to transform into a healthy 16-year-old self who is not encumbered by a throat tumor. Though there is much competition, she is able to win over the judges with her enthusiasm for singing and her excellent voice. To conceal her true identity, she chooses the stage name "Full Moon".Mitsuki decided to become a singer two years before the Shinigami's arrival, when she was 10 years old. She made a promise with Eichi Sakurai, a 16-year-old boy she met in her orphanage, that the next time they met, they would both be closer to their dreams. Eichi wanted to become an astronomer and Mitsuki wanted to become a singer. Shortly after, Eichi was adopted and emigrated to America before Mitsuki could express her feelings for him. Mitsuki hopes that by becoming a famous idol, Eichi will be able to hear her sing and realize her feelings for him.
  • Pretty good

I love this show. My two best friends and I read the manga and decided to check out the show. We were not dissapointed. I can honestly say the show is better than the manga. I quit reading book 6 cuz I got bored with it. But the show I couldn't stop watching it. I love Takuto and Meroko. They hate each other yet ther're best friends. They are sooooo funny. Ok I am gonna fill in the rest of the words with random things. a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z. YAY THE ALPHABET! Full Moon rocks!
  • Mitsuki has cancer, 1 years to live and dreams of become a singer. She is given a chance to reach this dream by her Shinigami. This anime is a little bit sad, but most of all it's about a 12-year old girl's dream.

Ah! I love this anime. It's so touching and ''cathy''!
    The story focueces mainly on Mitsuki's feelings and that she want to become a singer, and it does in a a way that you just understand excacly how she feels everyday. And it's excitning to follow Mitsiku's journey from a auditioners girl to a superstar and the life inside the music-industry.

The voices in the japanese version is really cute like most japanese voice actors are. I have only seen one episode of the english dub to, and it's actually suprisigly good^^ The music in this series is also a importante part of this series since Mitsuki actually wants to be a singer, and a singer needs songs to sing ^__^
    The songs that are made for this series fits so well to the character ''Full Moon'' and I would love to by the singles in reals life too.
    The only negative thing about the music is that it's been overused a little bit. The single are almost played in every single episode and it's the same single almost every time. So you get a little bit sick of it after a while.
    And two thumbs up for the wnglish dub because the chose to keep the orginials singles with the original singer^__^

The animation is quite normal, I mean there is nothing really special about it, of course is it beautiful but it does not really have anything breathtaking with it!:DD

Well since I only jave watched this serie to episode 32 can't I say anything about the ending, but the series is really, really promising so far. I can't wait to watch the rest of it when I have time. You should also take time to watch this series someday, it's totally worth it^__^
  • Wicked cute show!

Full Moon is a cute love story about a girl making her dreams come true! I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't seen it! The story is strong yet sweet. You want to see what happens next the first episode catches your attention right off the hook. You can help but be captivated when 2 death spirits come through a wall and tell a young 12-year old girl that she only has one year to live! Mitsuki takes off encourged to make her dreams come true and become a singer. All so she may find the boy she loves. Definally worth a 10!
  • Mitsuki has 1 year to live and dreams of being a singer. She is given a chance to reach this dream by her Shinigami. This anime about life, death, and the power of music manages to be emotional at times but also somewhat cheesy.

7.4
    Mitsuki has a type of throat cancer that gives her only 1 year to live and also makes it difficult to pursue her dream/promise of becoming a singer. Her Shinigami give her a chance to become a singer but she still knows that she only has the 1 year to accomplish that. We watch as she experiences the up/downs, highs/lows, and pains/pleasures of the music industry in Japan. Over the course of the year Mitsuki learns about life and death while using music to keep her spirits up and bring joy and happiness to others. On some levels I liked the show. The characters were fun to watch; there was some degree of information about how the music industry operated (though somewhat over simplified, IMHO); and there was enough uncertainty as to what the fate of the characters would be throughout the series that I actually cared about what happened along the way and wanted to have some sense of closure in the end. The songs were decent enough to start with, but running the same song anywhere from 1-3 times an episode got old very quickly.

What I didn't like that much though, was the fact that the same music was used ALL THE TIME, which can be ok but there needed to be a little bit more variety in it, especially for a series about a singer. Also, some of the situations and actions of the characters were quite cheesy and over simplified at times. Finally, I think some of the episodes could have been dropped or combined to make a tighter story.

Overall, I think this was a decent series, that managed to show some strong emotion while being somewhat childlike. It also showed that a desire to live life and pursue your dreams happily, regardless of what you are going through in life, makes whatever time you are given more valuable to those around you and yourself.

Mitsuki has a type of throat cancer that gives her only 1 year to live and also makes it difficult to pursue her dream/promise of becoming a singer. Her Shinigami allow her to have a chance to become a singer but she still knows that she only has the 1 year accomplish that. We watch as she experiences the up/downs, highs/lows, and pains/pleasures of the music industry in Japan. Over the course of the year Mitsuki learns about life and death while using music to keep her spirits up and bring joy and happiness to others. On some levels I liked the show. The characters were fun to watch; there was some degree of information about how the music industry operated (though somewhat over simplified, IMHO); and there was enough uncertainty as to what the fate of the characters would be throughout the series that I actually cared about what happened along the way and wanted to have some sense of closure in the end. The songs were decent enough to start with, but running the same song anywhere from 1-3 times an episode got old very quickly.

• Full Moon o **** (literally "Searching for the Full Moon"), also known as Full Moon wo **** and often shortened to Full Moon, is a Japanese shôjo manga and anime series by Arina Tanemura.

5.8
    Full Moon focuses on a 12-year-old girl named Mitsuki Kouyama. Mitsuki is a talented singer who dreams of becoming a pop idol, but she is afflicted by throat cancer, which is curable only through a surgery that will require the removal of her vocal cords. At the beginning of the series, she is visited by two shinigami whom only she can see, Takuto and Meroko, who go by the team name "Negi Ramen" or "Spring Onion Noodles." These shinigami accidentally tell her she has but one year left to live. Mitsuki realizes she cannot wait any longer and attempts to achieve her dream of becoming a singer. However, she does not look old enough to be a singer, so she makes a deal with one of the shinigami, Takuto, to transform her into a 16-year-old. In her 16-year-old form, her throat is healthy, and she is able to sing without any difficulty. She uses the stage name "Full Moon" to hide her identity from the public. To start a career as a singer, 16-year-old Mitsuki auditions in a singing contest. Though there is much competition, she is able to win over the judges with her enthusiasm for singing and her excellent voice. Mitsuki decided to become a singer two years before the shinigami's arrival, when she was 10 years old. She made a promise with Eichi Sakurai, a 16-year-old boy she met in her orphanage, that they would both achieve their dreams together. Eichi wanted to become an astronomer and Mitsuki wanted to become a singer. Shortly after, Eichi was adopted and immigrates to America before Mitsuki could express her feelings for him. Because Mitsuki is fated to die, she is intent on achieving her dream and meeting Eichi before her death. Mitsuki hopes that one day Eichi will hear her songs and return to her so they can be together again. Shortly after her first audition to become a singer, the plot of the manga and anime of this series separate. The plot of the manga and anime have some common themes, but they become quite different as the story advances. In addition, several of the characters in the manga have different histories and personalities from their counterparts in the anime.
  • The perfect love story!

An unbelievable romantic anime that keeps you wanting more. A beautiful young pre-teen Mitsuki promises to achieve her goal of becoming a singer. As he also made a promise, though certain dramatice events leads her into believing that she can't love another. The only one she could love had left her world, bringing the end. Though her dream continues to grow which is accomplished with a little bit of help from a few shinigami spirits Takuto, and Meroko. The young Mituki also learns how to fall in love again. Cause love never dies, it lives on always. I've absolutely fallen in love with this anime. I couldn't bear for it to end. It kept me entertained and excited. But it brought me too many tears as it brought me to much happiness. I couldn't find myself liking the storyline any better than I already loved it. This is a magical love story.
  • I love Full Moon! A young girl has a dream...to become a singer. But there is a problem...She has throat cancer.

It's one of my fav shows. I love all the songs! There some some parts like "blah" and others "WOAH!" This series is great if you like love, comedy, and something relating to spirits. I used to watch it 24/7! When Mitsuki fell and...! I can't tell you more unless you watch it. I highly recommend you watch it. I was very angry at Meroko a lot of times in the series. It made want to shed her into pieces. She's not that bad, it's just sometimes she does things I can't stand. Over all, it is a great show so make time to watch it!
  • i loved it

it's such a great anime because it can make you laugh and cry all in the same episode and this show brought me to tears at least 10 times. The only thing i disliked is that there wasn't another season :'(. If you haven't watched the show i HIGHLY suggest watching it. I've watched it twice :D!
  • upps!

Full Moon focuses on a 12-year-old girl named Mitsuki Koyama. Mitsuki is a talented singer who dreams of becoming a pop idol, but she is afflicted by throat cancer, which is curable only through a surgery that will require the removal of her vocal cords. At the begining of the series, she is visited by two shinigami whom only she can see, Takuto and Meroko. These shinigami tell her she has but one year left to live. Mitsuki realizes she cannot wait any longer and attempts to achieve her dream of becoming a singer. However, she does not look old enough to be a singer, so she makes a deal with one of the shinigami, Takuto, to transform her into a 16-year-old. In her 16-year-old form, her throat is healthy, and she is able to sing without any difficulty. She uses the stage name "Full Moon" to hide her identity from the public. To start a career as a singer, 16-year-old Mitsuki auditions in a singing contest. Though there is much competition, she is able to win over the judges with her enthusiasm for singing and her excellent voice.
  • A beautiful love story that makes you believe in love.

The perfect romance! It's so adorable you've got an adorable young girl who has made a promise to this guy ehom she loves. Due to some events a person learns to love again. Though it takes a whole comedy crazed romance to get to that point. Trust me if you're looking for a love story this is it! I fell in love with it the minute I knew about it. No way would you want it to end, it's just too good. Once you believe in magic you can believe in love. I agree with that 100% now. I can't give out much but I tell you love is in the air.
  • Two Shinigamis Takuto and Meroko appear before Mitzski and tell her she has one year to live.

At first glance, Full Moon wo **** is deceiving. A show about a 12-year-old girl who magically gets turned into a 16-year-old singer? In addition, she has two Shinigami dressed up as a bunny and a cat who follow her around. What is so special about that? Despite the premise, the series actually runs a much deeper and emotional road. Based on the manga of the same title, Full Moon wo ****\'s 52 episodes do not disappoint. Though the series starts off a bit slow, focusing mainly on Mitsuki\'s growing success as Full Moon, it picks up a good deal of steam in the later episodes.

With its bright colors, happy intros, and incredibly cute characters, Full Moon wo **** proves that you really can\'t judge a book by its cover. Trying to place your finger on why Full Moon wo **** seems to stand out amongst all the other titles in its genre is difficult. Presenting itself like an after school special, the show faces the reality that Mitsuki is going to die, rather than try and sugarcoat the fact that Mitsuki may die. Despite this, knowing her fate is sealed, Mitsuki remains optimistic and full of life. She still tries her best to live the remaining year of her life the best she can. With this concept alone, the plot is rather dreary, but the series manages to balance enough happy moments in with the severely depressing ones to not push the viewer away. Each episode is introduced by Meroko with a brief recap of the previous episodes. Thankfully, that\'s the only appearance the recaps make. No flashbacks (Naruto anyone?), no recap moments in the middle of an episode, just a brief summary before the opening credits. This greatly helps in the forward progression of Full Moon wo ****\'s storyline and keeps the emotional impact on a steady increase until the end.

Mitsuki, Takuto, and Meroko make up one of the best group of characters in an anime series in a long time. Mitsuki is an optimistic twelve-year-old going on sixteen--literally, Meroko is a playboy bunny with a heart of gold, and her partner, Takuto, is your typical brooding bishie. Nothing to write home about at first, but the chemistry among the three is amazing. This chemistry is aided by the well-executed voice acting. Jpop singer, Myco, makes her voice acting debut as a believable, 12-year-old Mitsuki. Not only is she Mitsuki\'s speaking voice, Myco also provides the singing voice for Full Moon. Takuto\'s dreamy voice is performed by Yasuo Saitou and rounding out the trio is the talented Chieko Honda as Meroko. Together they create a great group of characters that the viewer can completely relate to. Takuto and Meroko provide some much needed comedic distraction from the Mitsuki is going to die storyline. The interactions between the two are quite funny, especially as Meroko repeatedly professes her undying love to her obviously uninterested partner. With her bunny ears and top hat, one can\'t help but laugh at Meroko\'s failed attempts at wooing Takuto. Throw in Mitsuki, mix in a little jealousy, and situations get downright hilarious. One of the nice things about the characters is that they actually mature throughout the extent of the series. Far too many series have static characters that are the same from beginning to end. Without this strong character development and willingness to poke fun at itself, Full Moon wo **** would probably drown after about five episodes in its own emotional soup.

Music plays a big role in the series; after all, it is a show about a singer. Full Moon wo **** rotates three main songs: \"Myself,\" \"Eternal Snow,\" and \"Love Chronicle.\" They are played during each episode, usually with Full Moon performing them, and also serve as the ending themes. With only three songs, you\'d think the repetitiveness would get really old. However, even though they\'re a tad overplayed, \"Myself,\" \"Eternal Snow,\" and \"Love Chronicle,\" seem fresh and fitting every time you hear them. Maybe it\'s the emotional significance of each song or the comforting and reminiscent sounds of 90s-like pop ballads. Whatever it is, you won\'t rip your hair out whenever you hear them played. As aforementioned, Myco provides all of Full Moon\'s singing. With that in mind, the songs are executed as one would expect, until you remember Full Moon is only 16. Myco does not sing like a 16-year-old. Somehow, when Mitsuki\'s body transformed into a teenager, her voice mutated into a 24-year-old Jpop singer\'s voice. In addition to Myco, The*Scanty also lend their musical talent. They provide the peppy opening songs \"I Love You\" and \"Rock n\' Roll Princess,\" and also manage to sneak in a couple of cameos during the series.

Artistically speaking, Full Moon wo **** doesn\'t have anything too spectacular to point out. Character design is pretty generic, but appealing. The males have a tendency to look like each other, only with a different hair color. In Eichi-kun and Dr. Wakaouji\'s case, the similarity between the two was done on purpose, but regardless, the males seem to have the weakest design. Mitsuki\'s two curly ponytails seem about the only original thing regarding character design. Well, that and maybe Takuto\'s belly shirt that seems to get shorter every episode.

Yes, Full Moon wo **** is an angsty show, but it\'s an angsty show fit for a broad audience. Whether you\'re 13 or 25, you\'ll probably enjoy some aspect of this show. So, if you need something to tide you over until Saikano gets released this spring, or you\'re feeling a bit nostalgic for your old Lurlene McDaniel books, check out Full Moon wo ****. Mmmm...Campbell\'s Angst Soup, nothing warms your heart more. Here\'s hoping it gets a domestic release soon.
  • Full Moon

The main character of this anime is Mitsuki, who wants to become a singer; therefore, she can find her lost love, Eichi. The only problem is that she has throat cancer and can not sing. Two shinigami tell her that she has one year to live. With this in mind, Takuto is one of the shinigami and he changes her to look older and he made her healthy so she can addition to become a singer. She becomes a great singer named Full moon, with the help of her two new friends. This anime is really different from the managa. I never read the manga, so I dont know which was is better.

This anime will make laugh and cry. Its one of the best animes.
  • this show made me want to sing even more, the following contains spoilers (if you have not watched do\\\'t read

the following contains spoilers (if you have not watched don't read

i loved full moon wo i watched every epsidoe i think both versions were really good. it was sad close to the end when they found out that echhi died that was so sad. i hated mitski\\\'s grandmother she was so mean and i wish that she could have found out that mitski is full moon maybe she did maybe she did not. this show is A+ in the classics
  • Twelve-year-old Mitsuki made a childhood promise with her friend Eichi that she would work as hard as she could to reach her dream of becoming a singer.

It took me a week to watch all 52 episodes but I really loved it.It was so sad but still had romance.I still feel bitter sweet about the ending,because of me-chan.I also loved the music.I still wish that it might have gone on a little longer because I want to see what is going to happen with Takuto and Mitsuki.I have very strong feelings toward there love because dosen\'t Mitsuki have eichi-kun and Takuto me-chan?So is it really ok for Mitsuki to have both guys liking her when only one can have her heart?I mean that\'s cruel to make both guy have hope then crush it.
  • It's worth enduring the massive amount of fillers in the beginning to experience what the end has to offer.

Full Moon wo Sagashi-te made me realize the beauty of shoujo anime. I'm a major shounen fan that mainly looks for only three major things; sweet fights; good and memorable characters; and a good story. Somehow, almost every shounen I watch fail at the latter two, or fail in general. And despite knowing that shoujo most of the time, succeeds in the latter two, I choose a shounen most of the time. Well, to choose a shounen over an anime that is ranked among the top 5 on animenfo.com's top 200 anime list would be ludicrous. And while the famous and popular anime is heavily dependent on fillers, there's a very good reason why it's receiving such high praise from almost everyone who watches it.

Mitsuki has always dreamed of becoming a singer. During her childhood years, she made a promise with a boy in that they'll both achieve their goals later on in their lives, which are becoming an astronomer and singer respectively. Unfortunately for Mitsuki, she has throat cancer stalling her progress. However, two unlikely shinigami in Takuto and Meroko, enter Mitsuki's room in order to moderate her for an entire year before her death. To their surprise, Mitsuki has the ability to see them, and to Mitsuki's surprise, she's going to die in a year, and to my surprise, she doesn't care that much; as long as she's able to sing.

A disaster was inevitable between the three, and somehow, the fates of Mitsuki were handed to the two shinigami Takuto and Meroko, who make it their goal to keep Mitsuki alive before her inevitable death comes. During their long year together, Mitsuki has been one step closer into fulfilling her promise with Eichi. Thanks to the supernatural powers of shinigami, Mitsuki is able to alternate between two forms; her normal twelve year old self, and her sixteen year old alter ego named Full Moon; a rising star within the music industry that's quickly making her name heard throughout Japan and beyond.

The keyword in Full Moon wo sagashi-te is patience. Throughout the first half of the anime, you'll have to endure episodes worth of filler about Mitsuki facing trials that any normal pop idol would face. While that's nice, it's....actually not nice. I'm not a big fan on single speech wonders, and there's a ton of that. It's rather tedious hearing the same common sense speeches over and over again, and it's ridiculous seeing the person causing the conflicts within each of the individual episodes, opening their eyes wide open in disbelief, ultimately giving up their bitter ways. This format isn't consistent, but it does happen at least every other episode. Though all of these episodes are bearable to watch no matter how corny the speech is.

While the large amounts of fillers are pretty annoying, they actually get better around episode 30, getting more serious and deep. The fillers stop by episode 13, and it's unbelievably mind boggling, and you realize by the end of the last episode that the awesome experience you've just went through wasn't possible if it weren't for the establishment of the characters that the fillers were sent out to do. The story isn't filled with any extraordinary plot twists, but it's the drama that makes Full Moon so excelling. Everything is just so depressing, yet when the series wraps up, everything is just so ecstatic. The 12 episodes before the last are still either solid or excellent, but not even those 12 episodes combined can amount to the greatness and glory of the last episode. If there's any other method of emphasizing how great the ending is, I'll do it, but that'll just be annoying.

The fillers were set out to build up everyone's characters for the amazing ending, but I personally feel they could have done a better job. Maybe if they did otherwise, it would only detract from the ending, but couldn't they have found a way around Mitsuki's annoying character? Mitsuki delivers way too much of these single speech wonders, and it got repetitive fast. Takuto loves to fly off after he gets pissed off of Mitsuki's admiration for Eichi. Meroko was the only character that was all around the most likeable, since she wasn't annoying. The supporting characters, Ooshige, the manager of Full Moon, and Wakaouji, Mitsuki's doctor, are quite ironically, better than the characters they're supporting. Despite it's amazing ending, this aspect of the anime still cannot be overlooked.

While this is a music anime, the anime was kind of taken away because of it. I refuse to believe that one would gain an unbelievable amount of strength because they hear someone singing, which Mitsuki does from time to time during perfectly set up deus ex machina spots. One may be inspired because of it, but it's just ridiculous. The songs themselves are pretty great presented by personal new favourite band Changin' My Life, and the musical tunes do a wonderful job of complimenting the atmosphere, ranging from upbeat and happy to depressing and morbid. A lot of people seem to bag on the animation, but I really don't know what there is to bag on. Good animation all around; the only complaint I could possible have is if they did better.

I'm a person who will forgive the crappy episodes of an anime series, and review it with only the intent of keeping in mind the good episodes. Only exception is Naruto, and well, this. If the fillers were shortened, then maybe I'd consider forgiving the first 30 episodes, but when it consumes more than half the anime to build up for the ending, it just can't be overlooked. Yes, the astonishing ending is thanks to the fillers, but the fillers itself were just mediocre after mediocre with an ocassional good one here and there. Though I can say that it's more than worth enduring 30 episodes of average filler, just to get bewildered by the last episode.
  • This anime is a romantic comedy (i have a thing for these animes) and it is soooo heart felt!

:tear:
    So sad, I love it so much. What surprised me was the amazing ability of the show to acutally make me like Takuto and Meroko despite thier hideous outfits, lol. I grew to love them at the end which ---spoiler----

made it so much harder when meroko left, but at the same time it was happy, omg, so confusing. anyways, this anime has so much heart and love just can\'t put in words... LOVE IT!
    Must watch in Jap with subs! Thats just the rule!
    takuto + mitsuki yeah!
  • This episode was the best!Because of it I have becomed a fan of the show!

This episode was great!And...It was really sad...
    I was crying when I watched it...I'm still cryng as we speak!This episode is the best!But it was kinda obvious that Eichi is dead though...Still it very good(not good excellent!!!)It was so sad so dramatic!I really really loved it.Today I have becomed a fan of the show.Now I'm going to watch more episodes and use up a box of tissues.
  • Just get past the unintentional swear word in the title, and you get an excellent anime series.

Pros: great animation; cute characters; wonderful music; deep emotional story; nice balance between comedy and drama

Cons: Mitsuki's hair style looks silly; the fact that the title has the word "s#it" in it

Mitsuki Kouyama is a 12-year-old girl who loves to sing. However, not only does her grandmother forbid her from doing activities that involve music, but Mitsuki also has a sickness called sarcoma. She has a tumor in her throat, preventing Mitsuki from realizing her dream of becoming a singer. To top it all off, two Shinigami (god of death) come and tell Mitsuki that she only has one year left to live. Now with no regrets, Mitsuki wants to fulfill her dream of becoming a singer and express her love to her friend in America, Eichi. So, the Shinigami pair of Takuto and Meroko decide to help Mitsuki achieve her goal by transforming her into a healthy 16-year-old version of herself. When Mitsuki gets a break, she enters the music business under her stage name, "Full Moon."

The show's bright animation makes for cute-looking and interesting characters. Also, the series has a nice balance between good-quality comedy and soap-opera drama.

As you can imagine, since "FMWS" is about a girl who sings J-Pop love ballads, the music mostly consists of, well... J-Pop love ballads. Fortunately, these songs are a real treat to listen to, and the non-love-ballad songs sound pretty good too.

Even with the main character having a ridiculous hair style and the fact that the title has the word "s#it" in it, there is absolutely nothing wrong about this show. So, there's really no reason to not watch "FMWS." It's no wonder that this series is arguably one of the best anime EVER.
  • this show is about hopes and dreams of a 12 year old girl who one day dreams of becoming a singer,but there is a problem she has a tomer in her throught..this show is full of great effects and beautiful music.

i love this show it is a very emotional one i cried and laughed,its plain beautiful,i highly recommand it...its full of hopes and dreams,also sadness,but i recomand it to everyone for you to see.the music is beautifl and greatly sung,i asure you you will be hooked just by watching the first episode...
  • If you're looking for a great anime, this anime might be for you! This anime has a good balance of emotional moments and hilarious moments. I would recommend this anime to anyone since it's one of my five most favorites!

This is one of the few animes that I enjoy that isn't based around action or adventure. This anime might seem like it will only appeal to younger children. I don't believe this as it has very strong themes included in it. They have many emotional moments like when Mitsuki gets very sick and almost dies. But despite all the sadness, Full Moon wo Sagashite has some very funny moments. An example might be Meroko's love for Takuto but Takuto is always uninterested. Mitsuki, Takuto and Meroko make one hilarious group of friends. Another reason why this is such a great anime is that the characters actually mature with each new experience unlike other anime where the characters are the same at the beginning and end. I think this has to be one of my most personal favorites since it touched my heart in so many ways and not many animes have that potential. The music is very beautiful and they all have meaning to them. I think this anime deserves to be ranked very high because of it's great storyline and themes. Some people might disagree with me but I still think this is one of the best animes anyone could choose to watch.