Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Bite of the Ant

Aired Sunday 12:00 AM May 01, 2011 on Adult Swim

• The true form of Envy is truly an enviable being. Edward is still nowhere to be seen, and Hohemheim appears as a soup worker.

It's definitely due to the original (but not original) FullMetal Alchemist that this series is fun to watch. No lack of action scenes, a good sense of horror in a realistic fashion (at least regarding homunculi), and addictive character development.

Highlights:
    - the baby human leftover on Envy's body grappling with Marcoh's body - sickening, but fantastic. Marcoh owning Envy was also very cool; we wouldn't have to continue watching Dr. Marcoh with him as just a side character.
    - Wrapping up Mei's side story was pretty cool. I have a feeling that won't be the end of Envy though...

There are definitely quite a lot of independent arcs with each group of characters, and sometimes it's a little frustrating not knowing what Lin and Lan are doing right now. Edward's lack of appearance is self-explanatory, though.

Hohemheim is becoming a favorite character. We're seeing his human side (no pun intended, Father Homunculus.) and Alphonse's reaction to seeing him.

Looking forward to the next episode, very very much. 9.0.