Futurama

A Clockwork Origin

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 12, 2010 on Comedy Central

7.8
  • A good episode with an interesting futuristic take on evolution/creationism

"A Clockwork Origin"

Grade: B

So here is Futurama's futuristic take on the missing link and the theory of evolution/creationism. Is it any good, yes it is! The episode was entertaining, but a little shaky in parts during the first act. The evolution proving part with the Professor and Dr Banjo was perhaps dragged out a little too long, but other than that, most of the first act was good, and there were some funny jokes and references in there. The episode gets better once they get onto the planet with the robotic dinosaurs, as the jokes pop up and work more often, and its more memorable due to the animation and well placed quotes during the dinosaur/robot encounters.

As for the rest, I thought the subplot with Zoidberg and Cubert was quite good, though it doesn't really have a full conclusion, ending with a quick quote to end the subplot, but both Zoidberg and Cubert come out with some funny moments. Other things I liked were the courtroom scene with Bender in those suspenders, but like I said, most of the jokes were in the 2nd act, but it's still good enough to give the episode an 8.5 out of 10, and I personally thought it was an interesting take on evolution/creationism.