Futurama

A Fishful of Dollars

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 27, 1999 on Comedy Central

• great episode

Here is my review for the Futurama episode "A Fishful of Dollars". It's a good episode with a lot of money involved. I like the opening for this episode very much. It opens up with Fry trying to sleep, but the sound of springs from next door keeps him awake. We all assume that it is the sound of a couple making out on a bed; but as it would turn out, it was actually the sound of two robots with springy bodies playing poker (I even like the way Fry shouts out "Give it a rest, you two!" at them). Anyway, about the episode, Fry learns that his bank account had quadroupled while he was frozen for a thousand years. He also learns that his favorite pizza topping, anchovies, were extinct because of them being fished to death by Dr. Zoidbergs' race. Luckily, with some of his money, he buys the last remaining can in existence at an auctioning meet. Mom, a powerful yet old business owner, is after the anchovies because she learns about anchovy DNA being extracted can be used as a special type of robot oil. She has her three sons trick Fry into giving them his account number and causing him to be bankrupt. Mom then shows up to Fry to ask how much he wants to pay for the anchovies, but Fry refuses and tells her that he is going to use the anchovies to put on a pizza and "share the food he loves with the people he likes". A really good episode to watch.