Futurama

A Leela of Her Own

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 07, 2002 on Comedy Central

7.6
  • One of the best in the entire series.

When Leela is signed to the New New York Mets, she is thrilled to be the first female major league blernsball player. Drawing huge crowds at the games, Leela believes she is an inspirational role model to all women. What she doesn't realize is, she has such a following because she is the worst blernsball player to ever play the game.

This episode is one of the best episodes in the entire series because of its great comedy that never kept me from laughing. This is a must see for all fans of baseball!!! Why would you rate this episode so low?
  • great episode

Leela becoming a Blernsball player was a good idea, Leela becoming the worst Blernsball player in the history of the sport... that's a brilliant idea. Although there aren't too many laugh out loud moments, there were some memorable scenes such as the disgusting pizzas and ingredients that the aliens make and Leela's vow to become the best blernsball player of all time, only to realise that that's statistically impossible and decides to become not the worst player of all time. Jackie Anderson becoming the first woman to play the sport well was a great ending to a fairly decent episode. I give it a 9.6 overall
  • Leela is a blernsball player for the New New York Mets and is thrilled to be known as the first female national league blernsball player

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Futurama". My score was just a tad low because it wasn't my favorite episode and I kinda didn't like how the episode ended. This episode was still excellent and very enjoyable though. Leela signing up to be a blernsball player for the New New York Mets was cool and it was also cool that Leela is known as the first female national league blernsball player. Fry, Leela, and Bender going to that new pizza restaurant across the street and those aliens making a freaky pizza was funny. The aliens wanting to have a normal life on Earth and Fry teaching the aliens how to make real pizza. Bender's lines were very funny in this episode as well. I forgot the name but Leela was training with that blernsball player and I thought it was good since Leela is known as the worst female blernsball player in the world. That Jackie character also telling Leela is a bad influence got me mad also because I didn't like how got mad at Leela but I kinda let that slide. Everything in this episode was almost perfect. As I mentioned in the beginning of this review, I kinda didn't like how this episode ended because Leela is still known as the worst femal blernsball player in the whole world. The ending was kinda sad but kinda got me mad at the same time. Overall, an excellent episode of "Futurama" but it's not my favorite episode. 9.5/10

• This is a sweet episode.

This is a sord of funny episode. Leela becomes the first woman to play blernsball.

Leela is playing blernsball and she really sucks. She keeps hitting the batter. She draws a huge crowd. The guy who owns the New York Mets makes Leela a professional blernsball player. They only put her in when there losing and everybody is leaving. She does a bunch of commercials. Then she is signing autograph at a library. A really good almost professional blernsball player. She yells at Leela because she sucks so much. Leela decides to not be the worst blernsball player of all time. All she has to do is get one person out. She doesn't get anyone out, but she doesn't feel bad because she inspipred people to not do as badly as her.

I give this episode a 9.4 out of 10.
  • Leela unknowingly gains an undeserved reputation in this piece of kitsch.

The owner of the New New York Mets approaches Leela and convinces her to join the team. As the Mets' first female pitcher, she beans batters because she has only one eye. This draws crowds who appear to be cheering for her. Later on, she tells Fry that the people in the stands are actually cheering AT her. She and Fry pay a visit to the Blernsball Hall of Fame and meet Hank Aaron XXIV, a descendant of the original Hank Aaron, Major League Baseball's home run king until August 7, 2007. On that day, Barry Bonds hit his 756th career homer, breaking Aaron's record. Hank Aaron XXIV teaches Leela to keep her eye off the ball. Eventually, she throws two strikes to Jackie Anderson. The third pitch results in a grand slam. The Mets lose. Leela ends up in the Blernsball Hall of Fame as the worst blernsball player.
  • Leela is signed be the New New York Mets.

A scout spots Leela playing blernsball for Planet Express and immediately signs her up to play for the New New York Mets. Leela has a ability to hit the batter with each pitch that she throws.

Leela's pitching starts to pull in big crowds even though the team is on a huge losing streak, she believes that she is being a good role model for other women wanting to play the sport. Leela is shocked when she is approached by Jackie Anderson, a female blernsball player who actually plays the sport well. Jackie begs Leela to retire as she is harming the chances of other female blernsballs players.
  • Introduction of the New New York Mets

• Lela becomes a baseball player for the New New York Mets, but finds that she might not have the arm for playing in the major leauges.

After helping an alien couple adjust to living on Earth, the gang ends up playing a game of Blernsball. Lela refusing to admit that she can't pitch for her life beans alien after alien. People in the park begin to take notice and show their love for her inablity to pitch. The owner of the New New York Mets signs her to be a player (as a stunt for making money) which lela is still proud of being the first women to play blernsball. Becoming a crowed faviort soon makes lela realize that she will be going down in history. Unforuntaly it is for the worst blernsball player in history. Seeking out the help of Hank Aarron XXIV she finaly gets a stike. Although she almost strikes out opposing batter, she manages to still go down as the worst player in history. A great episode what any mets fan will love and any baseball fan will truly understand and find very funny.
WGNAMER