Futurama

Amazon Women in the Mood

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 04, 2001 on Comedy Central

• Leela and Amy go on a doubledate with Zapp and Kif, until zapp ruins it and they land on a planet, where fry and bender later get captured, filled with large amazonian women led by a "femputer". The three non-robot males are sentenced to death by "snusnu"

This episode is funny, mostly for no reason, it's just so darn funny, like the scene where Zapp sings "lola" at karaoke night to win leela's, which is a great example of irony if you know the song, or the sequence where fry, zapp, and kif are sentenced to death by crushed pelvises, which they(fry,zapp) want to die from, by sleeping with the giant amazons until they get killed. This episode is one that should not missed.
  • Hilarious

Fry, Bender, Zap, Kif, Amy and Leela get stuck on a planet ruled by tall amazonian woman. When the guys mock them, their ruler, a femputer, sentences all of them to death... by snu-snu!

This is easily one of their funniest episodes, I certainly think so. It has an OK plot, and usually the plot matters more to me than the humor, but this episode is so funny I make it an exception. Surely it is a hilarious episode and I like it a whole lot, one of my tops for the series, my overall grade is an A+, perfect
  • Death... by snu snu!

A great episode, and the beginning of the relationship between Amy and Kif, my second favorite couple in the show. Of course, my first favorite couple in the show is Fry and Leela. I was laughing through the whole episode, and I really loved it from beginning to end. It was a clever idea, and a great way to start a relationship.

Kif asks Amy out on a date, and it turns out to be a double date with Zapp and Leela. The restaurant that they are in crashes into an Amazonian planet inhabited by woman, and it is up to Fry and Bender to save the four of them.
  • Hilarious a lot of characters had me laughing at points.

This is a hilarious episode and some hilarious parts are when Kiff was reading Zapp's advice notebook to impress Amy and he read out loud to Amy if I said you had a beautiful body would take off your pants and dance around a little and I find the most erotic part of a woman the boobies and when Fry and Zapp where happy about death by snoo snoo but Kiff was horrified and Zapp said what are you gay Also it was hilarious when Kiff was saying how he meet Amy to Zapp and after he is finished Zapp acts interested and Kiff says I'm finished sir and it was very funny when Kiff was singing and when Zapp wanted to sing he just out of no where pushed Kiff out of the way. Overall a very funny episode that I highly recommend.
  • Zap crash lands everyone on a planet of Amazons.

Zap and Kif go on a double (actually Leela calls it a 1 and a half) date with Leela and Amy. They go to a restaurant that circles the earth. Zap insists that Kif use his book of lines for talking to Amy. The lines are so lame and sexist that Amy wants to end the date early. Zap thinks he can rescue the disastrous date by flying the restaurant to a secluded area. He promptly crashes the ship on a planet of amazon women that don't like men. Fry and Bender come to the rescue, but also get caught by the women...
  • funny episode

I have to say that this is not only my all time favorite episode of Futurama, but I think that it is the greatest Futurama episode ever made. The story goes that Kif is basically trying to confess his love to Amy, but of course, he is to scared to actually ask her out on a date. So one thing leads to another and Kif, Zap, Amy, and Leela all end up going out on a date on some flying restaurant. Of course, Zap ends up crashing the entire restaurant in some underdeveloped planet that consists of Amazonian woman, that are very, ummmmm......horny.
    So, Fry and Bender race off to try to save Leela and Amy, only to be captured, along with Zap and Kif by the Amazon's. At this point the story starts to get very interesting by the fact that they get sentenced to Death. But in the one way that a man wants to die, by Snoo Snoo.
    Some of the funniest parts of this episode was when Fry and Zap find out that all the men on the planet died from "crushed Pelvises". I believe Fry's exact comment was "Oh sweet God thank you". Another part was when you can actually hear all the guys going at it with the Amazons, where at first there in terrible pain, to the next moment when it like sweet life has once again blessed them with some, ungodly gift.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with this episode in any sense of what it is trying to portray, or what it even does. It is one of the funniest Cartoon's I have ever seen in my life and I hope that if you have not seen this episode yet, even if you don't like Futurama, please just watch this episode, because believe me, you will laugh your A$$ off.
  • Death by snu snu. So funny in so many ways. You definately want to see this episode.

Amy has been receiving phone calls consisting only of panting and gasping since last year. The calls are from Kif Kroker, who is consumed by love for Amy but finds himself unable to speak to her due to his nervousness and shyness. When Zapp realizes that Amy and Leela know each other, he decides to go on a double date: Kif with Amy and Zapp with Leela.

Leela agrees to the date as a favor to Amy and the four go to a fashionable restaurant on board a space liner. When Kif takes Zapp's idiotic advice about seducing women, Amy storms off from the table. Forlorn, Kif gets onstage to participate in karaoke and sing a heartfelt rendition of Bonnie Tyler's 1983 hit song "Total Eclipse of the Heart". The gesture touches Amy, but Zapp quickly hijacks the stage and launches into a performance of "Lola", substituting "Leela" for the eponymous love interest of the original song, that sends the passengers and crew of the ship jumping ship in terror. Zapp insists he can steer the restaurant-ship home, but proceeds to crash it into planet Amazonia. The four are captured by the Amazonians, a race of tall, muscular, tribal women.

After hearing about the crash, Fry and Bender take off in the Planet Express Ship to find Leela and Amy. They make their way to the Amazonian's city and are also captured. The Amazonians decide to take the men to their leader, the Femputer (played by Beatrice Arthur), a huge, wall-sized computer reminiscent of ENIAC.

After learning that the previous men on the planet died of crushed pelvises, the men are sentenced by the Femputer to death by "snu-snu", which results in mixed feelings in Fry and Zapp (sadness at their impending death and happiness in the method in which it happens). Bender is released, as he is not technically a man but a man-bot and therefore cannot be punished by snu-snu. Fry, Zapp, and Kif are taken to the snu-snu chambers and stripped to their underpants. Kif is taken first because the Amazonian women find him the most attractive. Kif tells Amy that Zapp gave him the lecherous pick-up lines and that he was the one who kept calling Amy and not speaking. Leela sends Bender to (unwillingly) reprogram the Femputer. Although Bender initially refuses, a few angry words of Cantonese and a twisted arm from Amy changes his mind. He sneaks into the Femputer's chamber and attempts to reprogram it (which he does at first by means of a lead pipe), and he finds that the Femputer is actually a computer operated by a fembot.

Amy sneaks into Kif's snu-snu chamber on a pair of stilts, in order to pass as an Amazonian. She grabs him and flees with him in her arms, but the Amazonians chase them back to the Femputer's chamber. Bender is inside, making out with the fembot. Two voices come from the Femputer, which confuses the Amazonians. After a short while, the Fembot and Bender convince the Amazonians to release all their captives (and give them lots and lots of gold). Back on Earth, Fry and Zapp receive treatment for their severe pelvic injuries. After Fry and Zapp comment about their experience (which they concur with Bender as "the best mission ever"), Kif asks Amy what the two could do next. Amy whispers something to Kif and the episode fades out to the heavy breathing that Kif had made to Amy in his phone calls.
  • A bad dates gets even worse when Amazons are involved.

I thought this episode was hillarious. The dialogue was as funny as the physical comedy. I also found the little womenly touches amusing, like how the PA system was by "Sonya." I really liked how the Amazons talked like the stereotypical cave man and yet they were still talking about the same kind of girly things that women usually talk about. The reactions of the men's faces was hysterical when they learned of their fate and it was even more hysterical leaning of Kif's fate. It was such a sweet moment when Kif revealed his feelings for Amy and it was sweet the way Amy then rescued him. This is one of my favorite episodes to watch and it's still giggle-worthy every time.
  • Ah, this is what this show's about.

This episode was just absolutely hilarious from beginning to end. There was some nice emotion and ongoing plot with Kif and Amy, but it remained a total comedy show. Zapp Brannigan always brings something wonderful to any episode, and this is him at his very best, with his chat-up lines ("If I said you had a beautiful body would you take off your pants and dance around a little") and the fantastic song. And Morbo singing was cool too. Loved the little flashback to 'A Flight to Remember', great to see some continuity there. The stuff on the Amazon planet was equally brilliant. Something about enourmous primitive women spewing feminism was just very funny. The guys being complete jerks was good too. 'Death by snu-snu' was, of course, fantastic, as was Bender's discovery of the Femputer's real identity. The way Bender and the Fembot saved the crew carried a nice little message as well: The differences between men and women were (hilariously) shown up in this ep, but everything works better when we just forget them. Loved the way this was brought up and kind of negated later on. Oh, and it's always great to have a Zoidberg subplot, that's the thing he shines at. Extremely enjoyable.
  • An other great fine installment of futurama.

This episode can be confusing at times, but still funny. Stuff like "snoo-snoo" and "femputer" were awesine hi lites of the episode, and stuff that Fry and Zap say are funny, like with the Women's Basketball fundementals. I laughed so hard when Zap was laughing. It also had a great plot line, with stuff changing for one to an other, and you wouldn't really guess that Kif calling 10 times a day, would lead to them being stuck on a planet full or giant women. The episode was vert original and jokes were awesome. Fry and Zap learned a valuable leson, and so did Kif. Episode's like this make Futurama awesome.
  • The classification might be misleading, but what I'm trying to say is that this episode was just so freakin funny that I was literally in tears.

10/10 :)
  • Death by snu-snu.

While Zapp and Kiff are on a double date with Leela and Amy. Zapp Brannigan crashes the restraunt down onto the surface of an 'uncharted' planet. Kif later explains that the planet is not uncharted, Zapp just lost the chart.

The inhabitants of the planet, a race of giant women are without any men on their planet. Here Fry, Bender and Zapp have a field day with their non stop sexist jokes.

The men are sentenced to death by snu-snu (sex). The reactions of the men are really funny going from one extreme to the next, Oh no I'm going to die, woohoo I'm going to have snu-snu. Zapp even admonishes Kif when he cringes at the sentence of death by snu-snu. Very funny stuff.
  • Introduction of Amazonia

"I sentence you to death...by Snoo snoo."
    The way Futurama can make up a word like snoo snoo and use it frequently in an episode is what separates it from other shows. This is a very memorable episode with great characters such as Zapp Brannigan and the new characters, the Amazonians. The ending is hilarious ("Do you know what it's like being a fembot in a manputer's manbot's world"). I also like that Zapp refers to the planet as unchartered when in fact he just lost the chart. There are too many hilarious scenes to list but the one half date scene was definitely a good one, with Kif stupidly following Zapp's advice.
  • This was a great episode!

This was one of my favorite episodes of this show. It was funny, had a great story line, and had a great twist at the end when you find out the Femputer was a Fempot. It are episodes like this one that I love this show. Funny, Funny, Funny, and funny.
  • Funny!

ZappB.,Bender,Fry,Kip,Lila and Lisa Crashes to a amazon Planet full of Amazon Women who are Torturing The Men for Making fun of them and they are Getting Snoo Snoo [Sex] and bender was free because no thing and their robot Lord thing. Then they get Snoo Snooed. Well i can't say anything Anymore this episode was one of the funniest and Exiting. But Futruama has ended. well i will still be a fan of Futurama.i have no idea what i'm talking about...............
  • One of the funnies episodes ever!

The episode where Fry, Bender, Kipp, and good old Z.B. go to the Amazon planet inhabited by giant women is some of the funniest television I have ever seen. There are some memorable moments and quotes that made this series an absolute jewl.

When all of the men trespass on this womenized plantet they are all sentenced to death by "Snoo Snoo" (sex) and Fry responds by saying, "I never thought I would go this way... but I have always hoped!" I laughed so much. I am bummed that this hillarious show is no longer on the air. If you have never seen Futurama I recommend watching this episode. You will fall in love with all of the wonderful characters.