Futurama

Bendless Love

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2001 on Comedy Central

• Too forgettable.

This was a forgettable episode, and it didn't have me interested from start to finish like it should. I'm not sure if I liked it very much. It may be one of the worst episodes of Futurama. A romance between Bender and a fem-bot could have been a great episode, but they could have done a lot more with it. I don't think I recommend this episode to many people, unless they are a die hard fan like I am.

After Bender causes mayhem at Planet Express by bending things, he goes to bend things for a living to get the need out of him. It is there he meets a fem-bot that he falls in love with, only to compete with Flexo for her love.
  • funny episode

I got to say this was one of best episodes of futurama. Bender has bending issues. He begins to sleep bend, He bends everything in his way; He bent a small tree, a girder, the profesor, a seat cussion, and even the sequrity camera. The delivery crew couldn't be any stupider, they were trying to figure out who was bending everything and they didn't know it was bender even when they knew he was programed to bend things. The best part was when Bender tries to kill Flexo, just to win win the love a fembot. while they're fighting clamps drops an unbendable girder on Flexo. I liked that Bender bent the unbendable girder just so that the fembot-who acctully loved Flexo-would be happy. I think this was the only noble thing Bender has ever done; And that is why i liked this episode. It really moved me.
  • Great!

After sleep-bending the Planet Express inventory and crew, Bender has to leave for a new job at a bending factory. There he falls in love with a female coworker named Anglelyne. I really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The robot mafia's appearance was much better here than in "Bender Gets Made", not to mention Flexo was in better form than he was in "Lesser of Two Evils. I thought this episode was cute because Bender is rarely in that deep of love.

This episode was not one of the best, but it did have a lot of funny lines and it deserves a bit more than a 70%. So I'm giving it a 5 to bring it up a bit.
  • Bender causes mayhem and finds love.

Things around the office are getting bent, literally. When the Professor is bent, they check the security cameras and find out that Bender is sleep-bending. They tell Bender to get bending items out of his system before he comes back to work. Bender goes to a factory and cleverly gets through a picket line and goes to work as a scab in the factory. There he meets Flexo again and Anglelyne. Bender instantly falls for Anglelyne and they begin to go out together. Bender find out that Flexo and Anglelyne used to be married and starts to suspect that Anglelyne is....
  • I never really fell in love with this episode from the start.

After an overly dramatic takeoff results in an inelegant crash onto the streets of New New York, Leela discovers that the Planet Express ship's essential L-unit has been straightened. After discovering that other objects in the office (including Professor Farnsworth) have been bent, suspicion naturally turns to Bender. In order to confirm their suspicions, Hermes plays the security tape from the night before, which shows Bender sleep-bending. The professor sends Bender away to satisfy his psychological need for bending.

Bender gets hired at a bending plant as a scab worker during a strike, and discovers that Flexo, who was sent to prison in Bender's place in a previous episode, is also employed as a scab. Also working at the factory is a solidly-built fembot named Angleyne. Bender quickly develops an affection for Angleyne, and they begin dating. Their relationship goes well, until Bender discovers that Angleyne and Flexo were previously married and then divorced, and that they may still be affectionate.

In an attempt to discover Angleyne's true feelings, Bender disguises himself as Flexo, and meets her at an orbital night club. While there, Bender flashes the wad of cash he has made as a strikebreaker, which angers the members of the Robot Mafia who are present. Bender (as Flexo) succeeds in seducing Angleyne, and rushes off to kill Flexo.

Bender arrives at the bending plant where Flexo is working the night shift, and starts a fight. Meanwhile in the crane control booth, Clamps of the Robot Mafia moves an unbendable girder into position above Bender and Flexo. Because they don't know that Bender was disguised as Flexo, the Robot Mafia wants Flexo dead for Bender's monetary indiscretions.

Clamps releases the girder, which crushes Flexo. Angleyne confesses that she still loves Flexo, and Bender decides that her happiness is more important than his, and resolves to save Flexo by bending the unbendable girder. After a mighty struggle, he frees Flexo, earning Angleyne's appreciation, but not her love. Having satisfied his need for bending, Bender returns to his job at Planet Express. However, he didn't bend the Professor back to his right angle.
  • This is probably the most singularly forgettable episode ever.

It's just standard Bender ep fare, with some funny stuff but little plot and nothing particularly interesting happening. The first scenes with Bender bending everything in sight were funny, and the Professor's sideways state was very amusing, but not much else to remark on. We got a completely pointless return of the Robot Mafia (who really aren't that funny) and a really uninteresting guest character (Angeline), who really didn't bring much to the ep. Flexo's reappearance was OK I guess, and his "Naw, I'm just kidding. I'm quite annoyed" line was funny. Not really much more to say, very unremarkable. This is probably the most singularly forgettable episode ever.
  • Bender tells the story of his birth, finds and loses love while satisfying his need to bend. The professor finds and loses a new "angle" on life.

After a number of items around the office are found bent, it is revealed Bender has been "sleep bending", which causes him to tell the story of his creation, and that he is 4 years old. This causes Lila to exclaim, "Bender has a pent up need to bend that's not being satisfied by his bend-less lifestyle." When Bender finds the other benders out on strike, he also finds he can make 10-times the normal rate and crosses the line. Here Flexo returns as the scab-foreman. He also meets a love-interest, Angaline. A courtship montage ensues, but when Bender takes the crew out to celebrate he sees Flexo and Angaline having a romantic dinner. When he confronts them the pair tells Bender they are divorced but trying to remain friends. He is stewing over it when Lila tells him to be honest and tell her how he feels. Fry's response is "yea, either that or be a man." There is a scene cut and Fry says "Ok, I've constructed an elaborate lie" and explains his plan to pose as Flexo to catch her in the act - but with him. Then he woes her as the perfect combination of the 2 of them and when she falls for him decides he must kill Flexo. While they were out the mob sees Bender (as Flexo) flashing money around and decides that as a scab he is insulting them as they have ties to the union. Thus they decide to get him and drob an unbendable girder on Flexo. Bender must bend this to save him, which he does with some help of "bengay." Angeline decides she is in love with Flexo and Bender reports to the group later that "they had sex right there on the factory floor. Bender had bent the professor during his "sleep bending" and the professor has found a new, happier outlook that the rest of the group has gotten very annoyed with. At the end bender bends him so his head is behind his feet, which makes him sad, and although it isn't what the group wanted they decide it was good enough.
  • Futurama the space/soap opera.

After suffering from a bout of sleep-bending due to his built up need to bend, Bender seeks work as a bender to sate his needs.

Working as a scab, Bender meets up with Flexo again who also works at the factory. But Bender falls head over heels for Angelyne, a fembot working along side him.

The two begin dating and Bender soon discovers that she is Flexo's ex wife. Fearing she still has feelings for ex husband, Bender pretends to be Flexo to determine her true feelings. Unfortunately for Bender his plan backfires and Anglyne rediscovers her true feelings she has for Flexo.
  • Bender Vs. Flexo! Who will win?

• Introduction of Angeline

This episode brings back both the characters of Flexo and the robot mafia, and is very well written. Farnsworth's new outlook on life after Bender bends him is hilarious as is everything else Bender sleepbends. Bender rebending him the wrong way so that Farnsworth's head is at his feet is a great ending because the crew doesn't mind since Farnsworth is still upset and negative. Angeline was a good robot character and Flexo being Angeline's ex-husband is hilarious. Bender pretending to be Flexo was a great scene and this leads to the mafia assuming Flexo is Bender and attempt to off him. A cool episode that is very enjoyable.