Futurama

Brannigan Begin Again

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 28, 1999 on Comedy Central

• Zapp Brannagain Episode

In this episode, Zapp Brannagain and his lower ranking helper, Kiff Croker, are discharged from working after they destory the headquarters of DOOP. They are then bums for a while, untill they come work for Planet Express. Zapp, however, immediately causes trouble by, harassing Leela, and continually being unhelpful. Then, in the middle of a delivery, Zapp convinces the crew to mutany (hope I spelled that right) against Leela, sending them lost into the depths of spcae. Will they survive? I thought it was pretty good and filled with funny moments, like the court scene. Overall, a good episode worth watching. 9.5/10 A
  • Forgettable

I have only seen this once or twice and I think most of it is pretty forgettable. Now that doesn't automatically mean it is a bad episode, it just means I need to rewatch it. I do remember liking some of it like when Zap told Fry and Bender to mutiny against Leela, but that's about the only thing I remember that made me laugh, so it is definitely due for a rewatch. My grade is about a C or so, but it may or may not rise to above, depending on how i feel after my rewatch takes place.
  • Funny

This episode was great, Zapp Brannigan gets fired from his job, as does Kif, because they blew up a rather expensive space station where they were supposed to cut the ribbon at the opening ceremony, and they do so with a laser on the highest deathly proportions. So to make up for this, they go to work in Planet Express, however their work there seems unacceptable for the job, but soon are kicked, and they earn their rights to duty again when Leela goes along with Zapp's fake story, even the stuff that didn't make sense. Again, a great episode, a good streak of decent episodes of Futurama...
  • It was alright.

Personally, I didn't like the plot of this episode that much. I also did not like Zapp Brannigan and his jokes, they weren't as funny as they were in Love's Labours Lost in Space. The episode's plot seemed force, and the only truly hilarious part was the end, when Leela said, "Let's mutiny," and that was only because it had a very 'here we go again' feeling to it, which was very funny.

The famous Zapp Brannigan accidentally blows up the DOOP headquarters, and he and his assistant, Kif Kroker, are decommisioned from DOOP. They work for Planet Express, much to Leela's dismay.
  • brannigan looses rank and wants it back

In this episode the crew has to deliver the oversized scissors to the new DOOP headquarters,but when they get there Zapp Brannigan arrests them because he thought were going to assasinate people from Nylar 4.So while they are all in Zapp's ship they call him to cut the ribbon to open the new headquarters,but instead of going down there to do it he decides to cut it with his ships lazer.After he blows up the headquarters he gets decomissioned along with his 2nd in command,Kif Kroker.So after Zapp gets fired they both begin working at Planet Express which is where Leela works.
  • Zap is fired.

The Planet Express crew must deliver a package to the new D.O.O.P. opening of their new building. Zap Brannigan seizes the package and declares them criminals. Once on board his ship he sees the Grand Councilwoman waiting on someone to cut the ribbon for the grand opening. Zap uses the ships lasers for a disastrous and hilarious result. Zap and Kif are fired from there job with the D.O.O.P. space fleet and now they must find real jobs. After a short stint on the streets, Zap goes to Planet Express thinking that Leela is sure to help him out in his time of need....
  • Zapp's stupidy is best exlempified in this episode... SO funny in SO many ways.

The Planet Express crew arrives at the new Democratic Order of Planets (D.O.O.P.) headquarters in orbit around the Neutral Planet, in order to deliver the oversized scissors for the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Zapp Brannigan interrogates them, thinking they are assassins, but he shortly thereafter destroys the entire station by attempting to use the Nimbus' laser to cut the ribbon.

At the former D.O.O.P. headquarters in Weehawken, New Jersey Brannigan is court-martialed and he and Kif Kroker are stripped of their titles and dismissed from D.O.O.P. service, the latter being dismissed after Brannigan unjustly points to him as the true guilty party. Unable to find employment, the pair wander the streets until they finally arrive at the Planet Express building. Leela tries to turn them away, but Professor Farnsworth decides hiring Brannigan would be good for the company's public image.

The augmented crew is sent to deliver pillows to a hotel on Stumbos 4, a high-gravity planet. Despite Leela's order to deliver one at a time, Fry, Bender, and Zapp decide to deliver all the pillows at once, which in the intense gravity causes the hover dolly to collapse. As punishment, Leela orders them to deliver the pillows by hand, which causes resentment among the crew.

Fry, Bender, and Zapp stage a mutiny against Leela, and lock her in the 'laundry brig'. Brannigan decides to attack the Neutral Planet, thinking this will make him a hero and get him reinstated as a D.O.O.P. captain. When Fry and Bender discover the plan is a suicide mission, they free Leela; and she retakes command.

After returning to Earth, Leela testifies that Brannigan was an amazing hero; so the D.O.O.P. will reinstate him, and thus keep him out of her life for a little while longer.
  • this is one my top 5 favorite episodes

the episode starts off when the planet express crew has deliver a dair siccors to the new doop headquaters where they arrested by zapp brannigan who is supposed to be cutting the ribbon but instead decides to cut it with his new super laser wicth destroys the doop headquaters and at the trail zapp is proscuted to the fullest extent and is stripped of his rank as captain and so is kiff the nex scene goes to zapp and kiff adjusting ton there new lifes as bums to the song from midnight cowboy zapp the asks leela if he can get hired as a delivery boy for planet express the professor excepts and sends them on a mission to a planet with exetremly high gravity leela instructs them to carry the pillows one at a time but they do not and are forced to carry them by hand they then decide to mutiny they then realize that that was bad idea and beg leela to be there captain she excepts and evertnigs back to normal
  • Things get worse...

In this episode the team(Leela,Fry, and Bender) has to deliver the oversized scissors to the DOOP headquarters. When they get there Zapp Brannigan arrests them because he thought that they were going to go assasinate the people in Nylar. While they are all in Zapp Brannigan ship they call him to cut the ribbon to open the new headquarters, but instead of using the big and oversized scissors, he decides to cut it with his ships lazer. After he tries too it end up terrable wrong and blows up the headquarters he gets decomissioned along with his 2nd person in command, Kif Kroker. So after Zapp Brannigan gets fired they both begin working at Planet Express.
  • An episode where i thought that Zapp Brannigan was really funny.

• Zapp becomes a member of the Planet Express team

After destroying a new space station Zapp Brannigan is discharged from the DOOP. He also implicates Kif in the matter who also suffers the same fate.

Unemployed the two drift the streets until they apply for jobs with Planet Express. While out on a mission Zapp incites Bender and Fry to mutiny and place him as their captain promising them a better deal under him. Meanwhile Kif turns out to be a very handy Lt for Leela but she is unable to put up with his constant whining of how Zapp has treated him.

After a successful mutinty, Zapp soon places the entire ship in danger. Fry and Bender return to Leela and beg her to help save the day.
  • Zapp Brannigan!

7.3
    "What makes a man turn neutral?" "Leela, does the company that made your bra also make a girdle?" Zapp's back, which in itself is worth four points. This episode has loads of great moments - Fry and Bender playing that Star Wars-esque game, Zapp cutting a ribbon using his ship's high powered laser, the beige alert, Kif pissing Leela off, and much, much more. This episode is so amazing that even Channel 4's inept editing wasn't enough to ruin it.
  • ZAPP!

Zapp Brannigan is one of the best characters ever in the history of television. I don't know where in the world matt Groening came up with him, but he is brilliant! I can't get enough of good 'ol Zapp!

This episode is about Zapp Brannigan getting stripped of his rank. In this episode, Zapp is just a normal person with no rank at all. But, Of course, Zapp is never normal, so he's just as funny as ever.

Zapp is the new captain for the planet express in this episode. But, soon, they realize he is not the captain they need. Then, they bring Leala back.

This is one of the best Futurama episodes out there! If you haven't already seen it, please find a way.

• Introduction of DOOP

This episode starred one of my favourite recurring characters, Zapp Brannigan and once again he brags about how he hooked up with Leela, in a courtroom no less. The judge was hilarious, repeatedly saying "I'm going to allow this" to the most outrageous requests. Zapp's hatred of the Neutrals is terrific, especially when he goes as far as steering the ship straight to the Neutral planet ("If I don't survive, tell my wife Hello"). I'll finish this review with 2 classic quotes from Bender and Zapp:

Zapp: Rock crushes scissors! But paper covers rock. And scissors cuts paper! Kif, we have a conundrum.
    Kif: (sigh)
    Zapp: Search them for paper! And...bring me a rock!

Leela: Oh no! He's disabled the steering! We're gonna crash!
    Bender: Leela, save me! And yourself, I guess. And my banjo! (looks around) And Fry!

• Zapp Zapp Zapp!!!

Any episode with Zapp Branigan deserves a thumbs up from me.

I loved the way he was so intent on attacking the neutrals. It was just brilliant!!!

The court room scene early on in the episode was fantastic. When the judge kept saying "I'm going to allow this" I kept cracking up.

Then there was the montage with Zapp wearing a cowboy hat to a country song. That was very clever indeed.