Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Episode Ratings Drop

GuineaPirate

[1]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 8

Every time I come on here and look at the episode list, it seems the ratings for all the new episodes keep dropping. Rebirth used to be at a 9 and now it has an 8. All the other episodes are dropping too. I think "The Late Philip J. Fry" deserves at least a 9.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KurtPikachu2001

[2]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 11
    You mean ratings for the episode on this website, or TV ratings?

GuineaPirate

[3]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 8

I meant the user ratings here on this website.

Shikady

[4]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 13
    Who cares about the rating? I only read the reviews anyway. Ratings are so often manipulated by some nerd who either loves the show or hate it. With the reviews it happens too...but you can read what they post and you know what's a good review than a die hard fan review.

Anyway...it happened on Supernatural too...s2 finale had a 9.7 i think and this year some dude lowered ( and all the episodes rating all lowered too ) to 9.1 or 9.2 IDK. Some people complain but nothing happened...you can try tough.

BTW: anyone knows how to rate the episode with ratings such as 9.6, 9.7, 8.3...etc? I can only rate 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 and 10 for example...

dex073

[5]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 11
    same for how i met your mother, season 5 keeps having 7s or even less but the first 4 season were between 8.8 or 9.5, stupid nerd, but anyway it doesn't stop me from loving an episode

PsyduckRanger

[6]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 20
    Well it's obvious, some people simply give the episode a few really low scores (which in statistics are called outliers), which drag the average down quite a bit. All the ratings are averages of individual ratings from every individual who rates it. So, say three people give it a 9, the average is 9 (calculated as: (9x3)/3=9 ), but if one person then gives it a 1, the average drops to 7 (calculated as (9x3)+(1x1)/4=7 ).