Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Futurama Film to open in Theatres!

Samuel2484

[1]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    After Matt Groening's dream to bring Futurama back had finally come, Even though they have made Four Direct To DVD Feature Films, He still has a desire to make a Futurama Film that will open in Theatres. Any comments or ideas come to mind? Feel free to write something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Underdog121488

[2]Sep 20, 2009
    I think a live-action Futurama movie could be awesome.
    If it was done right.

I'd want it to start at the beginning though, with Fry getting frozen.

KingofIPirates

[3]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    Sounds it could be pretty good

Samuel2484

[4]Sep 21, 2009

Underdog121488 wrote:
    I think a live-action Futurama movie could be awesome. If it was done right. I'd want it to start at the beginning though, with Fry getting frozen.

I disagree, I've always thought that Futurama should be kept the way it is and not make it live-action. Because the Characters would be too different.

KurtPikachu2001

[5]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 11
    Even though there's new episodes on the way, a feature film will be awesome too!

letterstoiggy

[6]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    Samuel2484 wrote:

Underdog121488 wrote:
    I think a live-action Futurama movie could be awesome. If it was done right. I'd want it to start at the beginning though, with Fry getting frozen.

I disagree, I've always thought that Futurama should be kept the way it is and not make it live-action. Because the Characters would be too different.

plus the voices will be strange and not right

frosty_ice

[7]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 24
    I agree, a Live-action Futurama film would be a lousy idea. Keep it to animation and we'll have awonderful movie, just like happened with the Simpsons. Besides, it would be strange to see other actors doing the parts.

mowub

[8]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    The DVD movies have clearly shown that Futurama simply doesn't work when stretched to 90 minutes. I don't see how this is a good idea.

Samuel2484

[9]Sep 24, 2009

mowub wrote:
    The DVD movies have clearly shown that Futurama simply doesn't work when stretched to 90 minutes. I don't see how this is a good idea.

Well, The Simpsons did reach that level. Remember that the 4 "Direct to DVD" Features were a bit broken down each 30 minutes to a different topic ever so slightly because they knew they would be airing them as 4 episodes in each. But I still thought that if Futurama was not to come back afterwards, the Four Films were still a great way to end it all. Thank God it is coming back!

futuramarama

[10]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 37
    I want new episodes a lot, and a new movie? Hm, it seems interesting, of course it all depends on what the plot would be.

What would the rating be? Probably PG-13, I definitely can't see it being R.

KingBoo112

[11]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 14
    This is great! Just so very great!!!! I think it should be about all the futurama cast traveling back in time to Fry's time, and most of Fry's old friends will be revealed. If that's not a good idea, maybe it should be a movie crossover with The Simpsons (I always wanted a crossover ). Or if *THAT'S* not a good idea also, maybe Groening should just use his imagination.
    Edited on 10/11/2009 5:32am

Samuel2484

[12]Oct 11, 2009

KingBoo112 wrote:
    This is great! Just so very great!!!! I think it should be about all the futurama cast traveling back in time to Fry's time, and most of Fry's old friends will be revealed. If that's not a good idea, maybe it should be a movie crossover with The Simpsons (I always wanted a crossover ). Or if *THAT'S* not a good idea also, maybe Groening should just use his imagination.

:L I Like the Travelling back to Fry's Past Idea, I think that they've decided to keep the crossovers in the comics. So that you still get a story, but a crossover would destroy the idea that they are both in different Universes. Because from Futurama, The Simpsons are on TV and comic books, AND it is said in The Simpsons Game that their whole world is one big video game.

KingBoo112

[13]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 14
    Samuel2484 wrote:

KingBoo112 wrote:

:L I Like the Travelling back to Fry's Past Idea, I think that they've decided to keep the crossovers in the comics. So that you still get a story, but a crossover would destroy the idea that they are both in different Universes. Because from Futurama, The Simpsons are on TV and comic books, AND it is said in The Simpsons Game that their whole world is one big video game.

That's true. very true. But I bet there MIGHT be a cameo of a Simpsons character on the Futurama film. But lets all not get into that .

satchman16

[14]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    Into The Wild Green Yonder worked pretty well as a movie, Benders Big Score was good, the two in between, particularly the 2nd movie (the name escapes me right now), were terrible, even if viewed as individual episodes.

futuramarama

[15]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 37

satchman16 wrote:
    Into The Wild Green Yonder worked pretty well as a movie, Benders Big Score was good, the two in between, particularly the 2nd movie (the name escapes me right now), were terrible, even if viewed as individual episodes.

The second was titled "The Beast With A Billion Backs"

Edited on 10/22/2009 9:54am

Samuel2484

[16]Oct 22, 2009
    futuramarama wrote:

satchman16 wrote:

The second was titled "The Beast With A Billion Backs"

I thought that all of the "Straight to DVD" Films were fantastic apart from The Beast with a Billion Backs. Let was a bit of a "let-down" for me, but all of the others were so funny and had such great stories. Quite right too, because if it hadn't been for the Films, Futurama wouldn't have been Renewed.