Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Futurama Season 6 DVD Will Be Avaliable....

Sabrespongebob

[1]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 16

December 2010 it will include all the 12 episode and the 13th Seasonal episode (I got this info from an Interview I read from David X Cohen)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

startug

[2]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 23
    Which I am honestly disappointed about. I'm so used to getting production season DVD's. But ah well, maybe they'll fix that after the next season.

Samuel2484

[3]Sep 3, 2010

Well it was said that Season 6 altogether would be all the 26 episodes so I guess this will be part 1. I'm probably gonna wait a year until the full production season DVD Boxset is released because Iprefera full Season DVD. And the whole season DVD will be more special and have a betterFeaturettesstructure, which is the thing I'm most looking forward to. The Special Features and the Audio Commentaries.

Canada_Champ

[4]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 14
    Samuel2484 wrote:

Well it was said that Season 6 altogether would be all the 26 episodes so I guess this will be part 1. I'm probably gonna wait a year until the full production season DVD Boxset is released because Iprefera full Season DVD. And the whole season DVD will be more special and have a betterFeaturettesstructure, which is the thing I'm most looking forward to. The Special Features and the Audio Commentaries.

The Season 6 DVD set(that's probably what they'll be calling the December release, and the 2011 or 2012 release will most likely be called Season 7) WILL include all the normal special features and commentaries, that was mentioned in the interview. So you all better pick up the Season 6 set when it comes out in December, to support the show you love. If you wait until you THINK they would come out with a 26-episode set (which they won't be doing), the sales numbers for Season 6 won't be as good, and they'll take that as the show being unpopular, so it'll be canceled.

Besides, a 13-episode DVD set is nothing new. Volume 1, anyone? Just because the number of episodes isn't what you consider high doesn't mean they won't pimp it full of extra features. The commentaries WILL be there, this will be another standard Futurama release, the size is normal.

Sabrespongebob

[5]Sep 4, 2010
    Here's the Interview BTW

http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3955

It's really interesting

Samuel2484

[6]Sep 4, 2010

Canada_Champ wrote:
    Samuel2484 wrote:

The Season 6 DVD set(that's probably what they'll be calling the December release, and the 2011 or 2012 release will most likely be called Season 7) WILL include all the normal special features and commentaries, that was mentioned in the interview. So you all better pick up the Season 6 set when it comes out in December, to support the show you love. If you wait until you THINK they would come out with a 26-episode set (which they won't be doing), the sales numbers for Season 6 won't be as good, and they'll take that as the show being unpopular, so it'll be canceled. Besides, a 13-episode DVD set is nothing new. Volume 1, anyone? Just because the number of episodes isn't what you consider high doesn't mean they won't pimp it full of extra features. The commentaries WILL be there, this will be another standard Futurama release, the size is normal.

It's just because the episode order is annoyingly different in the UK so I can imagine the UK Version being different like all the other UK DVD Boxsets from US Boxsets. In UK, they pack a lot more episodes in a Season Boxset as they do US, so that's why I'm curious at how they're gonna pull this off.

TimothyBurley

[7]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 7

I cant wait till it come out!

season 6 was a good season.

Samuel2484

[8]Oct 1, 2010

We are still in Season 6, we've only covered half of the Season so far, the next 12/13 episodes of the Season will air next year. That means that this upcoming DVD won't be entitled Season 6, but Season 6 Part 1 or Volume 1. Don't believe me? Visit my latest blog post and it's all explained.

Canada_Champ

[9]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 14
    Volume 5 will be out December 21st, 2010. I suppose it's logical that they continue on with the "Volume" label, but that leaves the 4 movies out of order. So I guess my DVD shelf will go Vol 1, 2, 3, 4, movies, and then 5.

Box art:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Futurama_V5_DVD.jpg

Samuel2484

[10]Oct 7, 2010

Great cover! It kinda doesn't match the look of the other Boxsets but it's still really cool. I'm really annoyed that they've named it Volume 5, it messes up the whole which Season is which Season. In UK, they name each Boxset a Season, not a Volume, so this is gonna be named SEASON 5 for me that just doesn't add up. But anyway the actual Cover looks great, tho I wanna see the back of it for info on Features...

startug

[11]Oct 7, 2010
    God, there'll be some issues. Remember when Family Guy returned, and now their season depend on releasing half of the season, and half of the next season? It's really mixed, I would rather wait an entire year for the next release, mainly because this season is probably the last one.

Samuel2484

[12]Oct 7, 2010

startug wrote:
    God, there'll be some issues. Remember when Family Guy returned, and now their season depend on releasing half of the season, and half of the next season? It's really mixed, I would rather wait an entire year for the next release, mainly because this season is probably the last one.

Have you read my latest Blog Post? It explains all the confusion about which season is which. But thank god you know that we've only covered half of the Season. I'm really annoyed about the fact that this DVD is only Half the Season 6, but they are releasing the Season DVD with the name Season 5 or Volume 5, how F***ing annoying is that?! I don't wanna have to buy this DVD Season but if we want Futurama to get a Season 7, we need to help them by buying the DVD Boxset.

The reason this will absolutely F*** up the Seasons is because it mixes the Broadcast Season with the Production Season. All the previous Seasons were following the production Season order, but now they're putting the Broadcast season of Season 6, and then making it Season 5?!

How much are they trying to F*** up the Season orders??!!

startug

[13]Oct 8, 2010
    IDK. Be lucky it's not too mixed, but it's really stupid. South Park gets full releases on Comedy Central, and The Simpsons on FOX get full releases, which is making me really wonder.

Cutthedinosawrs

[14]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 9

It's not the last season; no way they'd give up these ratings so easily.