Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Great News for UK viewers and fans: Season 5 DVD is here!

[1]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 16

The LONG awaited DVD and Blu-Ray of Futurama's broadcasted season 7/ 1st half of production season 6 is going to be released on December 26th this year and I think I speak for all UK fans and viewers when I say ABOUT TIME TOO! The DVD will consist of the13 episodes starting from Rebirth to The Holiday Spectacular episode.

Only bad points in my opinion: Slightly annoyed that after the DVDs have been released in Production order since Season 1, that now it's switching to Broadcast and the only reason they've named it Season 5 (different to US DVD as the US DVD is called Volume 5) is because they're worried people are going to think that they've missed a season. What could have solved this? The boxset which contains all the straight-DVD-movies should have been named Season 5. Unfortunately it was named something like Futurama Movies or something like that anyway back to the original topic. Also kind of bummed that the Production season 6 has been split into two seasons which annoys me because I actually think that as a whole season having the two broadcast seasons in the production season, it's a better season. However I think that even though it has some bad points and some great points, this DVD season could have been rated higher for me if the DVD was releasing the two broadcast seasons as it should have been.

I'm really trying to make sense here LoL. Of course if the Production Seasons hadn't been split up into a different order and called the broadcast seasons we wouldn't be having this problem in the first place

So here it is:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005N8095U/ref=s9_newr_gw_g74_ir01?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1EZ3Q57EWTJQZ7ZSE8AP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Same cover art I believe same special features, audio commentary the usual stuff, it's been priced at £14.99 a fair price these days but 13 episodes (half a season) could be a little cheaper. Of course by splitting the season into two DVD boxset's does that mean they get more money that being the logic there.

Shame it won't be around in time for Xmas as I still fail to understand why they choose boxing day to release it maybe someone could tell me why that is if they know what the deal is there. So there you have it, opinions?

(I know there was a forum for the DVD already but it was the US release and I felt the UK release deserved a forum as well as the UK airings, DVD Releases have been so far behind the US airings and DVD releases.)

P.S. Donno if anyone noticed but if you had I have been around just hadn't been on the site in a while so that explains my absence. And thank you to the lad who posted the Official Discussion Thread topics for each episode this broadcast season, as I completely forgot to do that LoL and I don't mind if he wants to keep doing so So anyway sorry for the very long post here, thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.