Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Kinda wish it hadn't been brought back

KennethSwarth

[1]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 2

First let me say I loved this show, it's only had a couple of bad episodes, but bringing back the way they did. It tries hard but falls apart each episode. I know they haven't done it in a while but 12 episodes and they all seemed like they were phoned in. Please give us the old zest for the show or give us a good ending.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Samuel2484

[2]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 16

I agree and disagree with some of your comments. First of all, I love the show too and the classics were what made the show golden, I also agree that I was disappointed by the number of bad episodes in the latest Season, and that there were only about 3 or 4 bad episodes. But then again, there were episodes that made it seem like time had never stopped and the show was still the same show it was when it left us in 2003. The best episodes to me were 'The Late Philip. J Fry' and 'The Prisoner of Benda'. Which were absolute gold, because of those episode in particular, I know the show that we all know and love is still around.

I think the bad episodes were just because it needed some time before the show got back into its comfort zone. Rebirth was ok I guess, but In-a-Gadda-Da-Leela was to me the worst episode of Futurama ever. But thank god they got the worst ones out of the way at the beginning of the season, because if they'd waited till the end of the season, it would have left us (the viewers) with false hope for a Good Season 7. But like I said: about 4 bad Episodes, 8 Good ones, (Episode 13 has yet to be seen). I think by next season, Futurama will be the same gold it always was, and if we get the same type of episodes like the originals, we are in for a treat.

So in answer to your topic, I'm glad Futurama has been brought back, it has the potential to be the best Cartoon Comedy out there. Every Season has one or two bad episodes, this Season just needed some time to get back into it. Give it some time, I'm sure by Season 7, you'll feel like it never got cancelled

P.S. Sorry about the really long post, I just wanted to say everything about the Season in answer to your topic

Edited on 09/27/2010 9:13am

KurtPikachu2001

[3]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 11
    I disagree with this, too. Don't know why some people are pissing and moaning about this new season. This new season has been really awesome! Only two episodes I didn't like. It still has the same zest as the old episodes do. It's better than ever. Don't know what some people are so negative about. What did they want? The bad episodes were "Attack of the Killer App" and "Lrreconcilable Ndndifferences". It's cool how some characters have individual adventures. I don't care if some people lost faith in Futurama. I still have faith in it. It's still the same show as it ever was. For those who have lost faith, wait for season 7. Just hope we know when it's coming out!

lord_ratman_IV

[4]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 22

You should probably wish the movie didn't come out so that there wouldn't be a new season. The movie's coming were only gonna have one likely outcome: new episodes. What you really should wish for is that fox never cancelled them in the first place.

I for one am glad Futurama is back, it reminds me of they the early days of the 2000s.

mxcmm

[5]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 7
    Im glad it's back too!!! I missed the show when it went off the air in 2003!! There were some bad eps like Samuel mentioned and the other posters, but no show is perfect. I do wish the newer eps were more like the older ones, but hopefully the new season will better!!!

startug

[6]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 23
    Samuel's correct! I have high spirits for the next episodes. Remember, Matt isn't just doing THIS show for ratings, he's doing it for everybody's entertainment too. If the show flopped, he would nicely end it. It didn't end yet, and that's why it's up. The first three sucked, mainly since the pencils just weren't sharp enough. Then they got even better.

DC-Dude

[7]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 26

(does giant spit-take while reading the title of this thread) WHAAAAAT!?

I agree with Samuel, that there were a few bad episodes this season, but this season has also had some of the most touching, and the funniest moments I've seen on Futurama! Yeah, not gonna make a big long post like everyone else...

doguineta

[8]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 20
    Same. After a rocky start, this season delivered a lot of gems (Late Phillip J, Prisoner of Benda, Clockwork Origin). So, no, I like it back.

doguineta

[9]Oct 6, 2010
    Same. After a rocky start, this season delivered a lot of gems (Late Phillip J, Prisoner of Benda, Clockwork Origin). So, no, I like it back and I don't agree with you.

garfkarvik

[10]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 3

I have always loved Futurama. And I am glad to see new episodes. But I think that sometimes somethings are better to let die young and healthy than old and sick. Don´t get me wrong, I like that they brought it back, but I would not been sad if they had not done that. Lets just hope that when they finally finish Futurama, it will just as fresh and good as in the begining - not a shadow of it´s former glory. Too many good shows have gone down that road. And finally- maybe it´s because of very high expectations why some fans find new episodes weak.

Cutthedinosawrs

[11]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 9

What bothers me is people decide to rampage about wanting the show to come back, and then say it sucks because it isn't what it once was. Let me make this perfectly clear: Futurama is truly back and in key form. It's as if it's better than before, really. The only one episode that I'll agree had flaws, was the reenactment of the Civil war -- and after that bit ended, the episode was perfect. Don't you dare say this show is falling apart when you probably can barely understand the most easy of plots.

Sorry, but that is really just ridiculous for you to say.

antdude

[12]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 27
    I'm glad it is back. I still like it.

startug

[13]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 23
    The show had a few flaws this season, but they are getting better each episode. They really brought their originality back with "The Late Phillip J. Fry", and it got better in "The Prisoner of Benda". Can't wait for the Christmas special today. No sorry, "holiday" special, this time we get a treat for three religious holidays! What show does that, the ones that make fun of them. I'm happy Futurama DOES not make fun of religion.

KurtPikachu2001

[14]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 11
    For all the people who were complaining about and dissapointed in the new season, what would they rather have? A new Mario cartoon? A new Sonic cartoon?

Shrew_One

[15]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 1

Yeah, I agree. I had a bad feeling the new episodes weren't going to live up to expectations after the movies. I don't know, maybe they need to get back in the groove. Hopefully the next season will live up to older episodes.

r10tp00f

[16]Dec 28, 2010
    • level: 7

I love the new season, and I think that this batch of episodes have been far superior to the movies. The movies really started to fall flat. The first two were good, but the second two not great. Especially Bender's Game, I thought.

doguineta

[17]Dec 28, 2010
    r10tp00f wrote:

I love the new season, and I think that this batch of episodes have been far superior to the movies. The movies really started to fall flat. The first two were good, but the second two not great. Especially Bender's Game, I thought.

But the Amy-Leela kiss made it worth it.