Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - Episode 6ACV01 Entitled "Rebirth". 10/06/

doguineta

[81]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 20
    Samuel2484 wrote:

AronHauksson wrote:

altough its good news i really really hope they use the benders big score intro. anyone with me? i loved the extra tune in the theme it creates sucha good feeling

I agree, the intro was great. I doubt that they'll introduce the characters in the actual intro exactly like Bender's Big Score, but seeming as the show WILL now be showing new episodes in widescreen and HD, they will most likely use the latest/updated version of the intro.

I loved that intro!!! Presenting everyone of the 7 main and introducing Zylak, but I think they will go like simpsons, depending on the episodes length they will use or the common intro or if the show is short, the one for Billion Backs
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KurtPikachu2001

[82]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 11
    What new episode is everyone looking forward to the most? I'm looking forward to that one called, "The Duh_Vinci Code". And "Inspector #5".

X-435

[83]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 17
    Where did you get those titles from and what number episodes are they?

Samuel2484

[84]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 16

I'm most looking forward to 'Anthology of Interest III, Rebirth, and The Mutants are Revolting (100 episode special)'.

Tought you might be interested in seeing the 100th Episode special Script cover.

Samuel2484

[85]Apr 16, 2010

KurtPikachu2001 wrote:
    What new episode is everyone looking forward to the most? I'm looking forward to that one called, "The Duh_Vinci Code". And "Inspector #5".

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but that information comes from Wikipedia, and seeming as I havn't found those episode names on the official futurama news sites, I wouldn't believe everything that Wikipedia says.

Now, episode information that comes from the www.infosphere.com that I thought you would all appreciate.

1. Rebirth (The first episode of the sixth season will pick up from the events of Into The Wild Green Yonder . According to previews, it will feature a "literal" rebirth of the characters, and according to David X. Cohen, it will focus on the Fry-Leela Relationship, rather than more complicated consequences of the "rebirth").

2. (although we don't know what the episode is named yet, we now that the episode will feature Zapp and Leela stranded on an Eden-like planet).

3. Attack of the Killer App (running title. The story will deal with the future of technology such as iPhones and Twitter)

4. (Little information about this episode has been revealed so far, but it will deal with a robosexual relationship between Bender and Amy. It is also known that the Hyper-chicken will appear in this episode. This will also feature some more coarse language, that would previously not be possible on FOX Some people wonder if this could hurt Futurama's possible return to FOX).

5. There's no information so far on the plot or title for the next 6 episodes.

12. This episode will involve Leela and her parents, but while no other details have been released, a picture of the script seems to indicate that Amy may finally get her engineering degree have emerged. It is certain that Nibbler makes an appearance in a speaking role. Given the episode's possible title ("The Mutants Are Revolting"), the episode may be a milestone in Futurama canon, where the Sewer Mutants may finally get to live up on ground. If anything, Amy's degree will certainly be a milestone in itself.

I will update information on the next few episodes of the season if and when any new information is found and verified.

X-435

[86]Apr 16, 2010
    Samuel2484 wrote:

KurtPikachu2001 wrote:

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but that information comes from Wikipedia, and seeming as I havn't found those episode names on the official futurama news sites, I wouldn't believe everything that Wikipedia says.

Now, episode information that comes from the www.infosphere.com that I thought you would all appreciate.

The Infosphere is just like Wikipedia. It can be edited by anyone so it is just as unreliable

startug

[87]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 23
    No, the Infosphere is also moderated, they check a lot, and its a very reliable website. You obviously never went there.

Samuel2484

[88]Apr 26, 2010

startug wrote:
    No, the Infosphere is also moderated, they check a lot, and its a very reliable website. You obviously never went there.

Thank you! Can't wait for Futurama's return, it's got to be the most long awaited moments in my life! I know it sounds over-exagerated, but I've waited for ages to see Futurama return for good

startug

[89]Apr 26, 2010
    I go to the Infopsphere a lot for info on Futurama, and it almost has everything you want to know.

X-435

[90]Apr 27, 2010
    startug wrote:

I use to use it a lot, heck, I even added some content to it.

Samuel2484

[91]Apr 29, 2010

To anyone who noticed, the air date on the title of the topic says June 10th. This was before it was changed, to anyone who's confused, the air date is infact June 24th, just clearing things up

startug

[92]May 3, 2010
    Also, the new titles are from futurama-madhouse.com.ar in case you were wondering.

lazyjay

[93]May 3, 2010
    • level: 30
    Samuel2484 wrote:

To anyone who noticed, the air date on the title of the topic says June 10th. This was before it was changed, to anyone who's confused, the air date is infact June 24th, just clearing things up

Haha, since I'm from the US I read the topic title as October 6th instead of June 10th anyway.

Samuel2484

[94]May 4, 2010

lazyjay wrote:
    Samuel2484 wrote:

Haha, since I'm from the US I read the topic title as October 6th instead of June 10th anyway.

Ha! Sorry bout that, didn't occure to me

startug

[95]May 5, 2010
    I really hope Futurama doesn't end up like Family Guy when it returned. But from Season 5, I think it gave us a preview of what we should expect. After all, almost all of them were excellent, except for TBWABB, that one was terrible, and the other ones were well written. Sadly, it airs the week I'm away.

Samuel2484

[96]May 5, 2010

startug wrote:
    I really hope Futurama doesn't end up like Family Guy when it returned. But from Season 5, I think it gave us a preview of what we should expect. After all, almost all of them were excellent, except for TBWABB, that one was terrible, and the other ones were well written. Sadly, it airs the week I'm away.

I feel the exact same way, TBWABB was god awful, but anyway, I have a feeling that the new episodes will have an 'as good as' or 'even better' success of the straight-to-DVD's. I doubt it will end up like Family Guy, because I've seen the films, that's what Futurama is like now, and it's not so dififferent from what it was like before it got cancelled. Also, Matt Groening knows when to keep it great and not try to push the bar, compared to MacFarlane, I'm excited

showinuse9

[97]May 6, 2010
    • level: 11
    I personally didnt like the movies, namely the absence of doctor zoidberg and also the stories were kind weird and too serious at times.

I hope the new season doesnt get watered down by the execs like family guy did. Would love to see those old in your face episodes. And so help me god if they change one hair on benders lil head when they come back i will bend them til they cant bend no more. I cant wait to see the old gang back together. Fry Zoidberg The professor amy leela hermes....and of course who could forget the mainstay and most awesomest futurama character ever that carried the show Scruffy....

the janitor

X-435

[98]May 8, 2010
    here's the Birthing Device http://pool.theinfosphere.org/images//7/77/6ACV01_concept_art%2C_birthing_device.jpg and http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/files/2010/05/601-Leela-Robot.jpg

Samuel2484

[99]May 11, 2010

It turns out that 'Rebirth' is going to be one of two back-to-back episodes!

Samuel2484

[100]May 11, 2010

As a celebration of Futurama's ressurection, I would love to see the previous Futurama episodes/seasons in widescreen. The artists extended the frame on previous shots used in previous episodes in the films, so why not re-release the DVD's in widescreen? Just a thought?