TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - Episode 6ACV01 Entitled "Rebirth". 10/06/

Samuel2484

[141]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 16

This picture I found indicates that the episode in which Fry and the Professor travel to the future again and again, will be named 'The Late Philip J. Fry', it is the 7th episode of the 6th Season and the time machine will look like this: http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/files/2010/06/607-Time-Machine.jpg

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thetruesora

[142]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 22
    I wonder if it will be to do with the time machine that the professor didn't finish inventing that was in the episode where Cubert first appears? which looks like the one from the film "the time machine". Won't them time travelling be in conflict with the whole stuff with the "timesphere"? or was time travel only dangerous when using the timesphere?

T7F

[143]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 7

Since they are airing at the same time, can we discuss In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela here too?

Samuel2484

[144]Jun 23, 2010

thetruesora wrote:
    I wonder if it will be to do with the time machine that the professor didn't finish inventing that was in the episode where Cubert first appears? which looks like the one from the film "the time machine". Won't them time travelling be in conflict with the whole stuff with the "timesphere"? or was time travel only dangerous when using the timesphere?

It was only dangerous to time-travel with the Timesphere, this episode willconcentrate on traveling to the future, which means it will be more free than if they travel back in time. Also, as the time machine malfunctions and keeps traveling to the future, they travel further and further into the future to find a backward time machine.

JohnnyDrama8

[145]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 10

Let me set the Record Straight Tonight on Comedy Central and Comedy Central HD Futurama will return with Brand New Episodes (Not the DVD stuff which was split up into episodes), Fresh New Network with Fresh New episods. Tonight will be 1 Full Hour then every Thursday at 10 u get One full episode. So tell your friends, family and random people on the streets, internet and XBOX/PSN. p.s. Two years after Futurama got cancelled I bought a Border Collie Puppy and named him Bender i guess the TV Gods noticed and decided to bring Futurama back. Maybe I will name my next Dog SYLAR or Echo. p.s.s. A bunch of my favorite shows which got cancelled are coming back or have already First Family Guy, Second Futurama and Third La Femme Nikita is coming back on the CW (differnet cast). So maybe if I am lucky FARSCAPE will be next.

MichaelFC

[146]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 5
    FUTURAMA'S BACK!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuel2484

[147]Jun 24, 2010

JohnnyDrama8 wrote:

Let me set the Record Straight Tonight on Comedy Central and Comedy Central HD Futurama will return with Brand New Episodes (Not the DVD stuff which was split up into episodes), Fresh New Network with Fresh New episods. Tonight will be 1 Full Hour then every Thursday at 10 u get One full episode. So tell your friends, family and random people on the streets, internet and XBOX/PSN. p.s. Two years after Futurama got cancelled I bought a Border Collie Puppy and named him Bender i guess the TV Gods noticed and decided to bring Futurama back. Maybe I will name my next Dog SYLAR or Echo. p.s.s. A bunch of my favorite shows which got cancelled are coming back or have already First Family Guy, Second Futurama and Third La Femme Nikita is coming back on the CW (differnet cast). So maybe if I am lucky FARSCAPE will be next.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the first 2 episodes that fill up the hour Also WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR 7 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TO BE HONEST, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IT CAME BACK, ONLY TWO OTHER TV SHOWS HAVE EVER RETURNED TO TELEVISION AFTERCANCELLATION!!! BITE MY SHINY METAL A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

thetruesora

[148]Jun 24, 2010
    Samuel2484 wrote:

thetruesora wrote:

It was only dangerous to time-travel with the Timesphere, this episode willconcentrate on traveling to the future, which means it will be more free than if they travel back in time. Also, as the time machine malfunctions and keeps traveling to the future, they travel further and further into the future to find a backward time machine.

I know that but eventually they have to end up back in the year 3010 so that means they must forget the events of their time travel otherwise they would change the timeline.

T7F

[149]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 7

Only 8 hours to go......this is gonna be fun on the bun!

Urnfs

[150]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    Just saw the episode (leaked on the web) and it was hilarious. gave the same old show vibe, too.

Samuel2484

[151]Jun 24, 2010

What a great episode! A great way to kick off Futurama into it's new season. This episode didn't lack any of the former futurama vibe, it felt familiar and that they never left us in the first place. A great story and you know what, it doesn't feel weird seeing Fry and Leela being together, but yeah, a true sci-fi episode and it fixed the story with Into the Wild Green Yonder quite nicely, good job Futurama, so happy to have you back!

phonzee101

[152]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 13

I live in Canada and the episodes won't here for quite some time but I will watch the leaked ones online when it is 10:00 just to sync it with the american viewing also WOOOOOHOOOOO its back.

Edited on 06/24/2010 4:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Hotdingdong

[153]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 2
    Wow, what a great way back to the futurama! I mean, Wow! that wasnt bad for 7 years of not being in existence.

SPOILERS!!! Ok, Firstly, The plot. The plot of the episode was the best part of the episode, how intricate and well thought through it is(which is why I loved Bender's big game)I mean,they bring all the characters to life with stem cell goo, but bender needs fuel so they stuff a doomsday device all up in him, and if he stops partying for a second, then he'll kill everyone. meanwhile leela being in a irreverable coma is too much for fry to handle, so he creates a robot fry using the surveillence cameras to capture her personality, and is happy that she is alive, but when nibbler bites part of her arm off, she doesnt know what to think, so Fry and Leela decide to be friends. after 1 last attempt of reawakening her with traditional medicine,they decide to bury her and be eaten by a one eyed thing that eats cyclopes, but then after bender annoying parties loudly, Leela wakes up. and after a while the 2 end of up in fight against each other which results in Fry shooting himself with a ray gun, but it turns out that Fry is a robot too, after Fry saves her ife in the explosion and leela makes a robot fry, but had too much copper wiring all up in him and he electrocutes leela, and wipes out robo fry's memory.then the robot's decide they belong together and walk off(we'll be back..... for our stuff.) then, saving then from an akward? moment, the one eyed monster swallows bender, thinking that he is a cyclops, and explodes with the doomsday device in him, with bender safe. then they're back everyone!

(panting) whew.... anyways, the plot was the best part of the episode.

but the jokes....well, they were hit and miss, but when they do hit.... oh man, it takes me back indeed....

some jokes I loved....
    -oh my god! I get it!
    -the regular light switch being the switch for the stem cell machine
    -I actually liked the leela screaming part
    - do the bender! do the bender! I SAID DO IT!
    -cause the pain slowly fades away... but the love lasts forever.... OWW!

anyways, decent return to the futurama 4/5

X-435

[155]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 17
    Am I the only one who thought the first episode was a little...off?(I haven't see the second one yet. Going to soon).

It was well-thought out but it just didn't place with me. Also, the Professor got on my nerves with some of the things he said. But I guess we could chalk it up to his brain "dablage".

showinuse9

[156]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 11

i liked the beginning the most it started out really good where other shows fall flat after a hiatus the eps were funny and i laughed out loud a few times lol the issue i had was they reminded more of the movies as the episodes progressed and ihated the movies reason being?........ZOIDBERG

i got enough of leela fry and bender in the movies but wtf zoidberg was barely in the movies now he was barely in the first two eps. and I LOVE zoidberg.

the professor was the best part to me x345 i thought he was really good for the most part lo.l

now that their feet are settled i hope to see the show go more for the series (which it did pretty much) and less of the movies

overall this is futurama the hypnotoad made me feel like it was only yesterday i was watching the show this is pure win for me XD

Edited on 06/25/2010 12:01am

KurtPikachu2001

[157]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 11

The new season opener came off to a great start for the new season! I liked the rebirth machine, Bender having to party with a doomsday device inside him. Looked like the one from BBS. The best part was the cyclops-eating monster while they were at Leela's 'funeral' and Bender's doing cartwheels and handsprings into the ship. I liked the twist in it where at first it said Leela died and Fry survived, and then as it turned out it was the other way around. The Robot Fry and Robot Leela falling in love was hilarious! Awesome episode! Great way to start the season! 5/5.

BundyX75

[158]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 6

This episode wasn't too great. Not Futurama great at least. I don't think I'd put this episode over many of the older episodes, I probably only prefer it to seven episodes or so. Although, I still loved it, kind of. I don't know, it felt a bit weird, but that maybe due to the fact that it's a new episode, I think I'm having the opposite effect of when Family Guy came back. When FG came back, the newer episodes felt great, better than the original run even. With time, I've grown to have to tolerate those episodes where I love it's original run.I think I had a higher expectation for Futurama, so with time I'm sure I'll have a more positive outlook on these episodes, while keeping my love for it's initial run.

On to the episode, I loved the story. It felt like old episodes, carefully thought out storys that catch you off gaurd by it's ending. Like, "The Luck of the Fryish", which really caught me off gaurd and provided an emotional ending. The revelation was emotional, for a romantic point of view, but it didn't do much for me. Funny-wise, it wasn't as good as I hope. Bender delivered a few good one-liners. Like, "Leela's back, like I care" and "What does it take to kill me", I also loved the "Do The Bender" bit. The Professor was the other savior of the episode. He probably had me laughing the most, or at least, had the most jokes that worked for me. I loved when Amy (I believe) asked "Why'd there voices change", and the Professors come back. Also, Amys "I get it", was great.

Overall, while everything did feel a little off as someone previously mentioned, I felt the quality was still good. The story was great but the humour suffered a bit when comparing it to the former episodes.

*Edit* I forgot to mention, the Leela screaming thing was probably my least favorite thing they've ever done on Futurama. Probably, that word is key. I could swear the Simpsons did something like that before, but it worked on that show. On Futurama, it felt flat and actually made me a bit embarressed to be watching it.

Edited on 06/25/2010 4:52pm

thetruesora

[159]Jun 25, 2010
    Homer screamed for ages after he remembered the previously suppressed memory of finding Smithers' dad's dead body.

Also, Why did the Leela and Fry robots take off the human parts at the end? I thought that to put it basically a big part of why they loved each other is they looked like their human selves?

sonyds13

[160]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 6
    why did they keep mentioning Leela is a cyclops, and she tried to feed herself to a Cyclops eater. She's a mutant from Earth