Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread for - 'Decision 3012' - 7ACV03 - 6/27/12

phonzee101

[1]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 13

Nixon head runs for a third term & Bender fulfills his dream of killing all humans. Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thundercat2000

[2]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 17

It was good.

phonzee101

[3]Jun 29, 2012

Wow I wasn't expecting that at the end. I thought Travers was going to die on live television for being a time duplicate. I wonder if Nixon will actually for through with the alien proof fence.

ZoneHero

[4]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 19
    phonzee101 wrote:

Wow I wasn't expecting that at the end. I thought Travers was going to die on live television for being a time duplicate. I wonder if Nixon will actually for through with the alien proof fence.

His a politician... he lies about stuff to get voters and then puts everything on hold till the next election to up his image.

I kinda find this episode to be very mundane. It was funny for the 3000s take of Obama's campaign and have a Terminator twist to it. It was clever... till they had Travers paradoxed out right after the election, even though the time-code he used was a self correcting time-code, and which case, they could have made some parodies of Obama's short comings as president, like that SNL sketches with Obama and economics. Or have a dark twist in which he was going to execute the worst convicted criminal robot (which is Bender, the one who lead to humanity's doom to robots) to help ensure his future, kinda like how the death BinLaden gave Obama a boost. But no... he just disappears... a bit of a cop out...

There was also all the cliche political jokes that we seen in EVERY SHOW AND MOVIE. I don't really know how to take them. I know they're basically jokes, but nearly all of them have the same punchline, don't they? I mean, with this show, they're were all space puns, but they're just the same jokes with space added to them.

smoking99999

[5]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 1

phonzee101 wrote:

i thought that the time code was a paradox-free way of time travel

ZoneHero

[6]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 19
    I think he meant that his baby self would die, as the traveler is the one who lives while the other dies... but killing an infant seems something more like South Park or Family Guy kind of humor...

Bamb0o-Stick

[7]Jul 1, 2012
    No I think the older Travis would've been killed by the time-correction. The baby Travis belonged in that time period, the older one did not. If Nixon wins the election anyway, and Travis gets erased, then that means Nixon doesn't build the alien fence. Bender doesn't lead an uprising and things won't be as bleak as Travis says. The whole plan of the humans sending someone back to run for political office made no sense. This is why you should always go back in time to kill someone. Travis could've went after either Nixon or Bender, but I guess they would be hard to kill and/or get to.

phonzee101

[8]Jul 4, 2012

Bamb0o-Stick wrote:
    No I think the older Travis would've been killed by the time-correction. The baby Travis belonged in that time period, the older one did not. If Nixon wins the election anyway, and Travis gets erased, then that means Nixon doesn't build the alien fence. Bender doesn't lead an uprising and things won't be as bleak as Travis says. The whole plan of the humans sending someone back to run for political office made no sense. This is why you should always go back in time to kill someone. Travis could've went after either Nixon or Bender, but I guess they would be hard to kill and/or get to.
    Yes that's what I meant, that the older Travers would die.

Edited on 07/04/2012 8:54am