TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - Production Season 6 - Part 2 / Broadcast Season 7

Samuel2484

[1]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 16

In 2011, the 2nd half of the Production Season 6 starts and a few details have been released about the upcoming 13 episodes that remain in this Season. David X. Cohen has revealed that in this upcoming remainder of the Season, the very, very last episode, which will be the finale in 2011, will show Futuramain several alternate animated styles. That's going to be one of those three mini-story surreal specials, like the great "Anthology of Interest" episodes. This possible series finale episode will be called "Resurrection" with Futurama resurrected in three different styles. I guess the name is supposed to relate to the Season premier title "Rebirth". There's going to be another Big Mafia episode where Bender witnesses a crime committed by the Robot Mafia and has to go into witness protection. There's going to be an origin episode where we find out how the Professor and Dr. Zoidberg got to know each other, the episode is going to have lots of flashbacks that show the origin of their relationship. I remember ages ago hearing about the "Anthology of Interest III" being about when Fry, Leela and Bender go off on a delivery, Amy, Zoidberg and Hermes have a go on the what-if-machine. I may be wrong, I can't remember where I heared this and I haven't heard anything about it since but hopefully it's true, I could be mistaken so if I am, I'm sorry.

What do you think about these upcoming 13 episodes? Tell us what you think, tell us what you expect or want, or what you don't want. I know there's some confusion about the name of this upcoming Season or Season part, so to sub up: Production Season 6 Part 2, Broadcast Season 7, just clearing that up because I can imagine a lot of confusing here...

Edited on 10/07/2010 1:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

startug

[3]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 23
    I'm excited, and I do have hope. If nearly all the episode are GREAT, but not just OKAY, then I would have hope for Season 7.

BundyX75

[4]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 6

Tell me I read this wrong, the very last episode of Futurama? I really hope not, because even though that idea seems rather cool, as an ending for one of my favorite tv shows ever, it sucks. It sucks big time.

The other episodes seem alright, nothing to get super excited about. Although, Resurrection is probably the reason why.

KurtPikachu2001

[5]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    Season 7 sounds very promising! Can't wait for the AOI episode and the Robot Mafia ones! There's some word on Futurama Madhouse that it got renewed for three more seasons. Now if we only knew when Season 7 will start.......

Samuel2484

[6]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 16

KurtPikachu2001 wrote:
    Season 7 sounds very promising! Can't wait for the AOI episode and the Robot Mafia ones! There's some word on Futurama Madhouse that it got renewed for three more seasons. Now if we only knew when Season 7 will start.......

Apparently it should start next year around the same time as this year's Season started, but an official date hasn't beenconfirmed...

startug

[7]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 23
    Yay, 3 more seasons when this one hasn't ended yet. I honestly think they shouldn't renew it unless Broadcast Season 7 is awesome.

mxcmm

[8]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 7
    I hope it doesn't get canceled after the next season!!! That would truly suck cause everyone has waited over seven years for the show to return to television. I hope something can be worked out so it doesn't end up canceled..

Jamesbray

[9]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 13
    The new season so far has been great! The Zoidberg episode "Nine-Tenths of a Zoidberg is Underwater", the origin episode you mentioned above, looks amazing, Zoidberg's my favorite character and I'm probably most excited for this.