Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: S06E10: "The Prisoner of Benda"

GuineaPirate

[1]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 8

I thought it was pretty hilarious and confusing when everyone was swapping bodies with each other. And the part with Scruffy was funny, too. I give it an 8.5.

Edited on 08/19/2010 10:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 27
    Haha, it was good. So random, but good.

Res_Dog

[3]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 5
    Awesome episode! Finally they made an episode which was pure intelligent entertainment without some kind of forced social commentary. I enjoyed every second of it.

Oh, and the japanese ambassador was hilarious

startug

[4]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 23
    It was great, everyone got their development in this episode, and it was really funny. I knew this one was gonna be great, it's better than the last two episodes!

KurtPikachu2001

[5]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 11

Hilarious episode full of slam-bang thrills! Bender going on a heist to rob that emperor in Amy's body, and Leela thinking Fry didn't like her on the inside and end up in Farnsworth's and Zoidberg's bodies was awesome! The best part was the circus, Farnsworth and Zoidberg as Fry and Leela and Zoidberg and the bucket blowing up the apartment was just excellent beyond words! The beginning with Linda and Morbo was funny, and the Japanese emperor was funny was well! My third favorite episode of the season! 5/5!

PsyduckRanger

[6]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 20
    It was incredible. All the main characters were involved to some extent, it was hilarious, again we have Fry and Leela depicted actually in a relationship (I guess nobody told Josh Weinstein when he wrote That Darn Katz!) which is fantastic, although a tad horrifying (I mean, yes, ok, the point about not being put off by looks is a good one, but when gender's switched, to a relative no less! Never mind inter-special...) and the Wash Bucket/Amy/Scruffy scene was fantastic.

One thing though - Farnsworth had a mind-switching device back in Bender's Game.

thetruesora

[7]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 22
    Previously thought to be Leela/Fry, the OTP for the series is clearly Scruffy/Wash Bucket XD The "2 people once switched can't switch exactly back" was the same as the body switching machine in an episode of Stargate-SG1 but keeping track of who'd switched with who and all the "___" being in "____" body worked really well.

To Psyduck: really? I don't remember that part of Bender's Game *thinks*

PsyduckRanger

[8]Aug 21, 2010
    Fry goes to talk to the Professor about Bender's D&D problem, but finds he's switched with a monkey. Farnsworth (the monkey) gets out a doll of Fry and asks him to show where on said doll Bender touched him.

Samuel2484

[9]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 16

This is without a doubt, my favourite episode of Season 6. It was endless comedy, smart and definitely Sci-Fi. The relationship between Fry and Leela was hilarious and the part with Scruffy and Wash bucket was hilarious too. Theindividualstory line for each character was great, this was kinda a 10 stories in one episode like 'Three Hundred Big Boys' but I enjoyed this one better than that one. It involved all Planet Express members and some new ones and even a couple of the Globe Trotters characters. My favourite scene was when Fry and Leela (as Zoidburg and the Professor) were testing each others shallowness and then started kissing and did it, was the funniest thing I've seen in Futurama for a long time and Scruffy has more than JUST a few lines, my favourite episode of Season 6: 10/10!

Edited on 08/21/2010 5:42am

TimothyBurley

[10]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 7

i loved this episode. it was really funny and made me laugh

doguineta

[11]Aug 21, 2010
    Hands down, this is the best episode of season 6. And I agree with Samuel, it bears a resemblanse to '300 big boys'. I loved that episode too. And, even though I hate circus plots, I loved this one!

PsyduckRanger

[12]Aug 22, 2010
    I can't stop laughing when I hear the line "That is not what I meant to give you for Big Bertha". Anyone else think that Farnsworth's voice just seems right coming out of Bender?

italiankid5

[13]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 7

Samuel2484 wrote:

This is without a doubt, my favourite episode of Season 6. It was endless comedy, smart and definitely Sci-Fi. The relationship between Fry and Leela was hilarious and the part with Scruffy and Wash bucket was hilarious too. Theindividualstory line for each character was great, this was kinda a 10 stories in one episode like 'Three Hundred Big Boys' but I enjoyed this one better than that one. It involved all Planet Express members and some new ones and even a couple of the Globe Trotters characters. My favourite scene was when Fry and Leela (as Zoidburg and the Professor) were testing each others shallowness and then started kissing and did it, was the funniest thing I've seen in Futurama for a long time and Scruffy has more than JUST a few lines, my favourite episode of Season 6: 10/10!

Same here, this was an amazing episode, even better than "The Late Philip J. Fry". Definetely the best of season 6 so far. 10/10

LRifle

[14]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 10

They are just outdoing themselves now

Excellent episode