Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - 'The Late Phillip J' - Season 6 Episode 7: 29/07/10

Sabrespongebob

[1]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 16

After the Professor invents a forward time machine, he, Fry and Bender accidentally go into the year 10 000. To return, they must keep going further into the future until an era when a backwards time machine has been built.

Sorry if someone else wanted to do it I just thought that the episodes already aired and it's not up yet.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

T7F

[2]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 7

Liked it

startug

[3]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 23
    Loved it. It was the best of the season in writing.

Zipitydoodah

[4]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 3

Superb episode.

phonzee101

[5]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 13

Best episode of the season so far.

GuineaPirate

[6]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 8

I too thought it was the best episode of the season so far. Why is it not listed in the episode guide?

scottjoc

[7]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 10
    If not the best episode of the season, the best episode of the series... incredible.

Ck79

[8]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 8

indeed, for me this was one of the best episodes of futurama ever. why is it not listed? i wanna go give it a 10* ^^

renaldsRAP

[9]Jul 30, 2010

perfect return to form. one of my favorites of the whole sereis

KillswitchEdge

[10]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 5

I was beginning to think the writers had lost it during the "break", but my God that was the best half hour of television I've seen in a long long time.

Easily one of, if not THE, best episode of Futurama ever.

Brilliant stuff!

tharkyn

[11]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 6
    I don't know what episode you guys were watching but that was an absolute steaming pile. Not funny not clever just unremittingly awful.

KurtPikachu2001

[12]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 11

Brilliant episode! Loved the Planet of the Apes, and Time Machine references! It was cool to see Fry, Bender, and the Professor go through different eras and Bender wanting to see the era where the machines take over while Fry and the Professor wanted to see the era with the women! Classic! The Big Bang was cool and reliving historical events was great, too! The subplot with Leela, Hermes, Cubert, Amy, and Zoidberg was fun as well as it was heart touching! The beginning where Bender annoys Fry with that hookerbot was hilarious! 'Hambone! Hambone'! Too bad Fry didn't get out of bed we see he wears really childish pajama bottoms! The end with Fry and Leela was great, too! Awesome from beginning to end! 5/5

123tv

[13]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 11

Great episode! They went through all of theobligatory sci-fi futures, Terminator, Time Machine, Planet of the Apes, etc. really well done. Not to mention of whole cosmology thing, of the universe beingcyclical that was very inventive.

Nagowteena

[14]Jul 30, 2010
    Really liked this episode, one of the best.

Canada_Champ

[15]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 14
    As someone who has before on many occasions thought about traveling through time so far that time itself begins again, this episode got it spot on. Loved the callbacks to the earlier episodes and the movies too. You had to be quick to see them, but when Fry, Bender and the Professor are nearing their own time they witnessed several moments in Futurama history, such as when the company was taken over by that 80s guy, Zoidberg and Fry doing the Freedom dance ("freedom freedom freedom oi!"), the gang learning about Vergon 6 (where Nibbler came from), and Fry attached to the tentacle beast from the other universe.

Bamb0o-Stick

[16]Jul 30, 2010

Guys I just sent in a request to add the episode to the show list. Be sure to vote on this episode when you get a chance! This episode was too good to be ignored!

doguineta

[17]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 20
    My full reivew, sorry if it's too long, but there isn't a page for this ep!

So this episde begins with Bender sleeping with a hookerbot and Fry couldn't sleep and because of that he is late for work, there he asks for Leela and amy tells him some idiot stood her up at Elzar's so he goes there, as He is the idiot. He apologizes, but Leela is still mad. Then he tries to make it up by having dinner with her at The Cave on The Green, but doubts for a moment when Bender announces Hedionismbot's bachelor party, but then remarks:

I can throw up on a stripper any night. tonigh I want to not throw up. On you.

When he is leaving Farnswoth makes him test his new time machine because as he was late, he needs to compensate. he says he can while he reocrds his b-day card.

Farnsworth: this machine only goes formward so can't do anything disgusting like sleeping with your grandmother

Fry: yea...I don't wanna do it again.

So Prof wants to advance 1 minute but he trips and they advance into the year 10.000 There Fansworth gets the idea of constantly moving forward until they find someone with a backwards time machine. They explore many futures (machien taking over, giraffes taking over, half popultaion smart, half dumb, medieval age, hot women taking over,..., one I particularly liked:

(sees Statue of Liberty) the humans civilzatio nis destroyed! (Ape Staute) asnd the apes' civilzation too! (sees bird Statue) the birds' one too! (sees cow statue) and the cows (sdome thing statue) and that thing that looks like a slugs' too! NOOOOOOOO!

Meanwhile we see Leela in charge of planet Express in the year 3030 and the busdiness is succesful. She marries Cubert as he reminds her of Fry. (CUBERT'S BACK!!!) Then in the year 3050 Cubert left Leela for Amy on a robot's body. and hermes (his head on a pogo stick) consolates her b ut then Fry's card appeares from when they were travelling and she realizes she was 20 years anfry at him and wasn't his fault so she goes to the Green point Cave and writes a message.

In the year 2billion, there is nothing, its the end of things, and Fry finds the cave and reads the message. moved, he realizes he had a good life and the 3 decide to see the Earth collapse while drinking a 6pack. The universe vanishes, and suddenly there is another Big Bang, so the professor figures they can just land in Planet express again, and Fry can be on time for his date. In the travelling, Farnsworth makes a pause and kills Hitler (LOL, in the Infosphere it says Hitler just said: Look at my moustache!, which made me LOL more!) But then they accidentally miss the year 3010 so they expericence the end and beginning again and before they land we see moments from eps like Love's Labors Lost in Space, the one were Zoidberg eats the USA flag, Future Stock, Into the wild Green Yonder, and attack of the Killer App, and when they land, they kill their paradox selves.

Fry goes to the Cave, and he apologizes for being late, but turns out he is actually on time. Latyer at a bridge, he tells her he was going to give her a card, and she says it doesn't matter as she doesn't like cards that much anyways. She also says her best moments in her life where the ones they spent together, and as the ep sings off, we see Bender burying their paradox selves under the brdige (LOL).

This episode was classic Futurama, it's back, officially back. 10/10!

LRifle

[18]Jul 31, 2010

This was easily the best episode of the season

TheGreatRingsby

[19]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 6

A Fantastic episode that followed another fantastic episode. The Last two episodes have been the best.

Although I find it odd that no one but me is saddened by the fact that the rest of the series will take place trillions (zillions?) of years in the future and the original Futurama cast are all dead ... and the "real" Fry, Bender, and Professor relative to the time period are dead.

But whatever . Oh I also find it interesting that that one guy in a previous episode who wanted to meet Shakespeare because he thought time was cyclical was correct in a way. Although he never would have been able to meet him since the freeze pod would have been destroyed when the Earth was.

Edited on 07/31/2010 10:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

novasheep

[20]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 2

So glad this show is back! This epp was good can not wait for the next epp! Sigh still have to wait 5 days /cry.