Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Resurrection?

Resurrection: What is your favourite Futurama film?

jimbo_001

[1]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 56

This is to stop the millions of threads created that say "Futurama's coming back" and getting our hopes up again but saying the false information already proven to be a misunderstanding.

As much as I want a new season of Futurama, it is not going to happen yet.

Four direct to dvd movies of Futurama are being made, the first hopefully coming out in Xmas 2007 so we'll at least still have new Futurama. [Update: Now February 24th 2009 and the final movie was released today]. The movies can be discussed in the following threads:

Bender's Big Score
    The Beast With A Billion Backs
    Bender's Game
    Into The Wild Green Yonder

In 2008 and 2009, the movies will air on Comedy Central as sixteen separate episodes. These are not new episodes, just parts 1-4 of each movie. They are not a part of a new season, and thus will not be included in the guide, but reviews and comments can be made in the appropriate discussion threads.

Thirteen episodes were rumoured to come out and articles jumped all over the place, getting all our hopes up. Unfortunately, this was cast misunderstandings and they didn't realise that they were just the movie episodes and there was 16. Matt Groening and David X Cohen confirmed these were false but I urge everyone to buy the movies/watch the episodes because if they're popular enough another season may come in 2009 or 2010 which is a long wait.

It is now looking unlikely that a new season will be made, but the four movies that were made as part of resurrecting the show briefly with new material have been released and those who have watched, can now choose their favourite in the new poll.

Any comments, ideas, questions or news about the movies or anything else Futurama-related can be discussed here.

Edited on 02/23/2009 6:56pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mitu123

[2]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 14
    jimbo_001 wrote:

This is to stop the millions of threads created that say "Futurama's coming back" and getting our hopes up again but saying the false information already proven to be a misunderstanding.

As much as I want a new season of Futurama, it is not going to happen yet.

Four direct to dvd movies of Futurama are being made, the first hopefully coming out in Xmas 2007 so we'll at least still have new Futurama.

In 2008, the movies will air on Comedy Central as sixteen separate episodes. These are not new episodes, just parts 1-4 of each movie.

Thirteen episodes were rumoured to come out and articles jumped all over the place, getting all our hopes up. Unfortunately, this was cast misunderstandings and they didn't realise that they were just the movie episodes and there was 16. Matt Groening and David X Cohen confirmed these were false but I urge everyone to buy the movies/watch the episodes because if they're popular enough another season may come in 2009 or 2010 which is a long wait.

I agree with you. People should buy those DVDs to death in December 2007 to get this show up and running again, because between Family Guy and The Simpsons, this is probably the best animated show there is, but compared to the 2 other shows I've mentioned, it's hard to tell. But Futurama still rocks though. People, make it mandatory to buy the DVDs and watch the episodes, and this show may end up being in the top 10 on tv.com again.

cleospal9

[3]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama#Show_status

Basically it wasn't that the people didn't like it, it was that FOX didn't like it.

mitu123

[4]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 14
    cleospal9 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama#Show_status

Basically it wasn't that the people didn't like it, it was that FOX didn't like it.

You are so correct. That's exactly what I thought. Fox makes bad choices, and when this show comes on Comedy Central, it will teach them a lesson. No wonder people don't like Fox, they make bad and stupid choices. They don't care what we like, they care about what they like, and that's BS. Come back Futurama, we missed you since that 2003 season finale episode "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings".

aussie_guy1

[5]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 5
    jimbo_001 wrote:

Four direct to dvd movies of Futurama are being made, the first hopefully coming out in Xmas 2007 so we'll at least still have new Futurama

End of 2007? What a tease. I thought we were getting new episodes, but new Futurama is fine with me. The new DVD set should look good next to the other four boxed seasons on the shelf. At least this way we get the four movies at once. Don't have to wait for them to air individually on television.

Looks like there's going to be a Futurama fest in 2007 with all us fans staying up and watching all four movies in a row.

cleospal9

[6]Nov 20, 2006
    Can you give us a URL because I also see many articles that Katey Segal confirmed it on the Late Late Night Show that she would be coming back in 2008 on Comedy Central.

cleospal9

[7]Nov 20, 2006

cleospal9 wrote:
    Can you give us a URL because I also see many articles that Katey Segal confirmed it on the Late Late Night Show that she would be coming back in 2008 on Comedy Central.

Never mind it was in June however Katey Segal did say that or so I think.

KidNexa

[8]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 9
    Thanks for the explanation!
    I was completely lost... Let's all buy theses DVD's, maybe they're a test, if people are still interested, they might make more movies or even a whole new season... That's what happened with 'Family Guy', wasn't it?... So let's hope without going overboard... 

asutho

[9]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 17

The first movie, currently under the working title Futurama: Bender's Big Score, is in production, the producers are aiming for a Christmas 2007 release and have completed dialogue recording already. The film is written by Ken Keeler and David X. Cohen, and will include return appearances by the Nibblonians, Seymour, Barbados Slim, Morbo, Santa Bot, the "God" space entity, Al Gore, and Zapp Branigann

YAY.

peekone

[10]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 45
    asutho wrote:

The first movie, currently under the working title Futurama: Bender's Big Score, is in production, the producers are aiming for a Christmas 2007 release and have completed dialogue recording already. The film is written by Ken Keeler and David X. Cohen, and will include return appearances by the Nibblonians, Seymour, Barbados Slim, Morbo, Santa Bot, the "God" space entity, Al Gore, and Zapp Branigann

YAY.

omg, the god space entity! Godfellas is one of my favourite eps. AND Barbados Slim, LOL.

KidNexa wrote:
    Thanks for the explanation!

I was completely lost... Let's all buy theses DVD's, maybe they're a test, if people are still interested, they might make more movies or even a whole new season... That's what happened with 'Family Guy', wasn't it?... So let's hope without going overboard...

well david cohen said that the reason the movies were being made was because FOX was so impressed with the sale of the season DVD's, which i own
    Edited on 11/21/2006 4:24am

aussie_guy1

[11]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    asutho wrote:

YAY.

It would be better for the fans if they released all the DVD's at the same time. Waiting for the eps to air individually will be so frustrating. Yet at the same time, maybe watching all four movies in a row on DVD will leave us wanting more too soon.

butchazoid

[13]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 12
    Thanks, jimbo 001. That'll even things out, finally.

Ultimate_Critic

[14]Nov 30, 2006
    2007? I'll be a poor in-debt student by then and won't have any money to buy the DVDs!

Tynick58

[15]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    No It Didn't

Family-Guy-Gary

[16]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    Hopefully Futurama will go the way of Family Guy. I hope they make new season of Futurama.

jimbo_001

[17]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 56

Family-Guy-Gary wrote:
    Hopefully Futurama will go the way of Family Guy.

Well hopefully if Futurama gets a new season, it won't be quite as bad as the new FG episodes.

mataletea

[18]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 15

I would love to see new episodes of Futurama. But I am a little worried that there will be a big drop in the quality of any new episodes. Another favourite show of mine Red Dwarf spent a similar time off the air and returned with two seasons of what was in my opinion utter rubbish. I dont want to see the same happen to this great show.

zhangliao1

[19]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 6
    yes thats it get some rich guy to buy every copy of all the movies in the world that should convince them its popular

by the way the robot devil is the best

i mean just listen to him sing

butchazoid

[20]Dec 5, 2006
    Tynick58 wrote:
    No It Didn't

Futurama's not coming back as a series! Get over it!