Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Resurrection?

Resurrection: What is your favourite Futurama film?

degrassiZIMfan

[21]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 35
    I actuallyread in tons of places (including a very acurate futurama fansite) that Futurama was coming to Comedy Central in 2008 with at least 13 episodes. 4 of which would be partial versions of the 4 movies. 9 of which would be completely new. Now I read that more than 1 place so I think this topic is wrong.

Don't get worked up though I just heard that in a ton of places.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Family-Guy-Gary

[22]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    jimbo_001 wrote:

Family-Guy-Gary wrote:
    Hopefully Futurama will go the way of Family Guy.

Well hopefully if Futurama gets a new season, it won't be quite as bad as the new FG episodes.

You made a typo there, you said Family Guy instead of The Simpsons.

Family Guy is doing better than ever, much better than anything else on TV at the moment.

jimbo_001

[23]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 56

degrassiZIMfan wrote:
    I actuallyread in tons of places (including a very acurate futurama fansite) that Futurama was coming to Comedy Central in 2008 with at least 13 episodes. 4 of which would be partial versions of the 4 movies. 9 of which would be completely new. Now I read that more than 1 place so I think this topic is wrong. Don't get worked up though I just heard that in a ton of places.

Read the first post, a lot of sites got misleading information that they believed was fact since it came straight from a voice actor's mouth. The voice actor misunsderstood that it was only movies being made and a lot of sites posted later about the mistake though many just ignored it.

Gummi_Bear

[24]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 4

Are there movies about futurama? i just had to ask.

But didn't it say on the news on this site that matt groening was going to make a hole new season to 2008?

jimbo_001 wrote:

degrassiZIMfan wrote:
    I actuallyread in tons of places (including a very acurate futurama fansite) that Futurama was coming to Comedy Central in 2008 with at least 13 episodes. 4 of which would be partial versions of the 4 movies. 9 of which would be completely new. Now I read that more than 1 place so I think this topic is wrong. Don't get worked up though I just heard that in a ton of places.

Read the first post, a lot of sites got misleading information that they believed was fact since it came straight from a voice actor's mouth. The voice actor misunsderstood that it was only movies being made and a lot of sites posted later about the mistake though many just ignored it.

Tynick58

[25]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 7
    I Won't "Get over it" Untill theres Proof!

Tynick58

[26]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 7
    REAL PROOF!

cleospal9

[27]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOX#Criticism

This is just another web site just like the one  I posted earlier.

( But don't be confused since this website is one of the ones saying there will be new episodes )

cleospal9

[28]Dec 9, 2006
    Proof of no new episodes = http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2020&KW=billywest

peekone

[29]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 45
    zhangliao1 wrote:
    yes thats it get some rich guy to buy every copy of all the movies in the world that should convince them its popular

by the way the robot devil is the best

i mean just listen to him sing

dan castalanetta is the man.

peekone

[30]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 45
    Family-Guy-Gary wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:

Family-Guy-Gary wrote:

Well hopefully if Futurama gets a new season, it won't be quite as bad as the new FG episodes.

Family Guy is doing better than ever, much better than anything else on TV at the moment.

you can't be serious...? i can name numerous shows that are a lot better that FG.
    Edited on 12/13/2006 3:44pm

Smeagol001

[31]Dec 14, 2006
    peekone wrote:
    Family-Guy-Gary wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:

Family-Guy-Gary wrote:

you can't be serious...? i can name numerous shows that are a lot better that FG.

I can see where this is going.

DeeDeeDee-er

[32]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 22
    This is NOT a false rumor.  Futurama is planned to now be on Comedy Central (instead of Fox) in a few months.  They're currently writing episodes and movies for next year.  And don't reply saying "No it isn't!!!", cause I know it is!

jimbo_001

[33]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 56

DeeDeeDee-er wrote:
    This is NOT a false rumor.  Futurama is planned to now be on Comedy Central (instead of Fox) in a few months.  They're currently writing episodes and movies for next year.  And don't reply saying "No it isn't!!!", cause I know it is!

They're currently writing and animating dvd movies that will air as episodes in 2008, not next year and only when they are released will we know if a new season will be made, depending on the success of the movies both through dvd sales and ratings on tv. Until Comedy Central or the show creators announce a new season will there be proof and that has not occured yet.

cleospal9

[34]Dec 15, 2006

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002710592.cfm

Okay I'm sorry for always posting these URLs but this is a very "interesting" interview with David X. Cohen

bestlaker

[35]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 42
    I was watching Attack of the Show and at the bottom of the screen where it has The Feed I saw that it said Futurame will be back with a new season in 2008.

DeeDeeDee-er

[36]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 22
    jimbo_001 wrote:

DeeDeeDee-er wrote:

They're currently writing and animating dvd movies that will air as episodes in 2008, not next year and only when they are released will we know if a new season will be made, depending on the success of the movies both through dvd sales and ratings on tv. Until Comedy Central or the show creators announce a new season will there be proof and that has not occured yet.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was late next year, or in 2008.

mitu123

[37]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 14
    It would be stupid if this show doesn't come back. I wouldn't kill myself if it didn't, but the truth is that this show has to come back and be on Comedy Central. Why else wouldn't it be true? Why would they lie to us? It's all Fox's fault for doing their evil bidding in the first place in 2003. When this show comes back, Fox had lost a show that everyone else but them has cared about.

Spirolli

[38]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 3

Just to put it out there.

There are many facts that can point to the conclusion that many new episodes are to be created even if you don't believe the reports of new episodes.

First is Comedy Central (who is said to have "purchased" the new episodes) purchases the rights to show Futurama for five years, after Adult Swim's right to show Futurama expires in December 2007.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117931802.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

And if you notice this article appeared 6 months before serious talk of a possible comeback and 8 months before what some might say 'official' declarations of new episodes.  Also Comedy Central tendered 400,000 dollars for the deal (their biggest acquisition yet, according to the article).  It's also important to point out that the question, Why Comedy Central would pay that much money for a show that has been shown to death on Adult Swim without the possibly of new fresh material?

Second, as some have said the DVD sales would dictate whether or not there would be another season. Honestly, I have a hard time finding the logic in it.  DVDs, in the first case appeal mostly to the fan base and tend to loose the fringe viewers that watch the show but don't necessarily want to spend money on it.  Second, while fan bases can be large they can't amount much to changing a producers decision.  And to boot futurama is 2 years old from last new airing, it might have lost some fan base. 

lizziedizzie720

[39]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    I liked Futurama. It was way better than The Simpsons.

asutho

[40]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 17
    I can't bloody wait till futurama comes back, i hope Matt stops working on the simpsons, it gets cancelled and Futurama comes back permanatly.

YAY that would be GREAT