Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Resurrection?

Resurrection: What is your favourite Futurama film?

jimbo_001

[101]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 56
    BKback75 wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:

soundsofsilence wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    I thought that comedy central bought Futrama and they are making a movie or something like that?
    There are going to be two versions. One for the DVD and the other for television. They'll have the same plot but Matt said they'd change a few things.

4 movies for DVD and TV (TV movies split into episodes)

Is is true that when the movie comes out that they are going to re-visit Fry/Leelas relationship? I heard that from Wikipedia but Wikipedia is not a great source

There are no credible sources to back it up but I for one hope not. I think the chase is funnier and whether they've been together and broken up or are together we'll lose the theme of Fry constantly trying to win Leela's heart with hilarious consequences.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greengumballs

[102]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    jimbo_001 wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:

soundsofsilence wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    I thought that comedy central bought Futrama and they are making a movie or something like that?
    There are going to be two versions. One for the DVD and the other for television. They'll have the same plot but Matt said they'd change a few things.

4 movies for DVD and TV (TV movies split into episodes)

Is is true that when the movie comes out that they are going to re-visit Fry/Leelas relationship? I heard that from Wikipedia but Wikipedia is not a great source

There are no credible sources to back it up but I for one hope not. I think the chase is funnier and whether they've been together and broken up or are together we'll lose the theme of Fry constantly trying to win Leela's heart with hilarious consequences.

Agreed!

lazyjay

[103]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 30
    Does anyone know when Cartoon Network will stop airing Futurama? I feel I've been spoiled by their airing 9 (sometime 10) episodes a week recently and I fear that Comedy Central will air Futurama only once in a while after they take over the series. I hope my withdrawl symptoms won't be too severe.

simpsons26

[104]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 13

lazyjay wrote:
    Does anyone know when Cartoon Network will stop airing Futurama? I feel I've been spoiled by their airing 9 (sometime 10) episodes a week recently and I fear that Comedy Central will air Futurama only once in a while after they take over the series. I hope my withdrawl symptoms won't be too severe.

DECEMBER 31, 2007

simpsons26

[105]Apr 29, 2007

I got more news on he reture of FUTURAMA

"I was frustrated when it got cancelled, but Fox, 20th Television is the one who came back and said, 'Would you like to do a DVD movie?'" Groening recalled. We said, 'Let's do two' and they said, 'Well, why not three?' and we said, 'Well, why not four?' and they said, 'Okay, four' and then that's it."

After this, Comedy Central won a bid to air the films as new "Futurama" episodes. "We're writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes. Chopped up is an indelicate way of putting it but we are doing them as movies and then we are reconfiguring them and writing new material and narration and this that and the other so that they'll stand on their own as episodes."

jimbo_001

[106]Apr 29, 2007
    simpsons26 wrote:

"I was frustrated when it got cancelled, but Fox, 20th Television is the one who came back and said, 'Would you like to do a DVD movie?'" Groening recalled. We said, 'Let's do two' and they said, 'Well, why not three?' and we said, 'Well, why not four?' and they said, 'Okay, four' and then that's it."

After this, Comedy Central won a bid to air the films as new "Futurama" episodes. "We're writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes. Chopped up is an indelicate way of putting it but we are doing them as movies and then we are reconfiguring them and writing new material and narration and this that and the other so that they'll stand on their own as episodes."

That's not new news or a new interview. This quote was already discussed. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

butchazoid wrote:
    Well, Matt Groening has finally made some clarification on Futurama's ressurection. Read here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=397361

DeeMonstar

[107]May 1, 2007
    simpsons26 wrote:

:-(

I hadn't read that until just now. That sucks.

mrn71

[108]May 4, 2007
    • level: 55

DeeMonstar wrote:
    I hadn't read that until just now. That sucks.

??? Dude, we're getting new Futurama! What part of the news 'sucks'?

lozharris

[109]May 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    With you there! New Futurama is only going to be a good thing! I just hope we Aussies don't have to wait too much longer for it!!

Apparently it picks up 2 years after The Devils Hands... and the Fry & Leela thing is addressed straight away. I think that the writers know that it is unrealistic to have Fry & Leela together in the show so I reckon it will still be the same shtick (Fry chasing Leela, Leela won't admit her feelings for Fry).

JamesL007

[110]May 4, 2007
    Futurama the movie is coming out soon, Its called Benders Big Score. Look for it soon. Peace

captaindillo456

[111]May 14, 2007
    • level: 18

Futurmama technically is coming back, Matt Groening said in an interview that the 16 episodes that are being split from the movies are being released as "Season 5" on dvd and seperatley as movies, because there are quite a few changes in them, so yes it is coming back.

P.S. Any Mission Hill or Queer Duck Fans go to their forums and pick the Second season thread, help us out!

frikybilbao

[112]May 23, 2007
    • level: 17
    The news about the resurrection of the series is really good because Futurama was a great animation series and one of the most creative of this genre in addition to the first and unique parody of Sci Fi in animation. Is great to see back because when they cancelled against Matt Groening...I had not words to describe my annoyance.

americatvgeek

[113]May 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    I Don't Believe It

jimbo_001

[114]May 24, 2007
    Just letting everyone know, I won't be on the computer for a few days so any submissions probably won't be accepted/rejected until Monday so don't be too impatient.

captaindillo456

[115]May 31, 2007
    • level: 18

There's already several links on Futurama's comeback.

Edited on 05/31/2007 7:48pm

soundsofsilence

[116]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 23
    To the guy that asked if that clip on adultswim last night was a teaser: It was a promo for the robot chicken star wars special.

YVONEHTNIOJ

[117]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 4

No, actually it is. I'm pretty sure because there have been jokes on tv about how it was coming back but the station was to cheap to afford it,p.s. its CTNW. But really its coming to comedy central then sooner or later FOX.

butchazoid

[118]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 12

americatvgeek wrote:
    I Don't Believe It

Believe it! More Futurama's coming. Don't know for sure when the first movie will be out, but specs are pointing at December 2007.

dbzguy406

[119]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    oooo its getting closer! yay

carolina_999

[120]Jun 16, 2007
    now even closer than the last post!