Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Resurrection?

Resurrection: What is your favourite Futurama film?

squirrelboyfan

[121]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 12

YAY!!!FUTRAMA"S COMING BACK!!!!!!!!I love this show!

TV.com already made the report

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BradyBannister5

[122]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    yay! its coming back! but..now comes the longgggg wait........still waiting....yep....not much longer now......uh huh....lala....

gooferboy

[123]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    jimbo_001 wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:

soundsofsilence wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    I thought that comedy central bought Futrama and they are making a movie or something like that?
    There are going to be two versions. One for the DVD and the other for television. They'll have the same plot but Matt said they'd change a few things.

4 movies for DVD and TV (TV movies split into episodes)

Is is true that when the movie comes out that they are going to re-visit Fry/Leelas relationship? I heard that from Wikipedia but Wikipedia is not a great source

There are no credible sources to back it up but I for one hope not. I think the chase is funnier and whether they've been together and broken up or are together we'll lose the theme of Fry constantly trying to win Leela's heart with hilarious consequences.

Are you kidding me? There are WIKIPEDIA articles that are crappy but the Futurama one is perfectly backed up by numerous sources, like this one: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002710592.cfm

This interview confirms that the series is coming back

jimbo_001

[124]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 56
    gooferboy wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    jimbo_001 wrote:

soundsofsilence wrote:
    BKback75 wrote:
    I thought that comedy central bought Futrama and they are making a movie or something like that?
    There are going to be two versions. One for the DVD and the other for television. They'll have the same plot but Matt said they'd change a few things.

4 movies for DVD and TV (TV movies split into episodes)

Is is true that when the movie comes out that they are going to re-visit Fry/Leelas relationship? I heard that from Wikipedia but Wikipedia is not a great source

There are no credible sources to back it up but I for one hope not. I think the chase is funnier and whether they've been together and broken up or are together we'll lose the theme of Fry constantly trying to win Leela's heart with hilarious consequences.

Are you kidding me? There are WIKIPEDIA articles that are crappy but the Futurama one is perfectly backed up by numerous sources, like this one: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002710592.cfm This interview confirms that the series is coming back

I know Futurama is coming back - who do you think created this thread? I was replying to the user stating that Fry and Leela's relationship will be revisited. I even say that in my post.

Jezzen

[125]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 10

gooferboy wrote:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002710592.cfm

First use of "hitherto" went well. Now that's funny.

Thnx, you made my day

DojoKanooJoto

[126]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 20
    Even now people don't pay attention to this thread here. I just a new thread that was of course titled bring futurama back.

Exkutt56

[127]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    Matt Groening stated that Futurama was going to come back as a series at early 2008 but not anymore. Instead four straight to DVD movies are being made with the first expected Christmas 2007("Bender's Big Score")the rest to follow. Then these films will be cut up into separate episodes(a la Family Guy) and aired on Comedy Central in 2008. That is it-no more will come out of Futurama. Matt Groening will release the highly anticipated Simpsons Movie on July 27, 2007 in theaters. Apparently he does not give up on The Simpsons and will continue to make more episodes after the movie, which is a shame because the new seasons are just TERRIBLE and if it were up to me, I will wrap up The Simpsons with the movie. Sounds like a nice way to end it. Don't you think?

jimbo_001

[128]Jun 20, 2007

Exkutt56 wrote:
    Matt Groening stated that Futurama was going to come back as a series at early 2008 but not anymore. Instead four straight to DVD movies are being made with the first expected Christmas 2007("Bender's Big Score")the rest to follow. Then these films will be cut up into separate episodes(a la Family Guy) and aired on Comedy Central in 2008. That is it-no more will come out of Futurama. Matt Groening will release the highly anticipated Simpsons Movie on July 27, 2007 in theaters.

None of that is new news

squirrelboyfan

[129]Jun 20, 2007
    Exkutt56 wrote:
    Matt Groening stated that Futurama was going to come back as a series at early 2008 but not anymore. Instead four straight to DVD movies are being made with the first expected Christmas 2007("Bender's Big Score")the rest to follow. Then these films will be cut up into separate episodes(a la Family Guy) and aired on Comedy Central in 2008. That is it-no more will come out of Futurama. Matt Groening will release the highly anticipated Simpsons Movie on July 27, 2007 in theaters.
    Yeah,Everyone who likes this show know"s that.
    Edited on 06/20/2007 2:30pm

lazyjay

[130]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 30
    jimbo_001 wrote:

Exkutt56 wrote:

None of that is new news

He probably posted that as a service for fans, like himself, who don't bother to read a thread before posting to it.

DojoKanooJoto

[131]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 20
    Exkutt56 wrote:
    Matt Groening stated that Futurama was going to come back as a series at early 2008 but not anymore. Instead four straight to DVD movies are being made with the first expected Christmas 2007("Bender's Big Score")the rest to follow. Then these films will be cut up into separate episodes(a la Family Guy) and aired on Comedy Central in 2008. That is it-no more will come out of Futurama. Matt Groening will release the highly anticipated Simpsons Movie on July 27, 2007 in theaters. Apparently he does not give up on The Simpsons and will continue to make more episodes after the movie, which is a shame because the new seasons are just TERRIBLE and if it were up to me, I will wrap up The Simpsons with the movie. Sounds like a nice way to end it. Don't you think?

This is what I'm talking about people still don't pay attention.

shredisnotdead9

[132]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 1

Can't wait to see "Nudar"! Plus, Seymour is back. That will mend many broken hearts, i think.

Plus, thank god they have the same cast as before. I would hate it if the voices were different.

StewieZim101

[133]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 16
    Hey he's a n00b. What do you expect( no offence to all thelevel 1sout there).

SinkaVonka

[134]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    Hmm, so after the newepisodes have aired that's it? No more Futurama? Why? I thought that if the ratings were good then the show would continue beyond that. What's the point then if they don't plan to continue? Also, can someone explain why are they releasing the movieson DVD and then editiing them into episodes? Who's gonna watch the epis on TV after the DVDs have been released?

jimbo_001

[135]Jun 22, 2007

SinkaVonka wrote:
    Hmm, so after the newepisodes have aired that's it? No more Futurama? Why? I thought that if the ratings were good then the show would continue beyond that. What's the point then if they don't plan to continue? Also, can someone explain why are they releasing the movieson DVD and then editiing them into episodes? Who's gonna watch the epis on TV after the DVDs have been released?

1. Maybe. If the new episodes are successful, another season may be made. It's sort of a trial to see if there are enough fans to turn a profit.

2. People with no money may not buy the dvds, though that doesn't make sense because you have to pay for Comedy Central. Or do you? I wouldn't know, I'm not American, but that's what I've heard. But obsessive fans may want to see the little changed jokes in the episodes.

But we're all hoping for as much more Futurama as possible.

lazyjay

[136]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 30
    jimbo_001 wrote:

SinkaVonka wrote:

1. Maybe. If the new episodes are successful, another season may be made. It's sort of a trial to see if there are enough fans to turn a profit.

Almost any "Why" question, when relating to a business or government, can be answered with a single word... Money. It's all about the money.

jimbo_001 wrote:
    2. People with no money may not buy the dvds, though that doesn't make sense because you have to pay for Comedy Central. Or do you? I wouldn't know, I'm not American, but that's what I've heard. But obsessive fans may want to see the little changed jokes in the episodes.

Yes, people in the US have to pay anywhere between $20 and $100 a month for cable TV service to get either Cartoon Network, the host for [adult swim], or Comedy Central. Sometimes it's easier to pay $20 a month to watch Futurama (plus all of the additional content we get with cable service) than to fork out $80 (or $160) all at once to watch something that we know is going to be aired soon anyway. As an obssesed fan I will definately be purchasing the new DVDs *and* watching the what they do with the episode re-works on CC.

jimbo_001 wrote:
    But we're all hoping for as much more Futurama as possible.

True, that! I'm just hoping that the revival doesn't ruin the beautiful chemistry that was achieved in the first 4 (or 5) seasons of Futurama. I'd hate to see another dive bomb into crass brainless humour like what happened with Family Guy.

[edit]I don't feel like fixing it, so I will humbly accept the award for Application of Apallingly Bad Grammar for this post. Not because it's the worst use of grammar I've seen here, but because I should, and do, know better.[/edit]

Edited on 06/22/2007 11:15pm

SinkaVonka

[137]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    I'm definately getting the movies on DVD. I'm very excited about the return of Futurama.

deathmatchfan

[138]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 3

Heres some proof its coming back(its not fanmade)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TCxBRsjYw

jimbo_001

[139]Jun 23, 2007
    We already know it's coming back and there are several more credible sources than that proving its return.

squirrelboyfan

[140]Jun 24, 2007
    deathmatchfan wrote:

Heres some proof its coming back(its not fanmade)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TCxBRsjYw

In the begining I thought It had nothing to do with this show but then,Until I saw Bender in Claymation I thought It was only fanmade but until,It showed Comedy Central then it was real.