Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

So um they replaced all the voice actors...guess the show is still dead=/

AngryDome

[21]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 2
    Jerry_P wrote:
    Thanks for the explanation. It sure looks to me like that people know more than they're saying. Or they know less than they're saying and making things up. Either way, I personally think it's silly at this point to form groups, send in letters, send in recordings, etc.

Yeah, really.

Phil LaMarr also recently revealed that the 75 grand is a made up number and the cast is actually asking for much less.

I still think it's a poorly thought out prank or publicity stunt, but if the studio is behind this, they're almost certainly trying to renegotiate contracts. No way is it cost effective to audition new people, bring in lawyers and agents to go over contracts on top of reviving an animated show on every single level of production.

I love to hate on Fox for all of my favorite shows that they cancelled, but the execs want to make money, and once the show reaches syndication numbers (100 episodes) they'll make so much money re-airing an already finished product, on top of new DVDs to sell and ad revenue, especially if Fox activates the clause that says they get first dibs to air new episodes.

I'm going to Comic-Con this weekend, so hopefully we'll know for sure at the panel. On the microscopic chance that Fox is really considering this, I'd like to be there for the start of the nerd riot. I should look into converting my new Bender head into a helmet to lead the charge.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GiverSSJ

[22]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 13
    Nilanyas wrote:
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/100/1004973p1.html

Is it offical though?

AngryDome

[23]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 2
    GiverSSJ wrote:
    Nilanyas wrote:
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/100/1004973p1.html

Is it offical though?

No, not yet. Every trade magazine, blog, and new service keep quoting the same block of text from someone at Fox, but no name, division, or title has been attributed to that person. Any news has been of the VA's Facebook, LiveJournal, and forum posts.

I'm waiting for the panel at Comic-Con to have some news (which I'll finally be attending), and if it's bad (which I seriously doubt) then I'll check the shiny new Bender I just got there at the stage and I imagine that's how the first ever Comic-Con riot will start.

EddyBob15

[24]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 30
    Well, I'd hate to see the fantastic team of voice actors replaced by new ones. Those actors were what gave the characters the magic they held and I doubt that any other vocie actor can duplicate it, although I can see someone like Will Friedle playing Fry. I think perhaps Fox needs word from the fans that no other acting team can compete with the original vocie actors. While we're at it, maybe we should send word to Fox and help end the dispute on whether the new season should continue where Into The Wild Green Yonder left off. I'll tell you this, if things keep going the way they are, then maybe the show should just stay cancelled.