Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Why is TV.Com so negative about Futurama's return?

KurtPikachu2001

[1]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 11

It seems like everytime TV.Com talks about the new Futurama, it's always so negative. It's like this website doesn't even like it. I think the new episodes are as good as ever. It even said about the new episode 'That Darn Katz' that it feels a crossover with 'Animal Hoarders'. Don't get it. What's your buzz?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alkmaarder

[2]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 2

must agree that the show is better then ever.

123tv

[3]Aug 5, 2010

I completely agree, and I know why. I remember reading the articles on TV.com about the straight to DVD movies Futurama had a year back and just tearing them to shreds.Admittedly they were not that great but that doesn't mean that the new season is not good. Even though, there have been a few bad episodes this season there have also been some amazing episodes and in the end the good episodes faroutweighthe bad ones. I doubt the writers at TV.com have watched most of the new season they wrote it off after the movies.

BundyX75

[4]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 6

I read on article on TV.com that didn't bash the new season. It was after the premiere, it did say it was not as good as the original episodes, not as creative, and more nakedness (literally). The article as noted that it was better than the movies. That article wasn't too negative. This season been great, only one episode so far that I don't want to see again, the in Da-ga Leela one.

Edited on 08/05/2010 6:43pm

Lord_Fly

[5]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 6

I have to agree. I know I was a little skeptical at first, there are lots of shows that lose what made them special when they try to return. Look no further than Family Guy which despite having the occasional moment of brilliance has come back repeating the same old joke over and over again [your original run was brilliant, because it was out there, new and interesting, why are you wrecking what makes you special]. Yet I've been pleasantly surprised by Futurama's return. There have been a few, so-so episodes and I think they are relying too much on ripping off pop-culture with a Futurama twist [i.e. The Duh-Vinci Code]; but overall the new episodes are as solid as ever. There is humour, elements of heart, random partial nudity [for little rational reason] and Bender; all fun elements that made the show special, unique, a little twisted and so great.

As per the movies. Yes they weren't the best, some good, mostly okay, and parts were pretty bad; but they were a way that the creators could sustain the series, while making a quick buck.

showinuse9

[6]Aug 23, 2010
    i know i hated the dvd movies, and i hated at the beginning of the season how it sounded like they were just using the show to complain about 20th and 21th century technology and events. The eyephone thing was just annoying, the amy bender thing was awkward, and other things. My biggest complaint has been and still is not enough zoidberg quips. i loved episodes where he made like 3 or 4 funny gags or jokes but wasnt the main character but he doesnt show up.Im still watching though cause i know they need some feedback and time to get their legs back after so long off. But i know its gonna be back to perfection soon. Professor farnsworth is the best thing so far he is always rocking awesome lol

3trleo

[7]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 1

read my review at http://adf.ly/5pEI

Edited on 09/02/2010 12:13pm