Futurama Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

Wrap your minds around this....

KurtPikachu2001

[1]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 11

What if Futurama was about a girl who gets cryogenically frozen and goes to work for Planet Express? What would she be like? Would she be a dumb fun loving slacker or smart andmore serious, or what? All the other characters would be the same, but only the main character is a female. Also, Leela would havean on again off again boyfriend.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BundyX75

[2]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 6

I doubt I'd like the show as much as I do. If the female was dumb, well then I'm certain there will be more bimbo jokes, and more times when she has sex with some jerk because of her stupidity ... which isn't something I find particularly enjoyable to watch over and over again. If she was more smart and serious, she be what, Leela? I don't like either of those two options. It ruins the romance portion, Fry and Leela's relationship is one of the best parts of the show, so taking that away would be awful.

Also, the idea of Leela having an on and off again boyfriend is terrible, in my opinion. Her character is suppose to be so strong, I don't want to see her consistently going to date the same guy over the course of the series.

Samuel2484

[3]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 16

Yeah I could only imagine the show being verystereotypicalif they had the main character be a stupid woman, because like the guy below me said 'Bimbo' jokes wouldn't make the show look good. I don't really see a reason to change the characters, they are golden as they are, and Fry (who's my favourite) is a great Character who I think carried us through the story very well in the beginning episodes.