Futurama

I, Roommate

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 06, 1999 on Comedy Central

• New roommate

Another episode, great!!! Fry is still living at his Uncle's. The gang want Fry to get his own place to live. So Fry and Bender became roommmate when they share at Bender's robot apartment. Found out that Bender loves small space, no movement, very interesting. Fry really want to move out of Bender's Apt, but Fry dont want to hurt Bender's feeling. Robot do have feelings and emotions. But Fry decided to move back with Bender, it was so very hearty to be best friend forever. It did show Fry and Bender as best friend and tight. Fry are so glad of it!
  • It was OK.

6.8
    "Everyone is sick of Fry living at Planet Express, so he is forced to move out to become Bender's roommate. The only catch is that Bender's apartment is too small for the two. After some searching they find a great apartment. A problem arises when Bender's antenna interferes with the TV reception. Bender decides to cut off his antenna so that he can live with Fry again. However he doesn't feel right without it, so he decides to leave and go back to his old apartment where he feels lonely. Leela convinces to convince Fry going back to the "small" apartment."

Not the greatest episode, and then again, not the worst. This episode is good with humor like al the others, yet, it lacks a storyline. Average episode.
  • Bender and Fry are roommates.

When Fry is kicked out of The Planet Express ship due to laziness, Bender invites Fry to live with Bender as his roommate. But Fry is fed up and tired of living with bender, due to the very small living space( it's just a closet). Fry tries to break it to Bender easy, but he can tell Bender isn't over it. Fry rents a new, fancy apartment, and invites Bender to live with him. But Bender's antanae is disrupting the Tv signal, so he is forced to move out.

This was a great episode. Bender was great in it. I loved his line "Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?", and him being drunk from not drinking.

Overall Grade: 85%/B+
  • great

never realized how funny this episode was till i watched it with a friend, also a futurama fan, and we both laughed a lot, especially at bender's line "Hey sexy mama, you wanna kill all humans" or something like that. and the plot is pretty good, but i don't like the last act a whole lot. the ending is pretty funny. overall my grade for this episode would be one of the most easy "A's" i have ever given, this is surely one of the top 5 or so funniest episodes of the show, I think at least. Top-notch comedy
  • Fry and Bender... room mates!

Fry and Bender get kicked out of the Planet Express due to lack of work and over-usage of facilities of the Planet Express station *cough* radiation *cough* chemicalshower *cough*. So Fry starts living in some form of room (very small, nonetheless) and becomes an annoyance for Fry as it's small. He says he's moving out, and he tries to find a new place to live. They all seem a bit bad (one's underwater, one's a resemblance of an M.C. Escher print, and one's in technically in New Jersey. A doctor, former Planet Express-er dies and they try for his old apartment. And since there's a closet, Bender can live there too. Due to Bender's 'aerial', they can not watch the ending of All My Circuits, however, so he chops his aerial off. They move back to Bender's old apartment... until Fry figures out there's a 'closet' which happens to be a large room for him to live. Great episode!
  • Funny!

This episode is where the show took off. It was hilarious, witty, and sweet. Bender, as always, was hilarious and clever. This episode contained the first appearance of the twisted robot soap opera, All My Circuits, a parody of a current human soap opera, All My Children, that no one actually watches, unlike All My Circuits.

Fry is one thing: a slob. This fact forces him to move out of the Planet Express facilities, and he moves in with Bender, but his apartment is too small, so the pair searches for a new apartment unsuccessfully, then they find the perfect apartment, which they move out of because of 'Little Bender'. They need to move back to Bender's old apartment, which Fry regrets. Then, it is revealed that there is a closet, which is much bigger than the apartment itself, and is totally empty. Fry asks if he can sleep there, and Bender says that he can, but laughs at the idea of sleeping in a closet, though he sleeps in a room that is the size (or smaller than the size) of a closet.
  • hillarious

• Fry and Bender become roomies.

Fry has been abusing his privileges at Planet Express and everyone is tired of it. When Bender goes to talk to Fry, All My Circuts is on TV and he stops to watch with Fry. Leela then tries to talk to him, but both of them ignore her. Everybody then helps push the two of them out on the couch. Bender offers to let Fry stay at his place and Fry accepts. The only problem is Bender basically lives in a closet. Fry gets enough of it and Leela takes he and Bender around to find an apartment. They find one and...
  • Cut!

Wow, I can't believe what I have just seen (knowing Bender's personality.) Let's see, Fry is apparently a naive big hearted dude who never wants to harm anyone 8that's the idea I get from the rest of the show.) But in this episode he is ruthless and mean. This is very unlike the Fry I know from other episodes. What I am thinking is that he is so dubm that he can't imagine the concequences to his actions. On the other hand we find Bender being a total wuss, once again, something very unlike him. A very good episode none the less. I couldn't really stop laughing the whole show.
  • The first amazingly funny episode in the whole series, but not to worry Futurama fans this will not be the last.

Everyone is sick of Fry living at Planet Express, so he is forced to move out to become Bender's roommate. The only catch is that Bender's apartment is too small for the two. After some searching they find a great apartment. A problem arises when Bender's antenna interferes with the TV reception as they try to watch "All My Circuits." Bender decides to cut off his antenna so that he can live with Fry again. However, he doesn't feel right without it, so he decides to leave and go back to his old apartment where he feels lonely. Leela tries to convince Fry to go back to the "small" apartment.
  • Truly a stepping stone in Fry & Bender's complex (and just plain strange) relationship.

This episode shows us some of the many places and locations that Futurama's universe contains. Additionally, it establishes the living space of Fry. Using clever plot devices, (and a sharp little jab at New Jersey) we follow Fry & Bender through their apartment hunt. They visit an filthy underwater hovel, an apartment with four dimensions, and one that is localized in New Jersey. Unable to locate a suitable domicile, they go to an apartment formely owned by one of Professor Farnsworth's colleagues. In less then five minutes, they turn in into a complete pig sty. Here we see how Fry & Bender can take the best of circumstances and completely ruin them. This episode ends with a heartwarming sacrifice on both Bender and Fry's part. However, they end up sacrificing nothing when Fry release Bender has a bedroom sized closet, and Bender reattaches his antenna.
  • LOL

in this episode everyone is tired of fry living in planet express and they kick him out and he has no where to go but bender offer him to stay with him as his roommate but he lives in a closet lol this is a silly funny episode good eepisode for the first season and i think everyone will find this funny and cool and i tihnk that all futurmama fans will also like this episode i loved it it was awsome and funny especially in the ending when bender got confused with a closet and a real room lol so i give this episode a 10/10
  • One crazy episode. (Aren't they all?)

This episode seemed a little stiff compared to other episodes, but I guess that's normal seeing as this was only the 3rd episode. It was still a realy good episode. It revealed a lot about the characters' nature and habits. I loved the ending. It's just like Futurama to have an ending like that. It turns out that Bender has a huge "closet" in the back of his apartment. Lol. If Fry had known that in the beginning (the episode wouldn't have been near as funny but) they wouldn't have had to go through all that drama. :P So yeah, this was a really good episode.
  • The third and most down to earth episode yet!

7.2
    Okay, I know that the writers were still getting their wings and the voice actors were still developing their voices and were in the early days, but I find this episode pretty boring. And as most of you know, I enjoy some good emotional stuff, but this episode is really boring to me, and some reasons for that is:

One, I tune into this show to see a brilliant sci - fi and then I watch it and sure it's set in the future and one of the main characters is a robot and another a huge krab, but I really did hate this story, and the main reason probaply is because it was set entirely on earth.

This episode made me laugh in some cases but it just seemed to slow for me.
  • Good

A very good episode, an example of Futurama at its best. I really like this episode. Fry has been behaving extra badyly, so, Fry is forced to move out of the Planet Express house. Bender and Fry go apartment hunting, this scene is hilarious. They eventually choose an apartment after many mishaps and start to make it into 'Fry' Style, basically a total pig-sty. The gang then arrive to give house-warming presents, while the tv breaks. On all My Circuits Calculon gets married but the end is cut off. Bender broke the tv and is pushed out again. Fry and Bender debate when/if to move. Bender moves and Fry stays. Bender is hurt by this. He then cuts his anntena off to be with Fry. They then move into Bender's huge apartment. A really good episode
  • Apartment hunting in the Year 3000

In this episode and not yet having his own place Fry is invited by Bender to stay with him. The presentation of Bender's apartment is great with Bender opening the door for Fry and looking back inviting him in. We see a shocked look on Fry's face as he enters Benders apartment and we find out it is only a tiny place barely room for them both to stand.

With Leela's help Bender and Fry search for the perfect apartment only to end up exactly back where they had begun, but now with Fry living in Bender's before unknown, very spacious closet.
  • This is a sweet episode.

This episode is kinda funny. Fry finally moves out.

Fry using all the water and wasting food and being a slob and everyone is tired of it. Everyone forces him to move. He moves in with Bender. It is really cramped. His aprtment is smaller than a phone booth. Fry finally tells him that he is moving out. Bender wants to move with him. They check our a bunch of crazy apartments. Then they finally find a good one. Bender is soon kicked out becuase his antenna is screwing up the satalite TV in the whole building. He is really sad. Fry fells sorry for him, so he moves back into Bender's apartment. He brings a plant. He asks Bender if he has a window or somthing. Bender says there is one in his closet. His closet is like 40' by 40'. Fry just moves in there.

I give this episode a 9.2 out of 10.
  • I love this one, because it shows Bender's emotions.

I love this one, because it shows Bender's emotions. This was most likely the best Bender-Fry episode. I thought it was kind of funny, but I liked seeing the environments. And then the end at Bender's closet! Classic comedy, unclassic episode. This is pretty good. Not an extreme classic but near there. It is good if you watch it, but the episode will soon be forgotten. I like it, you might like it, and TV.com is not good at picking ratings. I think my ratings will work better. So if you are looking for a rating ready my reviews. Because they have ratings.
  • Fry gets a room....

This episode was a fine example of how robots can interupt TV shows like "All my circuits" and even "The Simpsons"

Fry, our crazy chum needs a place to stay, so Bender lets Fry bunk and his...apartment. Fry notices a closet that takes his liking and lives there now. But, at the housewarming party, Bender gets troubled by a TV set.

Everyone hated Bender for that, so Bender has no choice but to cut off his anttena.

But Fry soon realises, his friends are more important than the TV.

Overall a good episode explaining that friends and/or TV are always there for you.

TTlover
  • Introduction of Calculon and All My Circuits

This episode is hilarious especially the bizarre possible homes that Bender and Fry visit. The plot was great especially the closet-sized house that Bender and Fry stay in which is later revealed to have a closet or full sized house. This introduces the show inside a show of All My Circuits which is constanly interrupted by Bender's "thingy" as Amy puts it. All My Circuits also teaches Fry and Bender a lesson even if they do apologise in reverse. This episode has too many great jokes to list such as Fry using the burn shower and eating Farnsworth's preserved mummy - "this is an outrage, I was going to eat that mummy!" This episode is one of the first three introductory episodes as it shows Fry's apartment. Truly a classic episode.

"Y'know Fry, of all the friends I've had, you're the first."
  • Really enjoyable to watch.

The rest of the crew are sick and tired of Fry and Bender being a couple of slackers and living at Planet Express so they have to go and get their own place.

Fry finds its great to have a robot as a roommate because they don't need that much room to feel comfortable. That is until he discovers that Benders antenna screws up the reception on their TV.

I've just started watching Futurama for the second time from scratch and its even more enjoyable on second viewing. The first 3 episodes are just establishing episodes where we learn more and more about the characters, it is very entertaining.
  • This is a hilarious episode but every episode is.

I really enjoyed this episode especially at the end when Fry figures out he was just living in the closet.I think that having a robot for a roommate would be the best thing to happen especially with Bender but it was a bit crowded so naa.I think that episode was great.
WGNAMER